Official 2020 OT/IOL Thread

CalhounLambeau

55 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think so. I think there are like 4-5 studs in the class.

Biadasz C
Hanson C
Lemieux OG
Kraemer OG
Throckmorton OG (convert)

And then a handful of other solid prospects scattered throughout.

not sure how you grade prospects but i will go into mine for the IOL

1st round grade are those that can start right away.  technically sound and great physically.  I only have Biadasz there now.

2nd round grade.  Technically sound but perhaps lacking in some physical aspect.  Ruiz and Harris fit this for me.

3rd round,  Physical specimens that need technique or technically sound but need to add weight and muscle.  These are called plodders, waist-benders, laterally challenged ( hopefully not all at once).  Hunt, Cushenberry, Hennessy, Muti, Lemieux and Hanson are here

Realize that some players fit some teams better because how they play. Lemieux would be a good fit the the Ravens style but not the Steelers.  So the Ravens would value him higher.

24 minutes ago, jebrick said:

not sure how you grade prospects but i will go into mine for the IOL

1st round grade are those that can start right away.  technically sound and great physically.  I only have Biadasz there now.

2nd round grade.  Technically sound but perhaps lacking in some physical aspect.  Ruiz and Harris fit this for me.

3rd round,  Physical specimens that need technique or technically sound but need to add weight and muscle.  These are called plodders, waist-benders, laterally challenged ( hopefully not all at once).  Hunt, Cushenberry, Hennessy, Muti, Lemieux and Hanson are here

Realize that some players fit some teams better because how they play. Lemieux would be a good fit the the Ravens style but not the Steelers.  So the Ravens would value him higher.

OL expert Duke Manyweather has called both Kevin Dotson, and Ben Bredeson day 1 starters in the NFL, and at the very least day 2 picks, as well as Lemieux.  That doesn't even account for Harris who's the best C in the class, Biadasz, and some of the potential guys like Muti, Keyes, etc.  This IMO is a very solid OL class.

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

It was the conversation going on when you jumped in with your opinion on him

I realize that but I was just referring to the other posters breakdown of him not being athletic enough and how that won’t transfer to the NFL and because of that he should be a 2nd or third round pick.

It wasn’t even an opinion of him, just a comparison to another C who has had a pretty good career so far.

Edited by badgers0821
  • Like 1