Official 2020 DL/EDGE Thread

CalhounLambeau

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Makes a lot more sense now that you say you're basing your whole argument on PFF's number grades now though...I respect some things they do but their overall player grades I've never found to be sound.

@Ozzy @Broncofan @Counselor @Danger am I crazy here?

I'm not. Literally just looked up the PFF stuff. I said I watched his snaps a good portion of the day today. I'm only re: PFF because I don't have the time to edit up clips.

Edited by BrownLeader

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I would absolutely love a second opinion on that clip of each sack then because if all of those 80 percent of those are him "lucking into a sack" via coverages/teammates than I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to see an edge rusher do. I agree there's a couple where the QB held it too long/it was a hustle play, but even the FF on Darnold he whipped the LT and Darnold just happened to scramble to the opposite side immediately. I just find it funny that you think edges who get large numbers of sacks aren't playing off teammates/coverage sacks also having large hands in it. I'd also say it's odd that considering his playing time was 50-60 percent of snaps, he still had nearly 40 pressures in his rookie season and just a few behind a guy that gets all the love for DROY in Bosa. That doesn't sound like a guy lucking into things, that sounds like a rookie consistently wreaking havoc that isn't normal for most rookies to do.

I'm not even arguing he's a top pass rusher in the NFL right now, I wouldn't think most rookie pass rushers ever get to that point their first year. But if a redraft happened I'm willing to bet he goes top 5 even with all the guys that surprised people in later rounds.

Makes a lot more sense now that you say you're basing your whole argument on PFF's number grades now though...I respect some things they do but their overall player grades I've never found to be sound.

@Ozzy @Broncofan @Counselor @Danger am I crazy here?

I agree obviously, that is why I brought him up.  Josh Allen can freaking ball and the times I saw him this year he was outstanding and arguably the best pass rusher on their team.  Shows good use of power, willing to take contact and knife inside, plays with good leverage and balance.  Kid can play and will only get better.  No way Chaisson could walk tackles backward like Allen did in these clips, dude can freaking ball.  

If PFF has him graded low then PFF is full of ****.

• Like 2

I haven't been evaluating the top DLs because the Rams don't have a first, but I have to say that Derrick Brown is a special player. I was watching the LSU-Auburn game for Lloyd Cushenberry, and Brown disrupted damn near every player he was one on one with anybody on that OL, including Cushenberry (who is a legit IOL prospect).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I haven't been evaluating the top DLs because the Rams don't have a first, but I have to say that Derrick Brown is a special player. I was watching the LSU-Auburn game for Lloyd Cushenberry, and Brown disrupted damn near every player he was one on one with anybody on that OL, including Cushenberry (who is a legit IOL prospect).

giphy.gif

Just arriving to this conclusion?  Someone does not watch much college football apparently ;o)

22 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Was hopeful for him at 20 but I just don't see it anymore.

After his showing at the combine, you probably have to trade up for him. The way he moves on the field he probably will rip it up at the combine. With the inflation from QBs and OL, he is going to be a steal.

12 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

After his showing at the combine, you probably have to trade up for him. The way he moves on the field he probably will rip it up at the combine. With the inflation from QBs and OL, he is going to be a steal.

Yeah, I expect him to ball out all week for the Senior Bowl and then the combine of course.

I think he'll end up being a strong possibility at 9.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I'm starting to think Kinlaw goes top 10...

Been thinking the same all year watching him play. That guy is so impressive.
I'd still take Brown as the 1st DT but Kinlaw isn't far behind and should be drafted in the top 15 at the latest (probably top 10 after the combine because he will test insanly well).