Official 2020 OT/IOL Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 12/7/2019 at 9:14 AM, pnies20 said:

Tristan Wirfs is my guy. Perfect for for the Browns in particular. Will start out at RT and be an absolute monster in the run game.

Trade for Trent Williams, draft Tristan Wirfs, pound Chubb and Kareem Hunt every week.

Beckham would lose his mind but that would be super fun to watch.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Biadasz, Wisconsin 

Humphrey, Oklahoma

Harris, Washington 

Hanson, Oregon

Williams, Miss St 

Those are the top C for me, Biadasz should go round 1

I came in not wanting to like Harris because of his lack of size. But that dude is a player. If you put him in a zone scheme, he's going to be very effective. Great feet and body control. Outstanding blocker on the move and the second level. Hanson and Williams both struck me as solid players too. But Harris is better than both imo.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I came in not wanting to like Harris because of his lack of size. But that dude is a player. If you put him in a zone scheme, he's going to be very effective. Great feet and body control. Outstanding blocker on the move and the second level. Hanson and Williams both struck me as solid players too. But Harris is better than both imo.

I know the Rams will be looking IOL as well as the niners hopefully. For both our sake I hope we are right on these 5.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 1:14 PM, Fureys49ers said:

Biadasz, Wisconsin 

Humphrey, Oklahoma

Harris, Washington 

Hanson, Oregon

Williams, Miss St 

I hope Humphrey returns to school honestly, great prospect long term and has been good for awhile.  But against Baylor specifically this year, both times he got beaten up on multiple plays by Roy, got pushed around physically I thought and showed against a solid DT he could struggle.  Could use a little more time in college to strength up and improve at the point of attack.  Why go out this year with Biadasz in the draft when next year he could be the clear #1 center and be picked higher as well?

Harris on Washington is good but he is very little and is quite short I feel with not a great wingspan.  Has been playing since his freshman year though so that is impressive.  Landon Dickerson could be a sleeper at center, this year when he moved in as a center for Bama their run game greatly improve and he obviously has experience at guard as well, could be a nice late round pickup.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I hope Humphrey returns to school honestly, great prospect long term and has been good for awhile.  But against Baylor specifically this year, both times he got beaten up on multiple plays by Roy, got pushed around physically I thought and showed against a solid DT he could struggle.  Could use a little more time in college to strength up and improve at the point of attack.  Why go out this year with Biadasz in the draft when next year he could be the clear #1 center and be picked higher as well?

Harris on Washington is good but he is very little and is quite short I feel with not a great wingspan.  Has been playing since his freshman year though so that is impressive.  Landon Dickerson could be a sleeper at center, this year when he moved in as a center for Bama their run game greatly improve and he obviously has experience at guard as well, could be a nice late round pickup.

I’ll have to watch some film on Dickerson. I agree about Humphrey though, might be able to cover up some of that in a zone scheme until he adds needed strength to enforce his will, or get better at positioning, and anchor

On 12/21/2019 at 4:58 PM, Ozzy said:

Don't think Creed Humphrey as those anchor issues that you saw.  He's a RS SO so there's still room to develop physically, but he's easily the best pro OL prospect that Oklahoma has rolled out in a few years.

On 12/23/2019 at 12:47 PM, .Buzz said:

What is everyone's thoughts on Wills? Think he can transition easily to LT?

Brugler and a few others on Twitter are really pumping him up as OT1 and think he's a freak. Seemed like Thomas had that label for the longest time but...

Can he, yeah probably.  Will he? Who knows.  It's getting to the point where teams are starting to realize there there's very little difference between RT's and LT's, and playing their guys at their natural position is the best bet.  Great examples are Juwaan Taylor, Bulaga, McGary, Tytus Howard, Moton, Trent Brown etc etc.  It's becoming more and more common to just let guys ride at their natural position regardless of side. With a guy who has played every game of his college career on the right side, it'll take a while to get natural with all of the little things, and if a team want's real immediate success, then RT is the best bet. 

9 hours ago, Duffman57 said:

Can he, yeah probably.  Will he? Who knows.  It's getting to the point where teams are starting to realize there there's very little difference between RT's and LT's, and playing their guys at their natural position is the best bet.  Great examples are Juwaan Taylor, Bulaga, McGary, Tytus Howard, Moton, Trent Brown etc etc.  It's becoming more and more common to just let guys ride at their natural position regardless of side. With a guy who has played every game of his college career on the right side, it'll take a while to get natural with all of the little things, and if a team want's real immediate success, then RT is the best bet. 

I agree, with Willis he is a nasty tough run blocker with a mean streak.  At times last year and early this year he got beat up in pass pro so LT is not a great position for him.  Sure he could do it but depends on the run system, he is best going forward and blocking aggressively.  Is a little thin in the base with thin lower body which could be a problem.  But is a tough kid and has plenty of upside.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 12:14 PM, Fureys49ers said:

Biadasz, Wisconsin 

Humphrey, Oklahoma

Harris, Washington 

Hanson, Oregon

Williams, Miss St 

Thanks I’ll have to check them out, got a feeling Chiefs draft one of them this year.

Biadasz looked really good though, really solid.