Official 2020 CB/S Thread

CalhounLambeau

In the Penn State vs Pitt this game this past weekend one Pitt defender stood out to me as playing really well.

Junior CB, #15 Jason Pinnock

Measurables don't seem stellar but good at 6'0 200. He seems really good at man coverage and sticks to his receiver very closely and very reliably.

On 9/14/2019 at 4:30 PM, SBLIII said:

He is getting exposed today. 

Finally. I've been waiting for some real-world reviews of this guy. I keep thinking I'm catching Adebo at his bad moments. Meanwhile there are nothing but bad moments. He doesn't even look the part, not unless I want to draft Lurch at cornerback and tell him to make sure to never look for the ball. Sometimes I think I'm looking at a Taylor Mays version of cornerback.

I realize that has to be overly harsh. If Todd McShay and others are hyping this guy as early first round, then there must be something I am missing. But gad am I missing it. I feel like they owe me 25 consecutive great games to balance out all the poor plays and weaknesses I've seen. Right now if my team spent a reasonably high first round pick on Paulson Adebo I think I would want to cry.

Edited by Awsi Dooger
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 1:18 AM, Awsi Dooger said:

Finally. I've been waiting for some real-world reviews of this guy. I keep thinking I'm catching Adebo at his bad moments. Meanwhile there are nothing but bad moments. He doesn't even look the part, not unless I want to draft Lurch at cornerback and tell him to make sure to never look for the ball. Sometimes I think I'm looking at a Taylor Mays version of cornerback.

I realize that has to be overly harsh. If Todd McShay and others are hyping this guy as early first round, then there must be something I am missing. But gad am I missing it. I feel like they owe me 25 consecutive great games to balance out all the poor plays and weaknesses I've seen. Right now if my team spent a reasonably high first round pick on Paulson Adebo I think I would want to cry.

Honestly, Jeff Gladney from TCU is the guy everyone thinks Adebo is. 

2 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Ashtyn Davis from Cal, what are people’s thoughts? I may be biased but I see a solid FS mid round prospect.

Top 100 guy. Literally does everything well enough to be considered a starter from day 1. Will play all over the field, and has the ability to be effective covering the slot. Doesn’t have high end speed, but he rarely wastes steps in pursuit. Takes good angles and is fundamentally sound. Tackles with purpose but really needs to add any kind of strength before he takes on these bigger guys in the NFL. Is probably gonna get bullied by your mismatches at TE until he adds some more weight. 

Edited by YogiBiz
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Groo said:

Thoughts on Northwesterns S Travis Willock?

I like him, he is a tough guy, great in the box safety and tackler.  Is part of a solid safety tandem at Northwestern with he and JR Pace.  As a RS JR not sure he comes out this year or not, would be smart to return but if he comes out could be a mid to late round draft pick just on his toughness and tackling ability.  Worse case could be a fine special teams guy but is a very good in the box safety and open field tackler.  

On 10/6/2019 at 11:30 AM, Ozzy said:

I like him, he is a tough guy, great in the box safety and tackler.  Is part of a solid safety tandem at Northwestern with he and JR Pace.  As a RS JR not sure he comes out this year or not, would be smart to return but if he comes out could be a mid to late round draft pick just on his toughness and tackling ability.  Worse case could be a fine special teams guy but is a very good in the box safety and open field tackler.  

Thanks

13 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

So what’s up about Israel Mukuauma? Breakout game but does anyone know anything about him?

Sure not many know about him but they do now if they were paying attention.  Amazing performance by him and is now on the radar of a lot of teams, got to love that length at CB no question about it, fine looking athlete.

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

Anybody have any scouting notes on Lamar Jackson Nebraska Corner

Early in his career he got beat badly and kind of often.  But always had potential because of his long arm length and size, this year is playing the best of his career easily.  Is not the best tackler in the world but in coverage can stick with guys and make plays on the football.  Has got his hands on the football a lot this year and a few nice interceptions.  Was solid against Minnesota last night when the D overall got rocked honestly especially up front.  Jackson will be drafted mid to late round and have a chance to develop potentially down the road.

• Like 1