Official 2020 OT/IOL Thread

CalhounLambeau

50 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Biadasz has gotten overrated. He's a typical 2nd-3rd round IOL, ideal for certain schemes more than others. 

How is he overrated though? He dominates at the point of attack. He hasn't been asked to reach block ala a ZBS, but he's a good enough athlete to project that he could.

21 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

How is he overrated though? He dominates at the point of attack. He hasn't been asked to reach block ala a ZBS, but he's a good enough athlete to project that he could.

I agree, over a three year span no center in the up coming draft had a better career over that three year period.  Biadasz has been elite for awhile, started 41 straight games from his RS FR year onward.  In 2018-2019 he was the most talented OL on the team with a lot of NFL lineman in that lineup.  This year I think did not look as good for him because he played by two guards that were below par players.

Granted he did look more athletic earlier in his career and pulled and moved more but maybe some of it was coming back off that injury and some of it was a change in scheme based on the OL abilities overall.

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't really get it either. He's not a freak athlete, but he's a consistent technician who has NFL strength.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jebrick said:

Too many mistakes but it will depend on the team.  Harris will be #1 for pure zone blocking schemes.  Cushenberry and Ruiz are 1a and 1b in my eyes for a more power blocking team but both could start their careers at OG while they learn.  I think both are a bit raw.

Nick Harris isn't #1 for pure zone schemes. Hennessy is a better player. As a fan of a zone team, Harris is #5 or #6 on my list.

On 2/17/2020 at 10:18 PM, jrry32 said:

I don't really get it either. He's not a freak athlete, but he's a consistent technician who has NFL strength.

If you aren’t a freak athlete these days draft experts and those that read everything they write will underrate them all day long.

We are truly in an era of paralysis by analysis, which is why so many more 2nd and 3rd round prospects are having greater success in the NFL. 

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 7:49 AM, MWil23 said:

Josh Jones OT from Houston really intrigues me. I think that he's a climber. I really liked him as a 2nd round OT, but after this week's Senior Bowl, he may climb into the 1st.

he should be a late first round pick at the least. he is/will be very good. I cant wait to see how he does at the combine.

Edited by Texansfan713