Official 2020 DL/EDGE Thread

CalhounLambeau

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I agree, I had him as a underclassman declaring for the 2019 draft as a RS SOPH before his injury made him miss most of the year.  Kid has elite level athletic ability for a big freaking dude.  

• Like 1

Went back and watched some more of Jon Greenard. He definitely grows on you the more you watch, and you have to be careful with his film. He had a nagging ankle injury for most of the year that sapped his explosiveness. In the FSU game, he looks a lot more explosive with his first step before he aggravates the injury. It was still bothering him against UVA, and you can see the explosiveness wasn't there. But even without the explosiveness, his savvy, hand usage, and varied approach to pass rushing allows him to win. I like him in the 3rd round range. I'm not sure how well he'll test, but I think he's a guy who will be a decent-to-good EDGE in the NFL (he has some similarities to Junior Galette in his pass rush approach).

• Like 2

On 1/11/2020 at 5:27 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Don’t tell @VanS about this guy. We’ll be getting “Is Darrell Taylor the next Jesus Christ?” threads.

Nah.  I don't care what these "experts" have to say about players I have watched extensively and evaluated.  Darrell Taylor has elite physical tools but doesn't consistently play up to them.  He reminds me of Brian Orakpo.  He'll be a solid starter in the NFL but short of being a big time star.

Of the Tennessee players coming out this year LB Daniel Bituli, WR Jauan Jennings, and WR Marquez Callaway have the most "star" potential. 

Edited by VanS

On 1/11/2020 at 6:25 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Epenesa was never soft. He always played with violent hands. I should have admittedly read more of this thread rather than just this post, but were you implying that he was a soft player at Iowa?

I was but it was an outlier vs Penn St in 18. I looked longer and he's got no problems playing inside with power. He's not a beast but he's rarely walked back and can stand in at the poa.

On 1/10/2020 at 9:41 PM, Ozzy said:

Could argue he has one of the quickest first steps of any true DE in college football.  Early in his career he won mostly off speed rushes where this year he has shown a little more combo with some power.  

I don't think there's anything special about his first step. It's his hands. When he wins with his hands he embarrasses guys and makes it look like they're not there.

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Good for him, he should be a 1st round pick.  Is an ideal 3/4 DE and could even play DE in a 4/3 as well.  Kid is a beast and has really come on this year.  6-4 295 with that kind of sack total on the edge, impressive.  Heck he could even play 4/3 DT as a more pass rush type inside tackle potentially.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

In a weak edge class at the top, this guy is gonna end up in demand. Especially if he balls out against Clemson.

I agree, he has dominated against Georgia and Oklahoma the past two games they played.  At times was up and down middle of the season but is finishing strong.  I agree this 3/4 OLB class is weak so if he does well in this game he could easily be a 1st round pick no doubt about it, and he is arguably the best one in the class also.   

13 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I agree, he has dominated against Georgia and Oklahoma the past two games they played.  At times was up and down middle of the season but is finishing strong.  I agree this 3/4 OLB class is weak so if he does well in this game he could easily be a 1st round pick no doubt about it, and he is arguably the best one in the class also.   

I dont think he gets out of the top 15 after last night. Could go higher if he tests well.