Official 2020 TE Thread

CalhounLambeau

IDK if Keene ever becomes the receiver that Clay was but he has a nice, rounded skill set and can get some suprising chunks of yards if he gets a head of steam. I think he is more likely a high end TE2 who can be used in lots of different ways than a pro bowl caliber guy. Still, really nice player. Has ST upside as well, really the type that will do whatever is asked of him. Gotta love that type of guy in the latter rounds. 

On 4/12/2020 at 5:02 PM, warsawian said:

Dallas Clark was 24, Ed Reed was 24, just off the top of my head. 

George Kittle was an older 23 year old.  Does 6 months really determine that much difference? 

Heck Danny Watkins of Baylor went 23 in ‘11.  Total bust.

crazy story: enrolled at butte college to study fire sciences and the coach convinced him to post football for first time at 22yo.  Transferred to Baylor after 2 years.  After 2 years at Baylor went #23 in ‘11 draft at 26yo.  

Sometimes there’s 20yo draft prospects and other times there’s 24yo guys.  You gotta consider age when evaluating.  Is the 23/24yo rSr just better cuz of experience and maxed out.  

but year 6months or a year isn’t gonna swing a players draft evaluation at all.  I

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Heck Danny Watkins of Baylor went 23 in ‘11.  Total bust.

crazy story: enrolled at butte college to study fire sciences and the coach convinced him to post football for first time at 22yo.  Transferred to Baylor after 2 years.  After 2 years at Baylor went #23 in ‘11 draft at 26yo.  

Sometimes there’s 20yo draft prospects and other times there’s 24yo guys.  You gotta consider age when evaluating.  Is the 23/24yo rSr just better cuz of experience and maxed out.  

but year 6months or a year isn’t gonna swing a players draft evaluation at all.  I

My recollection is that Kyle Long was older too (maybe 25 years old).

Albert Okwuegbunam has the most potential of any TE in this class and should be the 1st TE off the board. All he did was produce in his 3 yrs at Mizzou. Fr and Soph yr he had a combined 17 TD in 18 total gms. That's ridiculous production no matter the school or level of play. In 2019 his production dropped but he still found the end zone 6 times in 9 gms. Now the QB play also dropped in 2019 as he had Kelly Bryant throwing to him. In his prev 2 seasons he had Drew Lock. I think he can be productive early on running seam routes or post corners and used in the red zone. He has a few things he needs to improve(strength and blocking) to become an all-around TE in the NFL...but I believe he has enough talent to start with that should excite some teams. 

If anyone has posted about him my fault I missed it. Just wanted to get my thoughts about him out there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sherm said:

Albert Okwuegbunam has the most potential of any TE in this class and should be the 1st TE off the board. All he did was produce in his 3 yrs at Mizzou. Fr and Soph yr he had a combined 17 TD in 18 total gms. That's ridiculous production no matter the school or level of play. In 2019 his production dropped but he still found the end zone 6 times in 9 gms. Now the QB play also dropped in 2019 as he had Kelly Bryant throwing to him. In his prev 2 seasons he had Drew Lock. I think he can be productive early on running seam routes or post corners and used in the red zone. He has a few things he needs to improve(strength and blocking) to become an all-around TE in the NFL...but I believe he has enough talent to start with that should excite some teams. 

If anyone has posted about him my fault I missed it. Just wanted to get my thoughts about him out there. 

Produced?  His numbers have been pretty much the same throughout his career.  Why was there no jump in production?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sherm said:

He's hands down my #1 and it's not even close. 

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Produced?  His numbers have been pretty much the same throughout his career.  Why was there no jump in production?

Did you see Mizzou play in 2019?  It wasn't exactly an explosive offense, they were terrible.  You don't really draft TEs based on production either, it's one of those positions you really look at the overall talent.  

47 minutes ago, warsawian said:

Did you see Mizzou play in 2019?  It wasn't exactly an explosive offense, they were terrible.  You don't really draft TEs based on production either, it's one of those positions you really look at the overall talent.  

Albert O wasn't good either in 2019. He is beyond soft. He's basically a less athletic Ebron.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

His freshman season was great. He was on his way to another great season in 2018(still good) before he got injured. That was 4 gms on his total he lost...his avg would have his season at 62 cth 673 yds 8 TD. Besides that his current numbers are right in line with the top 2 TE from last yrs draft.