Official 2020 CB/S Thread

CalhounLambeau

Some of the best senior CB's: Bryce Hall, Virginia,  Kristian Fulton, LSU,  Trevon Diggs, Alabama,  Essang Bassey, Wake Forest,  Troy Pride Jr., Notre Dame,  Lavert Hill, Michigan,  DeMarkus Acy, Missouri,  Keith Washington, West Virginia,  Myles Bryant, Washington,  Tino Ellis, Maryland,  Chris Jackson, Marshall. 

Some of the best junior CB's: A.J. Terrell, Clemson,  CJ Henderson, Florida,  Stanford Samuels, Florida State,  Jeffrey Okudah, Ohio State,  Keith Taylor, Washington,  Deommodore Lenior, Oregon,  Jaylon Johnson, Utah,  Noah Igbinoghene, Auburn,  Tariq Castro-Fields, Penn State,  Camryn Bynum, California,  Thomas Graham Jr., Oregon,  T.J. Carter, Memphis.  Cameron Dantzler, Mississippi State,  Rodarius Williams, Oklahoma State,  Amik Robertson, Louisiana Tech,. 

Some of the best sophomore CB's: Paulson Adebo, Stanford,  Eric Stokes, Georgia,  Shaun Wade, Ohio State,  Marco Wilson, Florida

----------------------------------

Some of the best senior safeties: Brandon Jones, Texas, Shyheim Carter, Alabama, Jalen Elliott, Notre Dame, Davis Dowell, Michigan State,  Julian Blackmon, Utah,  Jordan Fuller, Ohio State,  Josh Metellus, Michigan,  J.R. Reed, Georgia,  Antoine Brooks Jr., Maryland,  Ashtyn Davis, Cal,  Jalen Thompson, Washington State,  Damar Hamlin, Pittsburgh,  Myles Dorn, UNC,  Levonta Taylor, Florida State,  Jeremiah Dinson, Auburn. 

Some of the best junior safeties: Grant Delpit, LSU, Richie Grant, Central Florida, Xavier McKinney, Alabama,  Richard LeCounte III, Georgia,  Hamsah Nasirildeen, Florida State,  Jamel Cook, South Carolina,  Brandon McKinney, Washington,  Alohi Gilman, Notre Dame,  Brad Stewart, Florida,  Donovan Stiner, Florida. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QbJONz-aRK6WCaSUH4sGS1wAjN_lkg1j7Mrtp1lGJxw/edit?usp=sharing

Want to watch all the available cuts, get up-to-date measurements, DOB's for the 2020 DBs, find it here. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Paulson Adebo, Kristian Fulton, Trevon Diggs, & Bryce Hall lead the pack for me.

Adebo has blown up recently. He's the guy right now. Only a redshirt sophomore but I don't think he's the type to stay based on the little I know about him. 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 10:44 AM, ClutchDJ said:

Paulson Adebo, Kristian Fulton, Trevon Diggs, & Bryce Hall lead the pack for me.

What is so great about Kristian Fulton?  I thought the kid was pretty lacking in terms of showing up on film his first two years at LSU.  He is not even near the player Greedy Williams is and Greedy fell to the 2nd round, what makes Fulton this 1st round pick that I have seen some have him being?  Sure he might improve a ton this season but based on his FR and SOPH years I do not view him as this big time prospect at CB.  Good in coverage at times but still seems a little raw and does not make a ton of impactful plays on a consistent basis, maybe he will make big progress this year.  If Greedy fell for not being physical enough Fulton might as well, he is not a high volume tackler either.

Diggs I like but he has not really proven himself for an entire season yet, tons of upside though and amazing ball skills for a corner.  Adebo is ok, was very productive early last year but played on a pretty poor Stanford defense which is not the norm, they were on the field a lot and gave up a lot of plays.  So he had plenty of chances to make plays, solid player but not sure I would say he is elite just yet.

Bryce Hall is a fine player and his ball skills and ability to jump routes and get his hands on the football is special.  Long wing span and plays big despite not being some huge 6-4 corner or something, plays like it though.  AJ Terrell I have as the #1 CB prospect, he had a breakout season last year and shows a ton of upside and potential, strong and fast.  AJ Green I have liked for awhile, athletically he is as good as they come with his height and speed, just needs to get a little more physical.

At safety Grant Delpit is the top man all the way and it is not even close at this point, great talent.  Greg Ellsworth is one to watch at safety, the RS JR shows big time toughness and quickness, good solid tackler that plays the game with passion.  Will be interesting if Winfield Jr can stay healthy, he has potential at safety but has not been healthy for two seasons in a row now in college.  

On 6/11/2019 at 11:35 PM, ClutchDJ said:

Jason Verrett died so Amik Robertson could live. 

Forget about whatever type of slang/funny comment you are trying to make there.

Good call on Amik Robertson.   Kid looks like a damn baller.  Not super big but packs a big time punch as a tackler, can hit guys, breaks down well and gets players to the ground.  Smooth in coverage and quick to react to the football.  Looks very solid, I need to see more of him but potentially he could be a top 7 corner in the up coming draft, possibly top 5 even.  Looks quite legit out there and perfect for the NFL of today, could play slot easily in the NFL with his quickness and ability to break and tackle around the line of scrimmage, or could play out on the boundary or field side.  

14 hours ago, mtmmike said:

thanks for the heads up 

how good do you think Grant dephin s lsu will be I believe the browns will draft safeties next year

Grant DELPIT is a stud and a half. He's not some super athlete though. He isn't as freaky as some of the other top 10 safeties that have been drafted very high recently, but he's probably better than all of them from a fundamentals standpoint. He is as fundamentally sound as they come, never missing tackles or assignments. And he's not a bad athlete. His athletic traits are a strength, but he isn't wowing anyone with measurables IMO. His NFL Combine will probably be good but not great, but the player is undoubtedly great and will go in the top 5-10 picks. The Browns won't be in range to get him unless they have a catastrophic failure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You know I love Stefon, but is his brother actually that good? I've only ever watched a little bit of him but can't really make an evaluation of him.

I think I talked with you about him last season.  Sadly same thing again this year, the kid is talented sure but is not proven what so ever.  Has never played a full season as a starting CB, hopefully he can pull that off this year.  He has great ball skills and anticipation but his tackling is more than questionable I feel.  Has shined in spring games especially as a JR but still has yet to make a huge impact during the season.  Will see if he can finally put it together this year, I think 2nd round is a stretch for him, as unproven as he is I would say more 3rd or 4th round but could go higher with proven play.  

Got to love the former WR skills transitioning to CB in terms of his ball reaction time, which he has but honestly if he was not Stefon's brother not sure anyone would even know who he is other than a former WR trying to make it at corner on the most famous college football program in the country currently.  Will see if he can put it together and produce at a need position for Alabama and be a leader out there and make some plays and stay on the field health wise.

• Like 1