Official 2020 OT/IOL Thread

CalhounLambeau

Who are the Top-OTs?

I feel like I've seen 4 answers to that question which seems kind of crazy. I barely saw any college ball outside of Auburn and haven't followed offseason draft stuff but OT is a big possibility for the Jaguars. What are these OTs strengths/weaknesses? Fatherhood has really hindered my draft prep haha

This is from Bob McGinn on Austin Jackson. I didn't know this:

In July, he became a bone marrow donor for his sister Autumn. “He basically saved her life,” another scout said. “They corkscrewed into his hip, twice on the left and once on the right, to get the marrow out. When he recovered his hip flexibility was not what it used to be. He lost like 25 pounds. If you look at the early tape you go, ‘What the hell? This guy is thinking about coming out?’ He was getting beat on the edges because he couldn’t move laterally. It wasn’t until the seventh or eighth game where he was starting to feel normal. His best football is ahead of him. Awesome kid.”

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

In July, he became a bone marrow donor for his sister Autumn. “He basically saved her life,” another scout said. “They corkscrewed into his hip, twice on the left and once on the right, to get the marrow out. When he recovered his hip flexibility was not what it used to be. He lost like 25 pounds. If you look at the early tape you go, ‘What the hell? This guy is thinking about coming out?’ He was getting beat on the edges because he couldn’t move laterally. It wasn’t until the seventh or eighth game where he was starting to feel normal. His best football is ahead of him. Awesome kid.”

Yeah, he also couldn't lift weight until week 5 or 6 of the season.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

And then AJ Epenesa said let me knock you back down a peg

Becton could be a real steal if he slips to the late teens with his drug test. His ceiling has been 4th overall with a floor in the early teens. He is a top 10 prospect all day long. He can win right now with size (and raw power), but watch out if he really learns how to use it. Especially on a team that loves the outside zone. Becton is mauling edge setters like it's fun, he will plow huge lanes since he has the athleticism to run towards the sideline. He is indeed impressive.

If you need an OT you can feel very lucky this year. None of the top 4 OTs will bust imo. Ceilings of Wirfs and Becton are through the roof, and they can survive on their tools alone right now. Thomas and Wills you plug in and don't look back for 10 years.

Edited by Fullback
  • Like 1

I'd quite like to draft Zach Shackleford late.

He has his limitations, but he's a consummate leader in every sense (by all accounts), huge work ethic and smart. 

We had Andrews in the same mould go undrafted, who's now our captain and a top 5-10 center in the league by most metrics. I'm not saying ZachShack will be another Andrews, but we do need a backup to him..... 

@BleedTheClock What you saying about his on-field product?

Edited by Hunter2_1

58 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'd quite like to draft Zach Shackleford late.

He has his limitations, but he's a consummate leader in every sense (by all accounts), huge work ethic and smart. 

We had Andrews in the same mould go undrafted, who's now our captain and a top 5-10 center in the league by most metrics. I'm not saying ZachShack will be another Andrews, but we do need a backup to him..... 

@BleedTheClock What you saying about his on-field product?

I really like him. He is great in a movement-based role. He needs to add strength, but his frame will allow it. I think he’s a good starter in a year or two. 

2 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

There's a growing buzz linking Andrew Thomas to the Chargers at 6. This is just my weekly draft forum reminder that the Chargers are likely going OT first, Jalen Hurts second.

OT first, Jordan Love second?