Official 2020 TE Thread

CalhounLambeau

3 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I don't really know what to make of this group, I think there is some talent and someone will emerge to become a good NFL starter. But based on resume, a tweenerish skill-set and/or concerns about the talent level some of them have been playing at, I wouldn't be investing high picks at the position in the draft. It's a difficult crop to fully evaluate without anyone ticking off all of those boxes. 

I can respect that. But to me, Harrison Bryant's outstanding week at the Senior Bowl eases any concerns about level of competition. he's a natural receiver. And he's outstanding as a blocker, just a little light. Heck, Lance Zierlein's comp for him is Kittle. 

4 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

I can respect that. But to me, Harrison Bryant's outstanding week at the Senior Bowl eases any concerns about level of competition. he's a natural receiver. And he's outstanding as a blocker, just a little light. Heck, Lance Zierlein's comp for him is Kittle. 

Yeah I like the look of him, I just wouldn't know if I'm getting Kittle or Adam Shaheen. There always seems to be an adjustment to playing tight end (see last year's 1st rounders) in the NFL and it's a longer curve if you're from a smaller school. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 3:55 PM, Counselor said:

I will say this... every TE that is a character has been successful.

Gronk, Kelce, Kittle... and Keene appears like he’s a character. 

Keene posted some good numbers. I think he is the TE sleeper of this draft who will end up being very successful. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jebrick said:

Adam Trautman has moved up in my eyes. 6.78 3 cone is better than a lot of WR

He impressed at the Sr bowl...his combine was just icing on the cake. 

Also has everyone forgotten about Jake Breeland with his knee injury? 

Just now, G08 said:

As more than an H-Back? Go for it

Many viewed Kittle as an HBack also. Keene is just as strong and heavier. He isn’t the athletic freak or blocker Kittle is but Keene shows the desire to block and can be relentless with it. Keene will be a valuable TE in this league. 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Many viewed Kittle as an HBack also. Keene is just as strong and heavier. He isn’t the athletic freak or blocker Kittle is but Keene shows the desire to block and can be relentless with it. Keene will be a valuable TE in this league. 

Admittedly I haven't watched a lot of him but I just don't see anything that jumps out at me. Seems like JAG.

9 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah I've come to the conclusion that this class is trash. 

There are some parts and pieces. But there is no complete TE.

Here are the guys I think can become great contributors:

1. Adam Trautman (blocking)
2. Brycen Hopkins (receiving)
3. Cole Kmet (could develop into an all-around TE)
4. Devin Asiasi (blocking)
5. Colby Parkinson (blocking)
6. Harrison Bryant (seam stretcher)
7. Thaddeus Moss (in-line blocking)
8. Josiah Deguara (blocking in an H-Back role)

5 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah I've come to the conclusion that this class is trash. 

I disagree. It just doesn't have any top-tier prospects like 2017 and 2019 did. But I'd take this class over 2018 any day of the week. 

8 hours ago, G08 said:

Someone sell me on Cole Kmet... I'm not seeing it.

No. I don't know if ANY of us see it with him. He has a nice body and played for a big program. On the field, he's JAG for me. MAYBE better than that. He has upside, but honestly, if I'm taking a prospect with upside, I'm targeting someone from a less-storied program, because raw guys from big programs don't seem to develop in the NFL the same way small school guys do (probably because they've already had quality coaching, training, and development at big schools). 

That said, he's not a BAD prospect. He gives decent effort as a blocker and could be a decent receiver in the middle of the field. I'd be very happy if my team got him in round 4, and I wouldn't complain if he were a 3rd-round pick. 

There's a decent amount of prospects that I like starting in round 2. Here are my tiers for the class so far:

Round-2 Guys That Could Secretly Be Top-10 TEs

Harrison Bryant

Adam Trautman

Round-3 Guys That Could Be Good Starters or Excellent Niche Guys

Cole Kmet

Brycen Hopkins

Albert Okwuegbunam

Hunter Bryant

Jacob Breeland

Round-4 Guys That Have Shown Me Enough To Be Intrigued, But Either Sucked in Workouts And Had Suppressed Stats As A Senior Or Were Named Dalton Keene

One-Hit Wonder Jared Pinkney

Dalton Keene

• Like 1