Official 2020 DL/EDGE Thread

CalhounLambeau

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

He's such a handful

Yeah he should go top 10 but might not, still as a pass rusher there is a ton to like about him and he most likely gets drafted over Gross-Matos.  But there is talk he might return to Iowa which would be a shock but is apparently a possibility.  

With AJ Epenesa and his performance last night, that was against Austin Jackson a possible 1st round pick.  Jackson might have to rethink declaring early after this showing.  Originally I had him as a sure 1st rounder and maybe he still is this year but he more than struggled last night against Epenesa, got off balance a ton and was out of position a few times with his footwork.  Just shows how good Epenesa is doing what he did against Austin Jackson who is not a bad player.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Gross-Matos playing with a club on his wrist in the Cotton Bowl today.  He's had a lingering wrist/arm issue since the Ohio State game.

And still got a sack with one hand pulling down a QB. Big Ten showing out in the pass rushing departments. Wilekes looked really good in his bowl game as well.

I watched Chase Young closely against Clemson.  I was highly unimpressed.  He just plays so high and stiff.  He doesn't come close to bending the edge like Myles Garrett or other elite pass rushers.

I'm pretty sure he won't be as good as most people have him rated thus far.  And I wouldn't be surprised if he's an outright bust.  He's definitely not the prospect Myles Garrett was or even Bradley Chubb.

6 minutes ago, VanS said:

I watched Chase Young closely against Clemson.  I was highly unimpressed.  He just plays so high and stiff.  He doesn't come close to bending the edge like Myles Garrett or other elite pass rushers.

I'm pretty sure he won't be as good as most people have him rated thus far.  And I wouldn't be surprised if he's an outright bust.  He's definitely not the prospect Myles Garrett was or even Bradley Chubb.

@wwhickok someone is trying to steal your hot take. By the way Van @wwhickok was on this way before you. I hope you can give him credit for establishing this before you, you thief of thoughts. 

• Like 1