Official 2020 OT/IOL Thread

CalhounLambeau

47 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Will Biadasz fall to the 3rd, like he does on TDN mocks? I'd think Dallas (And probably a few other teams) would be happy to have him in the 2nd. He should go after Ruiz, but I'd take Tyler over Cush and Hennessy.

No, this is all media hype or I guess media play down. He has been out of sight/out of mind for the past 3 months. Even in his “down” year last year he was still better than everyone else. I know I’m bias but I can’t picture him lasting to the third round and wouldn’t be surprised if he still goes in the first.
He is the perfect example of media and people in general, overthinking things. There is nothing in his game/tape to suggest he couldn’t be a day 1 starter. Watch the Michigan/Wisconsin game, he had a great game while Ruiz struggled mightily. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, badgers0821 said:

No, this is all media hype or I guess media play down. He has been out of sight/out of mind for the past 3 months. Even in his “down” year last year he was still better than everyone else. I know I’m bias but I can’t picture him lasting to the third round and wouldn’t be surprised if he still goes in the first.
He is the perfect example of media and people in general, overthinking things. There is nothing in his game/tape to suggest he couldn’t be a day 1 starter. Watch the Michigan/Wisconsin game, he had a great game while Ruiz struggled mightily. 

It's looking more and more likely he'll be there in the 3rd.

1 minute ago, badgers0821 said:

Case in point.

At a certain point, when the credible people are all saying the same thing, you begin to accept it. The draft always has an element of unpredictability. It only takes one team, but there are a handful of analysts I trust to not be blowing smoke out of their arses. They all are saying that Biadasz is likely to go in the 3rd round. It doesn't change my evaluation of his game, but it does inform my perspective on where he's likely to go.

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

At a certain point, when the credible people are all saying the same thing, you begin to accept it. The draft always has an element of unpredictability. It only takes one team, but there are a handful of analysts I trust to not be blowing smoke out of their arses. They all are saying that Biadasz is likely to go in the 3rd round. It doesn't change my evaluation of his game, but it does inform my perspective on where he's likely to go.

I am not a real believer in “analysts” or people from the media as they for the most part all work off each other’s information. They also tend to believe every bit of information thrown at them, whether credible or not. With that being said there is probably some validity to it.

What are they all saying as the reasons for the drop from the 1st to the 3rd? 

8 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

I am not a real believer in “analysts” or people from the media as they for the most part all work off each other’s information. They also tend to believe every bit of information thrown at them, whether credible or not. With that being said there is probably some validity to it.

What are they all saying as the reasons for the drop from the 1st to the 3rd? 

Medical concerns + regression in 2019 (linked to the hip) + him not being a stellar athlete. All are true. Personally, I can overlook those things because of his consistent execution, size, and strength. But yeah, I can understand the concerns about his medical. It seemed like his hip was bothering him in 2019 and was causing him to do more bending at the waist.

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Medical concerns + regression in 2019 (linked to the hip) + him not being a stellar athlete. All are true. Personally, I can overlook those things because of his consistent execution, size, and strength. But yeah, I can understand the concerns about his medical. It seemed like his hip was bothering him in 2019 and was causing him to do more bending at the waist.

Sounds like they didn’t notice that UW was breaking in two new OGs. I agree he’s not a stellar athlete but honestly, you don’t really need to be to be an effective C/OG as long as you can pull and get to the second level, which he can. His injury could be a concern but he still had the best stats/graded out as the beat IOL last year.

It’s tough to rely solely on analysts as they aren’t on the inside and plenty of teams have come out saying they feed media false information all the time. 

I guess it ultimately doesn’t really matter where/when he gets drafted, Wisconsin OL typically outperform their draft position.
I just find it funny that at the end of the year he was the clear #1 IOL in the draft, then he didn’t play in an NFL tryout game or participate in the combine and all of a sudden he is the 4-5th best IOL. 

1 minute ago, badgers0821 said:

Sounds like they didn’t notice that UW was breaking in two new OGs. I agree he’s not a stellar athlete but honestly, you don’t really need to be to be an effective C/OG as long as you can pull and get to the second level, which he can. His injury could be a concern but he still had the best stats/graded out as the beat IOL last year.

It’s tough to rely solely on analysts as they aren’t on the inside and plenty of teams have come out saying they feed media false information all the time. 

I guess it ultimately doesn’t really matter where/when he gets drafted, Wisconsin OL typically outperform their draft position.
I just find it funny that at the end of the year he was the clear #1 IOL in the draft, then he didn’t play in an NFL tryout game or participate in the combine and all of a sudden he is the 4-5th best IOL. 

Regardless of that, he did take a step back. It wasn't just the guys next to him.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Regardless of that, he did take a step back. It wasn't just the guys next to him.

What makes you say that? I hear people say that but no one can give concrete evidence to it. Of course I watched every game and apparently didn’t see what you saw.

5 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

What makes you say that? I hear people say that but no one can give concrete evidence to it. Of course I watched every game and apparently didn’t see what you saw.

He was waist bending more, which led to some balance issues and lunging. He wasn't bad by any means, but he wasn't as sound as he was in past years.

35 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He was waist bending more, which led to some balance issues and lunging. He wasn't bad by any means, but he wasn't as sound as he was in past years.

Well let’s hope his hip injury is all healed up and that gets corrected.

• Like 1

Tremayne Anchrum had some issues playing tackle at 6'2 at Clemson, but I don't understand why people don't project him as someone who could become a quality guard at the next level. Played at the highest level in the college game and has great feet, it's weird nobody talks about him at all considering some tackle prospects who have seen their fair of struggles are automatically assumed to be great inside at the next level. 

17 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Tremayne Anchrum had some issues playing tackle at 6'2 at Clemson, but I don't understand why people don't project him as someone who could become a quality guard at the next level. Played at the highest level in the college game and has great feet, it's weird nobody talks about him at all considering some tackle prospects who have seen their fair of struggles are automatically assumed to be great inside at the next level.

Short arms and lacks positional flexibility.  That's not really a good recipe for success.  Does he have any snapping experience?

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Short arms and lacks positional flexibility.  That's not really a good recipe for success.  Does he have any snapping experience?

He has 33.75 inch arms and started the same number of games at guard as Joe Thuney did for NC State before he was moved inside.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...