Official 2020 OT/IOL Thread

CalhounLambeau

The jury is still out on this group. How great are the underclassmen, really?

Some of the best senior OT's: Lucas Niang, TCU, Calvin Throckmorton, Oregon, Trey Adams, Washington, Jack Driscoll, Auburn, Charlie Heck, North Carolina, Prince Tega-Wanogho, Auburn, Drew Richmond, USC, Nathan Gilliam, Wake Forest, Colton McKivitz, West Virginia, 

Some of the best junior OT's: Andrew Thomas, Georgia, Walker Little, Stanford, Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame, Alaric Jackson and Tristan Wirfs, Iowa, Ezra Cleveland, Boise State,  Cole Van Lanen, Wisconsin,  Saahdiq Charles, LSU,  Greg Eiland, Mississippi State,  Thayer Munford, Ohio State,  Stone Forsythe, Florida. 

Some of the best sophomore OT's:  Samuel Cosmi, Texas,  Abraham Lucas, Washington State,  Isaiah Wilson, Georgia. 

-----------------------------------------------

Some of the best senior IOL:  Shane Lemieux, Oregon,  Ben Bredeson, Michigan,  Tre'Vour Wallace-Simms, Missouri,  Jon Runyan, Michigan, John Simpson, Clemson,  Darryl Williams, Mississippi State,  Jake Hanson, Oregon,  Nick Harris, Washington,  Cohl Cabral, Arizona State. 

Some of the best junior IOL: Trey Smith, Tennessee,  Alex Leatherwood, Alabama,  Solomon Kindley, Georgia,  Ben Petrula, Boston College,  Kevin Jarvis, Michigan State,  Tommy Kraemer, Notre Dame,  Marquis Hayes, Oklahoma,  Navaughn Donaldson, Miami,  Jedrick Wills Jr., Alabama.  Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin,  Trystan Colon-Castillo, Missouri,  Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QbJONz-aRK6WCaSUH4sGS1wAjN_lkg1j7Mrtp1lGJxw/edit?usp=sharing

Want to watch all the available cuts, get up-to-date measurements, DOB's for the 2020 OL, find it here. 

Edited by CalhounLambeau

Not a strong class at all to me right now before diving in to anyone.

I guess at OT I like Eichenberg as a LT, and Thomas at RT but after that...

I do think Trey Smith could stay outside and his versatility will boost his stock. And I like Michigan St's Cole Chewins as a sleeper.

Inside I like Kraemer and for a sleeper rn, Kansas St's Tyler Mitchell.

13 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Not a strong class at all to me right now before diving in to anyone.

I guess at OT I like Eichenberg as a LT, and Thomas at RT but after that...

I do think Trey Smith could stay outside and his versatility will boost his stock. And I like Michigan St's Cole Chewins as a sleeper.

Inside I like Kraemer and for a sleeper rn, Kansas St's Tyler Mitchell.

Trey Smith would be lucky to play football again, on a bad path health wise and had blood clots spotted in the lungs twice this past year.  Once in spring then again 3/4 of the way into the season, sounds extremely serious in my book and does not just go away.  Hopefully it is not as bad as it sounds but sounds really bad and might be career ended.  I personally took him off the board as of right now, hopefully that changes.

I would agree with you on this class not being super strong right now, a lot of talented guys with upside but they still have to prove themselves.  Notre Dame has many OL of interest, Hainsey has some ability at OT I feel along with Eichenberg no doubt.  Jedrick Willis I think could be a star on Alabama as a RT, kid is a mountain and can move well for his size.  Leatherwood should be a beast at OT or OG and Deonte Brown on Alabama has a lot of ability as well inside if he can control the off the field stuff.  He is suspended four games this up coming year.     

Trey Adams is the most proven easily of the entire group at OT but he also has to prove he can stay healthy for the entire season.  And Alaric Jackson is arguably more proven than Wirfs is but people love Wirfs workout numbers and hard not to, but I feel his play has to take it to another level.  On pure upside based on athletic weight room performance hard to not like him though.

Andrew Thomas I like on Georgia but not ready to call him a top 5 pick either, same with Walker Little who arguably had a sub par season last year on Stanford I thought after coming into the year with so much hype.  Miss State has some talent on the OL with Reese, Eiland and Williams at guard and Mekhi Becton on Louisville could have a breakout season, mountain of a man who moves well also.  

Tyler Biadasz to me is the most proven and solid OL in the up coming draft, I have him as being the 1st OL off the board no doubt.  Will be interesting how he plays this year without so much talent around him, and Jon Dietzen to that group they will miss a lot, he was a tough kid and could play OT or OG, his experience will hurt them, will see who can step up from that group.  Also will be interesting to see if Creed Humphrey comes out early or not, the center on Oklahoma has a ton of ability and might be a sleeper 1st rounder also.  

I agree Cole Chewins is an interesting player, leans a little too much but has the physical size and athletic ability to be an interesting prospect.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...