Official 2020 CB/S Thread

CalhounLambeau

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Will Dugger make it out of round 2, if he runs 4.4's and looks great in combine drills?

He's probably my #4 S right now after Delpit, McKinney, and Winfield Jr.

No. He's going to kill all of the off-season stuff. I wouldn't be shocked if he went late R1. I think he's got a lot of work to do still, but I think he'll be ranked similarly to Nassir Adderley. They're not similar players, but I think both will have similar stocks.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Is Kristian Fulton good, just sucked in the big game? Or what? Keep seeing him mocked mid 1st round and it scares me after seeing him get abused.

He is a little overrated I feel, and yes had a poor game that last one.  For the start of the season though I thought Stingley was better and he is, but Fulton is a smooth cover corner and in the NFL of today that is very needed.  I do not think he will be better than the likes of Bryce Hall in the NFL but will see, I would be more comfortable 1st round taking Fulton over Trevon Diggs who is very limited as a corner but does have more potential than Fulton but is less proven.

What's the buzz on Kenny Robinson? He had 2 impressive years at West Virginia, showing the instincts, ball skills and athleticism. I think he would make a great FS at the next level. Good size as well. He is playing in the XFL right now and I will follow his play closely. Broke up a few passes already but not tested much yet. I think he is a 2nd rounder all day long. How does playing in the XFL affect his draft stock?

Thoughts and predictions on what round S - Geno Stone (Iowa) might go? I know this is just a highlight video, I haven't broke down his film but as an Iowa fan I was just watching the games and  it always seemed like he was flying around making big plays. Plus his play honored the #9 he wore (R.I.P Tyler Sash)

On 20.2.2020 at 11:07 AM, Fullback said:

What's the buzz on Kenny Robinson? He had 2 impressive years at West Virginia, showing the instincts, ball skills and athleticism. I think he would make a great FS at the next level. Good size as well. He is playing in the XFL right now and I will follow his play closely. Broke up a few passes already but not tested much yet. I think he is a 2nd rounder all day long. How does playing in the XFL affect his draft stock?

Kenny Robinson of the XFL Battlehawks had a highly athletic interception in week 3. Watched the whole game and his range is what immediately stands out. He is very tall with long hands, but looks lanky. He is a deep FS-only. My 2nd round grade remains. Late day 2 pick at the very least compared to the other prospects at his position. Oddly enough I've hardly ever seen Robinson mentioned on big boards or in mock drafts. Am I totally wrong or are pundits sleeping on him?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice walkthrough of each prospect, but imo doesn't bring anything new to the tabel - but that is ok. There is a bit of preferred flavor in his rankings, can't criticise him for that. I think personally that he is a bit hard on Gladney, who I think does a better job in coverage than being credited for, but I have to go back and review cornerbacks anyway.

Bryce Hall is the somewhat forgotten man, so nice he values him high. 

8 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

AJ Terrell is underrated, wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a really good starter/Pro Bowler at the next level

I agree, I had him as the clear #1 corner before this season, but has dropped a little with the improved play of Okudah and Fulton staying healthy all season among some others.  But Terrell is a fine athlete, super long and has good ball skills.  Could be a 2nd round steal.  Bryce Hall is another getting over looked because of his injury, but kid can play when healthy and has about as good of hands in pass coverage as any corner in terms of deflecting passes.

• Like 1

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

I knew that narrative is coming, I think he can prove otherwise at the next level with higher level coaching, as well as veteran mentorship. We will see

I just threw it out there because I knew it was going to come from someone else lol

• Like 1