Official 2020 CB/S Thread

CalhounLambeau

12 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

To be fair when im replying to those mocks since you are bringing me up replying to them i am replying in falcon scheme specific replies you gotta give me that lol.  Now and you are gonna like this one i don't view Chaisson nor Murray as top 16 players in this draft it just so happens thats whats available to me to choose from in most mocks.  You can surely see me ask for Kinlaw everytime he is available over both of them or ask for a trade up for a guy i deem a top 10 worthy player at a need like SImmons or Okudah if they fall low enough.    But if all i got left is Chaisson, Henderson, and Murray to choose from at 16 and the other options are gone then im taking Chaisson as it's a bigger position of need and i think he has as much upside as henderson and also i think his position isn't as strong as CB in round 2.  SOOOOO  i go with a position at 16 with a similar talent if i have to and draft the stronger position in CB in round 2 where the talent is absolutely loaded with guys i view as good if not better than Henderson.   Does that help explain why i choose them that way in the mock drafts?

Also to note i have not lobbied for Murray he is not one of my go to guys he is just whats available if Chaisson is gone although im starting to come aroudn on Queen i think i might like him more than Murray.  But for either of them i prefer a trade down and even then i might target safety 1st as i really like the safety's in this class in the late 1st to early 2nd.

But yes that makes sense. What is your big board for the top 32?

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I just felt like debating tonight lol

Dude it's the best thing to do on forums like this it's why most of us are here and im usually up for a good one :D   Im a very long posted typer so im probably one of the better ones to go back and forth with as we can keep it going forever :P   Also i for sure know people always see things differently and for all we know both Henderson and Chaisson will be hall of famers or both be busts out of the league in less than 4 years.  

PS:  Im right you are wrong bwhahahaha   I WIN

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Honestly i haven't sit down and did one although i could probably swing one together in an hour or 2 based on i know who i like more than others.  Let me see what i can do for ya real quick and i'll pm it to ya.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'd have to see the play, but that might have more to do with our safeties than Henderson. They weren't exactly good last year and had a habit of hanging the CBs out to dry.

20 hours ago, Counselor said:

Aight Fellas since i respect both of yall a good bit and yall seem to know the Florida boys quite well and after thinking it over on the Safety thing Jrry said. Im willing to go back and watch a few hours of Henderson with the mindset of him having garbage safety's and not being allowed to push people toward them much.    The reason im doing this is because during our 1-7 start this year this was a MASSIVE reason why we was struggling so much is because our safety's leaving our CB's out to dry and it was making our CB's look much worse than they actually were once i went back and watched film.  

To be fair though this is also why i want a legit top tier safety in this draft even more than a CB and is why im high on Winfield even at 16 possibly prefer later but wouldn't hate him here. I see him changing our defense like a Earl Thomas type of guy and potential.   Delpit and Mckinney i wouldn't hate either in the 20 to 25 range.  So sometime tonight or tomorrow i'll give you my final thoughts on Henderson after looking at it through the eyes of someone with weak safety's and him not allowed to depend on them.

• Like 2

The best CBs in this draft IMO are:

1. Jeff Okudah (Ohio St.)

2. C.J. Henderson (Florida)

3. Darnay Holmes (UCLA) - NFL comp: Asante Samuel

4. Kristian Fulton (LSU)

5. Cameron Danzler (Miss St.) - NFL comp: Marcus Peters

Edited by VanS
Forgot Darnay Holmes

I’m a big Dantzler fan too.  Just a football player. Great eyes, natural awareness and always looks to play the ball. He will fair well in a heavy press bail scheme but still has the eyes, length and tackling to play off .  Still slow corners don’t tend to fair well in the league. I have slight reminisce of Teez Tabor or Jonathan Banks here

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

I’m a big Dantzler fan too.  Just a football player. Great eyes, natural awareness and always looks to play the ball. He will fair well in a heavy press bail scheme but still has the eyes, length and tackling to play off .  Still slow corners don’t tend to fair well in the league. I have slight reminisce of Teez Tabor or Jonathan Banks here

It depends on how slow. There have been a number of successful CBs who ran in the 4.55 to 4.65 range.

Edited by jrry32

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It depends on how slow. There have been a number of successful CBs who ran in the 4.55 to 4.65 range.

