Official 2020 OT/IOL Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 1/14/2020 at 4:22 PM, jrry32 said:

I like Biadasz over Harris. Love Harris' movement skills, but he's scheme limited and really lacking in length and size. Could be Jason Kelce in the right scheme, though.

I think he gets a little overlooked like Eric McCoy did last year, and they're pretty similar players.  Both are strong/stout and have those crazy movement skills.  That's going to separate them IMO.  It's very similar to the situation that happened last year where at the combine, McCoy and Bradford separated themselves from Elgton Jenkins. But they grade out very simliar to me, with different skillsets.  Nothing wrong with Biadasz but I think Harris' movement skills are a standout trait that Biadasz doesn't have. 

This OG class is really interesting.  I think it's really solid, but just has a lot of day 2 guys who are day 1 starters in the NFL. There's not really anyone that separates themselves from the rest of the crowd.  In no order Throck, Lemieux, Dotson, Bredeson, Robert Hunt, and then there's some guys who I think could be really quick risers, like John Runyon Jr., Ben Bartsch, Cam Clark (though I see him as a OT), among a few others that I think are very solid.  There's probably 5-6 guys who are day 1 starters at OG alone, and 2 at C.  While not a "wow you" type of class, it's actually a solid one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

I think he gets a little overlooked like Eric McCoy did last year, and they're pretty similar players.  Both are strong/stout and have those crazy movement skills.  That's going to separate them IMO.  It's very similar to the situation that happened last year where at the combine, McCoy and Bradford separated themselves from Elgton Jenkins. But they grade out very simliar to me, with different skillsets.  Nothing wrong with Biadasz but I think Harris' movement skills are a standout trait that Biadasz doesn't have. 

This OG class is really interesting.  I think it's really solid, but just has a lot of day 2 guys who are day 1 starters in the NFL. There's not really anyone that separates themselves from the rest of the crowd.  In no order Throck, Lemieux, Dotson, Bredeson, Robert Hunt, and then there's some guys who I think could be really quick risers, like John Runyon Jr., Ben Bartsch, Cam Clark (though I see him as a OT), among a few others that I think are very solid.  There's probably 5-6 guys who are day 1 starters at OG alone, and 2 at C.  While not a "wow you" type of class, it's actually a solid one. 

Is it just me or does this seem like it could be the 2017 TE Draft of Centers (basically, one of the best classes ever in terms of depth and talent)? Thus far, here are the guys I've watched (in order):

1. Tyler Biadasz - I think he'll be a Pro Bowl Center

2. Nick Harris - Could be a quality Center in the right scheme.

3. Darryl Williams - Very solid player with C/OG versatility

4. Jake Hanson - Solid but unspectacular C.

These guys I plan to watch soon are Cesar Ruiz, Matt Hennessy, Lloyd Cushenberry, Keith Ismael, and Cohl Cabral. What blows me away, though, is that the four Centers I've already watched would make a good top 4 in most Center classes. Yet, it's very possible (based on what I've seen around the web and on here) that multiple guys I've yet to watch could end up being better than all four or at least two or three of the four. That's an insanely deep and talented Center class (if it's true).

5 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

Solomon Kindley provides some much needed depth to the OG class mid round.  Honestly Lloyd Cushenberry who has declared, I was never a huge fan of his but I think possibly he could be a better OG than C honestly.  Good thick base and is a tough run blocker, could succeed a lot more as a OG in the NFL and is a nice mid round value.  

If Deonte Brown and Tommy Kraemer return to school overall the OG class I feel is pretty thin no question about it.  Just the fact that Biadasz is consider a OG by some shows how weak the OG class is, because if you want one 1st round no one outside of Biadasz would be worth it as a 1st round pick OG or C.  Maybe Jonah Jackson but those are about it.  Middle rounds maybe some good value is there but no high end elite level talent it seems.  

Next years class of OG talent is way better potentially no doubt about it.  

45 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

I think Kindley will be very good.  I could see him going late 1.  Dude can move.

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Solomon Kindley provides some much needed depth to the OG class mid round.  Honestly Lloyd Cushenberry who has declared, I was never a huge fan of his but I think possibly he could be a better OG than C honestly.  Good thick base and is a tough run blocker, could succeed a lot more as a OG in the NFL and is a nice mid round value.  

If Deonte Brown and Tommy Kraemer return to school overall the OG class I feel is pretty thin no question about it.  Just the fact that Biadasz is consider a OG by some shows how weak the OG class is, because if you want one 1st round no one outside of Biadasz would be worth it as a 1st round pick OG or C.  Maybe Jonah Jackson but those are about it.  Middle rounds maybe some good value is there but no high end elite level talent it seems.  

Next years class of OG talent is way better potentially no doubt about it.  

Yeah, Trey Smith not declaring was a big top end hit to this OG class.  He's freakishly good.  Him and Wyatt Davis will make a hell of a 1-2 OG combination that should both go top 20. 

But that's not what I'm saying.  I really don't think it's thin, just very not top heavy.  I forgot to mention guys like Jonah Jackson, Marcus Keyes, or Kindley/Cushenberry (who I have watched little of).  There really isn't a first round guy at OG, but there's plenty of day 1 starters that you can get day 2.  I don't have an issue with this class because of that, there's going to be a good ammount of long time, solid NFL starters out of this class. 

