Official 2020 CB/S Thread

CalhounLambeau

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Is there anyone on this forum that wouldn't want him in round 2, assuming you needed a safety?

If both the niners safeties walk in FA and they in fact keep their 1st without trading down then I want them to take him. Shoot, I hope they do both walk so we have even more reason to stay where we are at and add him. 

On 1/17/2020 at 7:13 PM, Fureys49ers said:

If both the niners safeties walk in FA and they in fact keep their 1st without trading down then I want them to take him. Shoot, I hope they do both walk so we have even more reason to stay where we are at and add him. 

I had a premonition that Winfield goes to the Niners at the bottom of the first. 

• Like 1

Winfield is going to be a good one. 

Anyone have more to say on Bryce Hall. He seems like a perfect fit in Vic Fangio's zone heavy scheme. I hope that his ankle injury drops him to late R2 and Denver can trade up for him. I think he can be a plug and play guy as long as he is in his comfort....zone. 

• 2 weeks later...

Amik Robertson's tape is nuts

Dude is electric. Risk taker, but electric. In a league that is valuing speed and the big play more every year, I dont see how he isnt a Day 2 pick. 

Best coverage rating according to PFF. Incredibly mature and driven for his age. Dude had a kid at 15, which doesnt say much in itself but he is actually in the kids life and sees this game as his role as a provider. He is not going to fail IMO. 

Edited by BroncosFan2010
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 11:00 AM, BrownLeader said:

giphy.gif

You want to pass on this go right ahead and do it.  

gif-4.gif

giphy.gif?w=696&ssl=1

But fact is you could not name 5 safeties better than him in this up coming draft, no way.  Only issue is his injury history, basically missed almost two full seasons.  Outside of that there is almost nothing to dislike about him, not his tackling, ball skills, bloodline or DB versatility.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

But fact is you could not name 5 safeties better than him in this up coming draft, no way.  

Delpit, Dugger, McKinney, Davis, and Chinn. Did I do this correctly? 

But I will tell you one thing, he's a good ball hawk. 

Edited by YogiBiz

34 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You want to pass on this go right ahead and do it. 

But fact is you could not name 5 safeties better than him in this up coming draft, no way.  Only issue is his injury history, basically missed almost two full seasons.  Outside of that there is almost nothing to dislike about him, not his tackling, ball skills, bloodline or DB versatility.  

He misses more tackles than he should but that's not a major issue because tackling does tend to improve. I just question speed/range really. Possibly might go Kyle Duggar over him. And i think Myles Bryant is more versatile.

11 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Delpit, Dugger, McKinney, Davis, and Chinn. Did I do this correctly? 

But I will tell you one thing, he's a good ball hawk. 

Really?  Sure if you want to just throw names against the wall and see if they stick fine.  Dugger and Chinn it would be great if they are as indeed as great as you say and or people on the internet say, I do not believe that is true though.  I will have to watch them a little more though.  And Ashtyn Davis is quite overrated I feel.  McKinney and Delpit and that is about it and even with those two, Winfield played better in coverage than both of them easily, it is not even close.

And based on the size of Chinn and Dugger in coverage I question them a lot, few safeties that size can actually cover much less coming from weaker competition where they did not always have to.  I love big safeties but few can actually pull it off in coverage, Winfield Jr on the other hand could play corner and has played corner before so I trust him way more in coverage.  

1 minute ago, BrownLeader said:

He misses more tackles than he should but that's not a major issue because tackling does tend to improve. I just question speed/range really. Possibly might go Kyle Duggar over him. And i think Myles Bryant is more versatile.

Myles Bryant to me is a slot corner not a safety.  And speed I would not be surprised to see Winfield Jr run in the 4.4 range at all.  Misses tackles, that is more to do with his health I feel especially early in the season not wanting to get hurt again and not being 100%.  Later in the season he did not miss a ton of tackles or anything, and really all of football misses tackles consistently.  Few do not ever miss especially at safety.