Official 2020 OT/IOL Thread

CalhounLambeau

42 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Man that's a surprise with his condition. 

He missed from October to the bowl game.  At this point, i would think he is a 4th round pick with the red flags.  He has the talent to be drafted in the 1st if he can prove he is a bit healthier

33 minutes ago, jebrick said:

He missed from October to the bowl game.  At this point, i would think he is a 4th round pick with the red flags.  He has the talent to be drafted in the 1st if he can prove he is a bit healthier

No he didn't.  Pretty sure he played every game this season.  

He would likely be a 2nd rounder if he had come out.  However, if he stays healthy all year, he should be a top 16 pick.  There's been no sign of the blood clots in a long time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Good for him, I am not surprised he returned and with another pure year of health his stock will be a lot more stable I feel.  Not to mention if Cade Mays gets the waiver to play next year in 2020, with Trey Smith back and Morris/Wright at tackle they could be one of the best offensive lines in college football talent wise.  Right up there with Ohio State arguably in terms of returning talent potentially on the OL.

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

He would likely be a 2nd rounder if he had come out.  However, if he stays healthy all year, he should be a top 16 pick.  There's been no sign of the blood clots in a long time.

Yeah, he played every game. He just doesn't practice. Hopefully he's coming back to prove he's 100% healthy and not because his draft grade was too low.

16 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

you are correct.  I was looking at 2018 dates.

23 hours ago, Broncofan said:

And again, the big flaw with PFF is that they assume the competition is equal.  It's not.

No,  they do not. They simply give a grade. If you interpret the grade poorly,  the only one's at fault are you and your own brain.  

Imagine going to a website that listed sacks and expecting them to do a write up next to each player explaining exactly who they got their sacks against and how and what the game situation was. Its just data. The legwork is on you at some point. 

Thanks for coming to my TED talk 

1 hour ago, Nastradamus said:

No,  they do not. They simply give a grade. If you interpret the grade poorly,  the only one's at fault are you and your own brain.  

Imagine going to a website that listed sacks and expecting them to do a write up next to each player explaining exactly who they got their sacks against and how and what the game situation was. Its just data. The legwork is on you at some point. 

Thanks for coming to my TED talk 

Again - the amount of times grades are used by media, posters, and the casual fanbase, as an absolute value FAR outnumbers the grade with context.    Look at most every mainstream article, that simply spouts off the PFF grade, and gives zero context that you & I discuss.     My point stands - it's a simple metric, and one that is used without context by 90+ percent of the ppl who post it.     

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Tyler Biadasz is the best OL in the country.

Andrew Thomas will be good, but not better than Tristin Wirfs or Jedrick Wills, both of which will dominate in run and pass blocking. Thomas is a finesse OT...which is fine...but I like the other two a little bit more.

Think the latter are strict RT's though?