Official 2020 CB/S Thread

CalhounLambeau

14 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I don't think it really has tbh.

I'd be surprised if he's not taken in the top 20-25.

I’ve never thought McKinney is going in the 1st. He’s a CGJ clone from last year, can do everything from FS/SS/WLB/Nickel CB. However, he’s really bad at Single-High, the most important aspect of a FS. CGJ last year for example was a Late 1st/Early 2nd in all Mocks and Rankings and was selected in the 4th Round with no injury concerns. McKinney also ran a 4.63. Any CB/S/WR who runs a 4.6 historically gets dropped at least 20 spots. 

I see McKinney going in the Mid 2nd. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’ve never thought McKinney is going in the 1st. He’s a CGJ clone from last year, can do everything from FS/SS/WLB/Nickel CB. However, he’s really bad at Single-High, the most important aspect of a FS. CGJ last year for example was a Late 1st/Early 2nd in all Mocks and Rankings and was selected in the 4th Round with no injury concerns. McKinney also ran a 4.63. Any CB/S/WR who runs a 4.6 historically gets dropped at least 20 spots. 

I see McKinney going in the Mid 2nd. 

I hope he does. I'd love him in JAX, but I'm not sure we can afford to take him at 20.

His speed concerns me a bit and he has some drawbacks but overall he's so solid in a lot of areas. I'd happily pair him with Ronnie.

I know PFF isn't the end all be all but i thought this as a really good list of most of the top CB's in this draft and how they fared in alot of different scenario's in coverage.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-top-10-cornerbacks-by-coverage-situation

The fact that Henderson only made the list once and it as tied for last place on that list is crazy to me for a guy thats possibly lately getting top 10 talk.    Also think it's funny and awesome than Amik even though the smallest is one of the more stingy guys and shows up near the tops alot.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

I know PFF isn't the end all be all but i thought this as a really good list of most of the top CB's in this draft and how they fared in alot of different scenario's in coverage.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-top-10-cornerbacks-by-coverage-situation

The fact that Henderson only made the list once and it as tied for last place on that list is crazy to me for a guy thats possibly lately getting top 10 talk.    Also think it's funny and awesome than Amik even though the smallest is one of the more stingy guys and shows up near the tops alot.

Having watched every single coverage snap of Henderson the last two years a lot of his plays given up are in off coverage. That’s not how you play him at the next level. 

• Like 2

I think Henderson will be off many boards because of the tackling issue just like Greedy last year. Greedy’s average mock selection was about 21 last year and he fell to 46. I think you could see Henderson fall to the 25-35 range, as his average spot right now is 16-17. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think Henderson will be off many boards because of the tackling issue just like Greedy last year. Greedy’s average mock selection was about 21 last year and he fell to 46. I think you could see Henderson fall to the 25-35 range, as his average spot right now is 16-17. 

Nope he is going top 17. You’ll see

Also think it's funny and awesome than Amik even though the smallest is one of the more stingy guys and shows up near the tops alot.

Wouldn't suprisde me at all if he is the best CB to come out of this draft. He is the reincarnation of Antonie Winfield Sr with some Honey Badger mixed in. 

13 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Nope he is going top 17. You’ll see

Yeah with Dallas secondary issues I can't see him falling past them. They only have 1 CB signed past this upcoming season(Brown). They need to come away with a starter after the loss of Jones. 

• Like 1

Just now, Counselor said:

And CJ is a better prospect than Greedy

Which is why I said a 10-15 spot tumble and not 25. Wouldn't be shocked at all if Henderson ends up like the 4th CB taken. I think the CB Board for teams is all over the place.

29 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Which is why I said a 10-15 spot tumble and not 25. Wouldn't be shocked at all if Henderson ends up like the 4th CB taken. I think the CB Board for teams is all over the place.

There's going to be some teams regretting that if it happens.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Counselor said:

And CJ is a better prospect than Greedy

Im not even sure i would go that far and i wasn't a huge fan of Greedy either lol.   Henderson even though he might go as the #2 CB in this draft lets pray it's not to the Falcons for me isn't in my top 5 CB prospects.