Official 2020 OT/IOL Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 3/9/2020 at 5:19 PM, Counselor said:

People really have Becton as their #1 tackle?

I mean, there's an argument for it.  You're not going to find guys who are that big that move that well.  If you believe in your coaching staff, you could easily get a elite LT.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 4:22 AM, goldfishwars said:

Just a reminder that all of these teams (depending on what happens in FA) could and should be looking for tackles early in the upcoming draft. If you think these guys won't be flying off the board early, you haven't been paying close attention. 

Arizona
Carolina
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Denver
Green Bay
LA Chargers
LA Rams
Miami
Minnesota
New England
NY Giants
NY Jets
Pittsburgh
Seattle
Tampa Bay
Tennessee
Washington

I'm expecting Chicago to be very active in the OL draft market, tbh..

Both our OTs  sucked hard last year, and probably could have both been replaced now if they weren't going to cost us a ton of dead money... After this season, however, they're probably both gone.

Meanwhile, we still have nobody playing RG,  and have made no moves there in FA... I expect a draft pick

Then between LG/C we have two guys.... neither of whom is ideal at C, and one of whom should probably be on thin ice after a very disapointing year..

Granted Trubisky has been very underwhelming himself, but our complete inability to run the ball because our RBs where constantly getting first contact in the backfield sure as hell wasn't helping him out by forcing the entire offense onto his back.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see one or both of our first 2 picks used on OL.

19 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Andrew Thomas really falling? I saw some mocks have him mid to late 1st.... wtf?

This is another super bad case of hype fatigue.  He's just been so good for so long that nobody cares about him anymore. They're too obesessed with the "new thing" of a freak athlete or massive human.  Thomas doesn't have any crazy qualities, but he's a ready made, top 10 LT in the game. He's been an elite college OT since his freshman year.  Wirfs is the only one with close to that kind of history.  If he falls teams are making a big mistake.  He's my OT2 only behind Wirfs.

• Like 1

I like Wills the best of the OT's. Everything I watch in read is just so damn impressive. I hope my Giants snag him. But if they dont but still come up with any of the big 4- I'll be happy. 

I was hoping Giants could snag the center Matt Hennessy in late 3rd rd but that seems like a pipe dream. 

5 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Someone sell me on Austin Jackson. Like, what is it he's supposed to be good at? I'm really struggling with this guy. 

He's really good at being..young....and athletic?

Sorry that's all I got. I don't get the love either. It's just going to take a while to bring him up to the level of playing LT in the NFL. But he does have nice tools. Does nice tools and age make you a first round pick at tackle nowadays? Sometimes...

9 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

He's really good at being..young....and athletic?

Sorry that's all I got. I don't get the love either. It's just going to take a while to bring him up to the level of playing LT in the NFL. But he does have nice tools. Does nice tools and age make you a first round pick at tackle nowadays? Sometimes...

I keep hearing that he's athletic, but then I can't really see where that matters on film. 

Will Biadasz fall to the 3rd, like he does on TDN mocks? I'd think Dallas (And probably a few other teams) would be happy to have him in the 2nd. He should go after Ruiz, but I'd take Tyler over Cush and Hennessy.

Edited by Jeezla