Official 2020 CB/S Thread

CalhounLambeau

2 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Im not even sure i would go that far and i wasn't a huge fan of Greedy either lol.   Henderson even though he might go as the #2 CB in this draft lets pray it's not to the Falcons for me isn't in my top 5 CB prospects. 

I wasn’t a believer either. Based on stats. Analyzing every coverage snap from the last two years changed my views. You should try it.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Having watched every single coverage snap of Henderson the last two years a lot of his plays given up are in off coverage. That’s not how you play him at the next level. 

Grantham has no idea how to use CB talent. He completely wasted our secondary with his garbage passive style.

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Wouldn't suprisde me at all if he is the best CB to come out of this draft. He is the reincarnation of Antonie Winfield Sr with some Honey Badger mixed in. 

It would surprise me. Okudah is just plain dominant.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I wasn’t a believer either. Based on stats. Analyzing every coverage snap from the last two years changed my views. You should try it.

Oh this has nothing to do with Stats i have watched a ton of him in game.  Im also not a huge fan of Terrell like some other people are. (Im a Clemson and FSU fan)   I have watched more FSU, Florida, Clemson, and UGA games than any other teams in college football. Because i live in Georgia and all of them get played here non stop.  The fact that Antonio Cromartie who is a proven nfl top tier CB talked abouts Hendersons bad technique just backed me up on what i saw when i watched him so much.   If you can't see it but Crom can i don't know what to tell you.

Edited by FalconFan13

8 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

or some really lucky teams that made the right choice :D

I like the chances of Henderson working out more than anyone except for Okudah, and the upside is tremendous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Oh this has nothing to do with Stats i have watched a ton of him in game.  Im also not a huge fan of Terrell like some other people are. (Im a Clemson and FSU fan)   I have watched more FSU, Florida, Clemson, and UGA games than any other teams in college football. Because i live in Georgia and all of them get played here non stop.  The fact that Antonio Cromartie who is a proven nfl top tier CB talked abouts Hendersons bad technique just backed me up on what i saw when i watched him so much.   If you can't see it but Crom can i don't know what to tell you.

I see a lot of redeeming qualities about CJ. Is he perfect? No. But I trust what I saw. Especially as someone who was extremely low on him at first. Chris Carter said Tee Higgins is fast. Just because a guy played in the league doesn’t mean he is right. 

• Like 2

Plenty of NFL guys didn’t think Aaron Donald would be what he is. You know who did? Jrry and myself before anyone on this forum. You know who thought George Kittle would be extremely good? Me. And 32 teams passed on him several times. Am I wrong? Yes more than I am right. But because an nfl player mentions something about technique doesn’t make it gospel that a player can’t improve or won’t be good at the next level. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I see a lot of redeeming qualities about CJ. Is he perfect? No. But I trust what I saw. Especially as someone who was extremely low on him at first. Chris Carter said Tee Higgins is fast. Just because a guy played in the league doesn’t mean he is right. 

Well, Tee Higgins is fast.

6 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Cromartie had a lot of bad habits coming out of college too. You're not taking Henderson because he has perfect technique. He doesn't need to have perfect technique as a prospect. He's not 5'11" 190 with 4.5 speed. You're taking him because he has all the traits to be special and isn't a bad football player.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Plenty of NFL guys didn’t think Aaron Donald would be what he is. You know who did? Jrry and myself before anyone on this forum. You know who thought George Kittle would be extremely good? Me. And 32 teams passed on him several times. Am I wrong? Yes more than I am right. But because an nfl player mentions something about technique doesn’t make it gospel that a player can’t improve or won’t be good at the next level. 

*Coughs* *Doesn't have the coronavirus*

• Like 1

Just now, Counselor said:

No but when he can literally detail what he is doing exactly wrong while watching the plays thats not just saying it thats proving it.    I'll put it this way about Henderson his athleticism is great im not denying him that and in college it allows him to get away with alot of bad stuff.  In the NFL tons of people run as fast as he does and he will have to improve a ton to not get beat alot.  This is not saying he can't it's just saying he hasn't done it yet and for me to be a top 10 to 15 pick you need to have showed me much more than quick fluid hips and athleticism.  But i'll also give him this if he gets with the right coach and he will need a very good one he could actually be the best CB in this draft with his upside.  But if he doesn't get with a descent coach i don't think he will succeed at the next level.   For me im not willing to take that chance in the top half of te draft when you have such a deep draft class at CB that has shown more on film than he has already.  In the 2nd round and a few guys are already gone im willing to go for it but in round 1 i want a much better player coming out.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Cromartie had a lot of bad habits coming out of college too. You're not taking Henderson because he has perfect technique. He doesn't need to have perfect technique as a prospect. He's not 5'11" 190 with 4.5 speed. You're taking him because he has all the traits to be special and isn't a bad football player.

Meh I don’t think he is very fast

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

No but when he can literally detail what he is doing exactly wrong while watching the plays thats not just saying it thats proving it.    I'll put it this way about Henderson his athleticism is great im not denying him that and in college it allows him to get away with alot of bad stuff.  In the NFL tons of people run as fast as he does and he will have to improve a ton to not get beat alot.  This is not saying he can't it's just saying he hasn't done it yet and for me to be a top 10 to 15 pick you need to have showed me much more than quick fluid hips and athleticism.  But i'll also give him this if he gets with the right coach and he will need a very good one he could actually be the best CB in this draft with his upside.  But if he doesn't get with a descent coach i don't think he will succeed at the next level.   For me im not willing to take that chance in the top half of te draft when you have such a deep draft class at CB that has shown more on film than he has already.  In the 2nd round and a few guys are already gone im willing to go for it but in round 1 i want a much better player coming out.

Cro analyzed what two plays? 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Agreed on Crom which also leads me to believe he worked very hard to get where he ended up as so he knows what it takes and is why i trust his judgement now.    Im not saying Henderson can't be very good im saying in a CB class this deep he's not THAT MUCH BETTER than alot of them are to make him worthy of a top 10 to 15 pick like some people are saying now.