Official 2020 CB/S Thread

CalhounLambeau

22 minutes ago, showtime said:

How good is Jeff Okudah?  I skimmed through the beginning of the thread and nobody even mentioned him until like around page 6 or 7.  Is he kind of like Joe Burrow in the respect that he wasn't touted as an elite (I see the guy at #3 overall pick in most mocks I look at) prospect, but he played great during the season to propel his way there?

It is incredibly rare for CB's to excel in college that play almost exclusively press man coverage. That's what's valuable in the NFL. It's why Lattimore and Ward also went so high. Most college cornerbacks with good production play in zone schemes where they are not asked to suffocate the WR across from them. IT's hard to project their ability to play up in press. In Okudah's case, you know exactly what you're getting. He suffocates WR's and offers little space. He's really good, but I will admit I thought Lattimore and Ward were both better players.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn’t be shocked if Mayock really surprised people and took a corner at 19 that isn’t Fulton/Henderson. I think both of those guys have been very overrated by the media the entire draft process. Raiders could turn some heads and draft Jaylon Johnson or AJ Terrell. I think Johnson is a perfect scheme fit honestly. 

Here is the only breakdown video I could find of Johnson:

Entertaining Youtuber to say the least. Enjoyed the analysis + personality. 

Johnson reminds me of Rock Ya-Sin last year but I think he has a higher ceiling than Ya-Sin. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Mayock really surprised people and took a corner at 19 that isn’t Fulton/Henderson. I think both of those guys have been very overrated by the media the entire draft process. Raiders could turn some heads and draft Jaylon Johnson or AJ Terrell. I think Johnson is a perfect scheme fit honestly. 

Johnson reminds me of Rock Ya-Sin last year but I think he has a higher ceiling than Ya-Sin. 

To be honest, I'd be surprised to see Mayock taking any corner that didn't play with Clemson or LSU. 

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Anybody who takes A.J. Terrell over C.J. Henderson deserves to be fired.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Anybody who takes A.J. Terrell over C.J. Henderson deserves to be fired.

CJ Henderson avoids tackling like the plague. Even takes the wrong angles on purpose to avoid tackling. Mayock likes physical corners. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

CJ Henderson avoids tackling like the plague. Even takes the wrong angles on purpose to avoid tackling. Mayock likes physical corners. 

He protected himself in his final year. I like corners who can cover.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

He ought to be top 5 based on that analysis. I like the positives he pointed out but.. i guess he's got 0 weaknesses? Johnson's interesting because he reportedly played 2019 with a torn labrum. My biggest issue with him was his physicality and footwork. But obviously that's sort of a wash if he's playing out there hurt. My take with some video..https://www.talkdraft.net/post/jaylon-johnson-scouting-report

27 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

This safety class is good. Whole bunch of nice players to look at on day two. 

Love Winfield Jr. #2 for me behind Delpit and ahead of McKinney. 

Also really like Ashtyn Davis. Bit of a project pick but should be a nice sleeper for someone in the Late 2nd-Mid 3rd. Reminds me a lot of Troy Polamalu. Non stop motor and is everywhere. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Love Winfield Jr. #2 for me behind Delpit and ahead of McKinney. 

Also really like Ashtyn Davis. Bit of a project pick but should be a nice sleeper for someone in the Late 2nd-Mid 3rd. Reminds me a lot of Troy Polamalu. Non stop motor and is everywhere. 

Whole bunch of guys. Like the small schoolers Duggar and Chinn, Terrell Burgess from Utah is outstanding too. Kavon Wallace, it's a good class man. 

6 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Who do you think gets drafted first?

Dugger has more hype behind him, but he's also turning 24 in a couple of days.

Kinda depends what teams are looking for. Duggar might end up at linebacker, does his best stuff closer in. Chinn can play some high and has more versatility. Wouldn't be surprised if the Bears or Cleveland were looking really close there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

Kinda depends what teams are looking for. Duggar might end up at linebacker, does his best stuff closer in. Chinn can play some high and has more versatility. Wouldn't be surprised if the Bears or Cleveland were looking really close there. 

I think the Ravens will be really high on them too. 

Both are strong LB/S hybrid options, but I do see Chinn as the much more natural DB between them. 

• Like 1