Jump to content
CalhounLambeau

Official 2020 OT/IOL Thread

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

I can definitely see why this would be a knock on Ruiz, but I have long felt Michigan has had a lackluster O-Line coaching staff as they always seem to always vastly under perform in that department. 

I see the bends easier, but the technician part is a toss up at this point in there careers. I think Ruiz has excellent hand usage, and is much improved in getting into his set than he was his Junior year. At best, I would call the technique a wash. 

Hennessy is on Biadasz' level in terms of technique imo. What separates the two for me is Biadasz' size and strength.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Hennessy is on Biadasz' level in terms of technique imo. What separates the two for me is Biadasz' size and strength.

That my knock on Hennessy as well, but there also doesn’t appear to be that “finisher” aspect to his game either. Atleast from what I watched. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prince Tega Wanogho is going to go shooting up draft boards, the guy is a sick athlete and is very smooth and natural out there for a 6-7 dude.  Tons of upside and could easily be a 2nd or 3rd rounder potentially if he has a good combine.  I was not super high on him most the year but watching him more, he is without question one of the most athletic tackles in the up coming draft and at this point is pretty underrated.

xitgbexqeiagyodk65ou

Edited by Ozzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 1:24 PM, .Buzz said:

It seems like Becton is going to continue to raise on boards. Brugler and Jeremiah seem to think he'll go top 10.

I know there's been some discussions but where do you guys see him fitting in with the Thomas/Wirf/Wills tier? 

Andrew Thomas is a blue-chip LT prospect.

That said, Mekhi could very easily be a top-10 pick, and I like him better than both Wirfs and Wills. To me, he's a more-athletic Trent Brown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DirtyDez said:

Jeremiah has Wirfs as a guard. 

This is why you can't trust men with two first names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

This is why you can't trust men with two first names.

His first mock is always funky 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 11:33 PM, DirtyDez said:

His first mock is always funky 

I agree, this most recent one has Becton picked over Wirfs and Andrew Thomas make zero sense.  Patrick Queen being a high 1st round pick when really he has had only one great year of production?  Is a 2nd rounder maybe but 1st rounder is a big stretch.  Ross Blacklock as a 1st rounder?  He is good but not sure he is that good I feel.  Kenneth Murray makes no sense for Baltimore, he is not a 3/4 ILB or OLB and Zach Baun a 1st round pick?  I do not get that at all, great season for him but he is a 3/4 OLB who is a mid round pick, lucky for him the 3/4 OLB group is a poor one but still 1st rounder?   Saw some talk of him being a ILB but I am not sure I buy that, he is a speed rusher on the edge not a aggressive physical dude in the middle.

 

Wirfs at guard would be flat insane, he could do it easily with how thick and agile he is, so powerful and strong in the upper and lower body.  He would be a Pro bowler no question and potential All pro guard but why when OT is usually the harder position to find talent.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I agree, this most recent one has Becton picked over Wirfs and Andrew Thomas make zero sense.  Patrick Queen being a high 1st round pick when really he has had only one great year of production?  Is a 2nd rounder maybe but 1st rounder is a big stretch.  Ross Blacklock as a 1st rounder?  He is good but not sure he is that good I feel.  Kenneth Murray makes no sense for Baltimore, he is not a 3/4 ILB or OLB and Zach Baun a 1st round pick?  I do not get that at all, great season for him but he is a 3/4 OLB who is a mid round pick, lucky for him the 3/4 OLB group is a poor one but still 1st rounder?   Saw some talk of him being a ILB but I am not sure I buy that, he is a speed rusher on the edge not a aggressive physical dude in the middle.

 

Wirfs at guard would be flat insane, he could do it easily with how thick and agile he is, so powerful and strong in the upper and lower body.  He would be a Pro bowler no question and potential All pro guard but why when OT is usually the harder position to find talent.  

 

What I’ve been hearing about Baun is he can be a Swiss Army knife type hybrid LB that a lot of teams covet these days, most teams do not see his as strictly a 3/4 OLB. They can line him up all over the place, plus he was a former QB (like Schobert, Connelly, and TJ Edwards) which helps with the mentaL side of the position. 

Wisconsin LBs have been doing very well as of late in the NFL and Baun seems to be the next potential one, even though he is a bit undersized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I agree, this most recent one has Becton picked over Wirfs and Andrew Thomas make zero sense.  Patrick Queen being a high 1st round pick when really he has had only one great year of production?  Is a 2nd rounder maybe but 1st rounder is a big stretch.  Ross Blacklock as a 1st rounder?  He is good but not sure he is that good I feel.  Kenneth Murray makes no sense for Baltimore, he is not a 3/4 ILB or OLB and Zach Baun a 1st round pick?  I do not get that at all, great season for him but he is a 3/4 OLB who is a mid round pick, lucky for him the 3/4 OLB group is a poor one but still 1st rounder?   Saw some talk of him being a ILB but I am not sure I buy that, he is a speed rusher on the edge not a aggressive physical dude in the middle.

 

Wirfs at guard would be flat insane, he could do it easily with how thick and agile he is, so powerful and strong in the upper and lower body.  He would be a Pro bowler no question and potential All pro guard but why when OT is usually the harder position to find talent.  

 

Baun is definitely a 3-4 ILB in my mind. If you go back to 2018, there's more than enough snaps of him playing like a true off-the-ball LB to see his potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

What I’ve been hearing about Baun is he can be a Swiss Army knife type hybrid LB that a lot of teams covet these days, most teams do not see his as strictly a 3/4 OLB. They can line him up all over the place, plus he was a former QB (like Schobert, Connelly, and TJ Edwards) which helps with the mentaL side of the position. 

Wisconsin LBs have been doing very well as of late in the NFL and Baun seems to be the next potential one, even though he is a bit undersized.

Will see how he times out, and his versatility does help I suppose but again I am not sure I see him as a tough 3/4 ILB, I would argue Markus Bailey is more versatile and is far more physical at the point of contact and can rush the edge if asked and is a better open field tackler.  But he was injured this year so could not show it as much.  And his teammate Chris Orr I like a lot as a 3/4 ILB with his pass rush skills and is more physical and strong than Baun.  Baun might be more versatile in coverage but even a guy like Josh Uche I would take over Baun, Uche is surprisingly decent in coverage and is way stronger at the point of contact.  Uche can walk tackles backwards, Baun cannot do that as much and is more a speed guy.

 I was surprised TJ Edwards last year was not drafted and not surprised he has done well when given a chance, and I am not surprised at all Connelly has been good when he has gotten an opportunity.  But not sure that means Baun should be overvalued just because of those guys being undervalued.

 

If anyone is a sleeper 1st round pick as a 3/4 OLB with versatility it is Josh Uche I think.

PracticalHorribleBear.webp

 

ImpracticalPeacefulGuanaco.webp

SafeHiddenAmericanwirehair.webp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Jones OT from Houston really intrigues me. I think that he's a climber. I really liked him as a 2nd round OT, but after this week's Senior Bowl, he may climb into the 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

That said, Mekhi could very easily be a top-10 pick, and I like him better than both Wirfs and Wills. To me, he's a more-athletic Trent Brown.

Thats what I keep coming away with. I think he is the #2 OT. Some people see his weight and ding him, but the man moves on tape. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Thats what I keep coming away with. I think he is the #2 OT. Some people see his weight and ding him, but the man moves on tape. 

 

Very true but the man also seems quite thin in the lower and upper extremities, gets out of position a lot at times, over blocks down field and creates poor blocking angles sometimes, does not have a thick lower base and does have a little bit of a injury history.  Fine prospect but no way I take him over Wirfs or Thomas.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×