Official 2020 DL/EDGE Thread

CalhounLambeau

10 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What you saying about Willekes? Looks technically decent, long arms but lack of athleticism and burst. Top 3 rounds?

For sure he goes top 3 rounds. He’s one of my favorite players in CFB but I do wonder about his NFL career. He’s relentless but I think he’s gonna hit a wall against elite NFL talent. 

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

The link does not work and it is blocked.  Will have to watch him for sure but honestly he never stood out to me before, maybe he will take it to another level this season.  Was nice to see Cornell do some things as a senior starter.

Trust me, those who get paid to do this will see, he isn't a "flashy" player thats why, but he does all of the dirty work really well. As a matter of fact, I think he had an 86 PFF rating last year. Don't surprised when his name starts popping up.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

10 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

For sure he goes top 3 rounds. He’s one of my favorite players in CFB but I do wonder about his NFL career. He’s relentless but I think he’s gonna hit a wall against elite NFL talent. 

Trent Williams would eat his lunch, outside of effort and some technique, I really dont see much,plus what little athleticism he had is reduced coming off of ACL injury 

Edited by MSURacerDT55

30 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Trent Williams would eat his lunch, outside of effort and some technique, I really dont see much,plus what little athleticism he had is reduced coming off of ACL injury 

I really like him. He's someone coaches will love but scouts will be sour on due to lack of burst or real NFL size.

I hope he can be effective regardless, but I have doubts. I still think his effort and toughness get him taken in the 3rd, but his long-term prospects are up in the air.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I really like him. He's someone coaches will love but scouts will be sour on due to lack of burst or real NFL size.

I hope he can be effective regardless, but I have doubts. I still think his effort and toughness get him taken in the 3rd, but his long-term prospects are up in the air.

Week one he had 7 tackles, 2 TFLs, 1 sack, 2 Fumble recoveries and 1 TD.

If he can stay healthy he will probably get 10+ sacks and around 20+ or so TFLs.  You still think he falls to the 3rd round after that?  Only way he falls that far is if he gets injured or shows through a full season he is not the same after the injury.  For week one he looks just fine and on that DL he will have more than enough opportunities to produce if he can stay healthy. 

On 06/09/2019 at 1:53 PM, Ozzy said:

Week one he had 7 tackles, 2 TFLs, 1 sack, 2 Fumble recoveries and 1 TD.

If he can stay healthy he will probably get 10+ sacks and around 20+ or so TFLs.  You still think he falls to the 3rd round after that?  Only way he falls that far is if he gets injured or shows through a full season he is not the same after the injury.  For week one he looks just fine and on that DL he will have more than enough opportunities to produce if he can stay healthy. 

Can't help it: he screams Pats, to me. How does he compare to Winovich, who was also described as a very high effort guy that lacks NFL size and burst? 

On 9/8/2019 at 12:27 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

Can't help it: he screams Pats, to me. How does he compare to Winovich, who was also described as a very high effort guy that lacks NFL size and burst? 

Much better. He’s much better in every category honestly. Especially at being stout against the run. They aren’t really similar other than being white DEs that play hard. 

9 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Much better. He’s much better in every category honestly. Especially at being stout against the run. They aren’t really similar other than being white DEs that play hard. 

You got a comp for Willekes at all? I'm struggling with this one. Kerney? (I know also white, but...)

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You got a comp for Willekes at all? I'm struggling with this one. Kerney? (I know also white, but...)

Brian Robison. A relentless edge rusher who can set an edge despite not having a lot of anus behind him. Robison was a little more explosive and had a freaky vertical jump (which almost always translates in edge rushers) but I think they profile similarly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Brian Robison. A relentless edge rusher who can set an edge despite not having a lot of anus behind him. Robison was a little more explosive and had a freaky vertical jump (which almost always translates in edge rushers) but I think they profile similarly. 

Two different classes of athletes IMO.

8 hours ago, lark25 said:

Willekes is playing pretty well considering he’s probably not at full speed from the ACL. Not a freak but probably an avg athlete by NFL stds. What’s a good comp? Maybe a guy like Sam Hubbard - good but not elite player next level

I hate to do it, but I still think Hubbard is a better athlete than Willikes, My comp is Bjoern Werner

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Correct. I just think in terms of relentless pass rushing they're similar. But Robison was a stud athlete where Willekes is simply not. I don't think he's downright pathetic as an athlete though. I'd be shocked if he timed above a 4.8.

This play at 2:12. Inject that into my veins.

• Like 2