It’s the most important position for speed. Like by far. I don’t believe this Virtual Pro Day stuff for a second. Dantzler ran a 4.64. The odds of being successful in todays NFL with that time seem astronomically low. 

I don’t think Dantzler gets touched until at least the Mid-3rd, and even then it’s a huge gamble. 

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Alohi Gilman is a beast. Reminds me of Bob Sanders. Just an unreal run stopping safety that triggers quickly downhill and wallops ball carriers. Useless in man coverage, meh in zone coverage. But man, what he offers as a run stopper is top of the line. 

Yeah he’s been in all my three round mocks lately and creeps up a few spots every time. He’s a beast. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s the most important position for speed. Like by far. I don’t believe this Virtual Pro Day stuff for a second. Dantzler ran a 4.64. The odds of being successful in todays NFL with that time seem astronomically low. 

I don’t think Dantzler gets touched until at least the Mid-3rd, and even then it’s a huge gamble. 

Longer guys can make up for it. Some successful guys who were in that 4.55 to 4.65 range:

Trumaine Johnson

Bashaud Breeland

Richard Sherman

Troy Hill

Quandre Diggs

LaMarcus Joyner

Josh Norman

Logan Ryan

Dre Kirkpatrick

Casey Hayward

Joe Haden

Sean Smith

Keenan Lewis

Captain Munnerlyn

Brandon Flowers

Is it concerning? Yes. But I wouldn't write him off if you like him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Longer guys can make up for it. Some successful guys who were in that 4.55 to 4.65 range:

Trumaine Johnson

Bashaud Breeland

Richard Sherman

Troy Hill

Quandre Diggs

LaMarcus Joyner

Josh Norman

Logan Ryan

Dre Kirkpatrick

Casey Hayward

Joe Haden

Sean Smith

Keenan Lewis

Captain Munnerlyn

Brandon Flowers

Is it concerning? Yes. But I wouldn't write him off if you like him.

I don’t have an issue with him in the Late 3rd Round at all. Just people who hype him up as a Top 2 Round Player. He’s a great player, just the speed/size is a huge red flag. Dude is 180lbs max and runs a 4.64. Put on 10lbs of muscle and he may run a 4.70. It’s a big risk. But a zone heavy team drafting him in the Late 3rd isn’t a bad selection at all. 

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t have an issue with him in the Late 3rd Round at all. Just people who hype him up as a Top 2 Round Player. He’s a great player, just the speed/size is a huge red flag. Dude is 180lbs max and runs a 4.64. Put on 10lbs of muscle and he may run a 4.70. It’s a big risk. But a zone heavy team drafting him in the Late 3rd isn’t a bad selection at all. 

The problem i have with his 4.64 combine time is if you watch alot of his flim he is running stride for stride with plenty of 4.3 to 4.4 guys like it's nothing down the field.  Some guys just really do crappy at the combine be it either they over think it, have bad advice on technique, and i've even see combine jitters.  Sounds dumb but it's a true thing that people have admitted to.   If his film showed him getting literally lapped and walked away from by 4.3 and 4.4 guys then i would have a problem.    I don't believe he is a 4.3 guy like his pro day says but i could easily believe he is a mid 4.45 to 4.50 guy based just off his play on the field against faster ppl. 

3 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

The problem i have with his 4.64 combine time is if you watch alot of his flim he is running stride for stride with plenty of 4.3 to 4.4 guys like it's nothing down the field.  Some guys just really do crappy at the combine be it either they over think it, have bad advice on technique, and i've even see combine jitters.  Sounds dumb but it's a true thing that people have admitted to.   If his film showed him getting literally lapped and walked away from by 4.3 and 4.4 guys then i would have a problem.    I don't believe he is a 4.3 guy like his pro day says but i could easily believe he is a mid 4.45 to 4.50 guy based just off his play on the field against faster ppl. 

I kept hearing about his speed concerns non stop before the combine. 

So Jaylon Johnson

He had surgery for a torn right shoulder labrum on March 4th. He'll be out until August. He's had a history of shoulder issues dating back to high school. Seems kind of risky to grab him in the 1st; although his toughness was on display playing all of 2019 with the torn labrum.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-utes/2020/03/15/utah-footballs-jaylon/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lucasseehafer/2020/04/17/understanding-potential-first-round-pick-jaylon-johnsons-shoulder-surgery/#22fb26b22926