Cameron Clark is my favorite player in this draft.  Absolutely bar none.  Guy is just so fun to watch.  He's a legit OT in this league.  Measured in at 6'4.5" (so I'll give him 6'5" and 305.  Great size for an NFL OT with 34" arms.  But he absolutely abused Clemsons DE's, that might be the best tape of any OL in this years draft.  He's going to have some really impressive movement skills at the combine too.  

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 8:37 PM, jrry32 said:

Is it just me or does this seem like it could be the 2017 TE Draft of Centers (basically, one of the best classes ever in terms of depth and talent)? Thus far, here are the guys I've watched (in order):

1. Tyler Biadasz - I think he'll be a Pro Bowl Center

2. Nick Harris - Could be a quality Center in the right scheme.

3. Darryl Williams - Very solid player with C/OG versatility

4. Jake Hanson - Solid but unspectacular C.

These guys I plan to watch soon are Cesar Ruiz, Matt Hennessy, Lloyd Cushenberry, Keith Ismael, and Cohl Cabral. What blows me away, though, is that the four Centers I've already watched would make a good top 4 in most Center classes. Yet, it's very possible (based on what I've seen around the web and on here) that multiple guys I've yet to watch could end up being better than all four or at least two or three of the four. That's an insanely deep and talented Center class (if it's true).

Cesar Ruiz is the best OC in this class. Watch him, he has those movement skills you love and he's just strong, mean guy in the middle. My top five goes:

1. Cesar Ruiz - Rare blend of size and mobility. Is technically sound, and now that he isn't "wasting" steps on the snap he fires off the ball very well.

2. Tyler Biadasz - This guy just isn't the same athlete as Ruiz, but he is gonna be very good center for a long time. He's just not as scheme versatile as Ruiz is imo. 

3. Nick Harris - Scheme specific, but in the right scheme will be special. 

4. Lloyd Cushenberry - Super raw (when was the last Center prospect with so few starts) another big guy who has plus athleticism. If he gets with the right coach he could be the best in the class or the past few classes. The biggest issue I have with him, is that he is too new to the sport and he wasn't the leader of the LSU line. Will have to start at OG to gain more experience, but he will be your teams starting center by the end of his rookie contract. 

5. Matt Hennessy - Solid in every area, just needs to add more functional strength, will be a starter by the end of his second year. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Cesar Ruiz is the best OC in this class. Watch him, he has those movement skills you love and he's just strong, mean guy in the middle. My top five goes:

1. Cesar Ruiz - Rare blend of size and mobility. Is technically sound, and now that he isn't "wasting" steps on the snap he fires off the ball very well.

2. Tyler Biadasz - This guy just isn't the same athlete as Ruiz, but he is gonna be very good center for a long time. He's just not as scheme versatile as Ruiz is imo. 

3. Nick Harris - Scheme specific, but in the right scheme will be special. 

4. Lloyd Cushenberry - Super raw (when was the last Center prospect with so few starts) another big guy who has plus athleticism. If he gets with the right coach he could be the best in the class or the past few classes. The biggest issue I have with him, is that he is too new to the sport and he wasn't the leader of the LSU line. Will have to start at OG to gain more experience, but he will be your teams starting center by the end of his rookie contract. 

5. Matt Hennessy - Solid in every area, just needs to add more functional strength, will be a starter by the end of his second year. 

You really like Ruiz that much?  You consider him a 1st rounder?  I never saw him and thought wow he is a 1st rounder or something.  Ok center, not sure he is anything great and no way I would take him over Biadasz.  Depending on the system the movement skills are not always the best thing, look at Bradbury this year, super athletic center in the draft, had a great combine but at times really struggled this year with power.  Did not matter how athletic he was when you are getting pushed around physically.  

Cushenberry I think has some good OG potential but at C he looked pretty bad at that title game in pass pro a few times.  But as a OG he could be something maybe as a mid round pick.

I need to watch Keith Ismael more, hard to get a handle on him because the competition level is pretty weak.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Duffman57 said:

Cameron Clark is my favorite player in this draft.  Absolutely bar none.  Guy is just so fun to watch.  He's a legit OT in this league.  Measured in at 6'4.5" (so I'll give him 6'5" and 305.  Great size for an NFL OT with 34" arms.  But he absolutely abused Clemsons DE's, that might be the best tape of any OL in this years draft.  He's going to have some really impressive movement skills at the combine too.  

I watched that little clip up, sure on paper sounds impressive but reality that Clemson DL was not very good this year.  Most of their pressure on the QB this year was blitzing LBs and the coverage behind them and the variety of stuff they do and how they try to confuse the OL. Clearly lost all four starters off last years team 3 went in the 1st round.  If he would have looked like this against Ferrell then maybe you got something, but he did this against #7 and #34 most of the time on Clemson.  I honestly have no clue who either one is and had to look up their names, they are young players on a young D that got pushed around at times.  He did not go up against the best DL on the team Thomas all game I believe, and even he did not have that great of year this season either.  

It was cool watching him push a few dudes down and get them to the ground, good physical play but need to see it against some real competition however.  So what made you watch this guy and or this tape?