Official 2020 CB/S Thread

56 minutes ago, VanS said:

Here are my final DB rankings:

1. CB Jeff Okudah (Ohio St.) - Top 5 grade......NFL comp: Nnamdi Asomugha
  2. CB CJ Henderson (Florida) - 1st round grade
  3. CB Darnay Holmes (UCLA) - 1st round grade....NFL comp: Asante Samuel
  4. CB Cameron Danzler (Miss St.) - 2nd round grade....NFL comp: Marcus Peters
  5. S Grant Delpit (LSU) - 2nd round grade.....NFL comp: Eric Reid

You're not worried that Wazzu WRs toasted Holmes for like 150 yards and 3 TDs?

28 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You're not worried that Wazzu WRs toasted Holmes for like 150 yards and 3 TDs?

Didn't see that game.  I like to go more on a guys overall skill set than on game by game results.

12 minutes ago, VanS said:

Didn't see that game.  I like to go more on a guys overall skill set than on game by game results.

Maybe you should watch it. Might point to some issues in his skill-set you didn't see in the games you watched. Hard to believe a first round caliber CB can get toasted like that by guys who may not even play in the NFL.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 3:13 PM, Ozzy said:

I would say these are the best slot corners in this order.

Amik Robertson La Tech JR
Essang Bassey Wake Forest
Myles Bryant Washington
CJ Henderson Florida JR
John Reid Penn State RS
Damon Arnette Ohio State
Cameron Dantzler Miss State RS JR

Safeties who could cover in the slot if asked and Winfield could straight up play corner if asked, same with Blackmon most likely and Jones but Winfield would be the best corner out of all of them I feel.  Brooks could be a convert to OLB or coverage linebacker similar to what Tanner Muse will most likely become but Brooks can cover better than Muse as a pure safety.    

Antonie Winfield Jr. Minnesota RS SOPH
Xavier McKinney Alabama JR
Julian Blackmon Utah*
Antoine Brooks Jr Maryland
Brandon Jones Texas

On 12/30/2019 at 9:45 PM, NateDawg said:

Damon Arnette didn’t play in the slot very much. He and Jeff Okudah were the outside corners. Although Shaun Wade is a true corner, he basically played a mix of slot and safety without getting much time outside. That’s just the way things go sometimes when there is a second round caliber guy with two years on you (Arnette) and an elite guy in Okudah, who will go top 10, maybe top 5. If Wade returned for next year, he would probably make a huge jump by showing the outside versatility and go top 15. As it stands, he is still probably going to declare for the draft and go pretty high, because I think GM’s are aware that he can play outside and are already likely to fall in love with his versatility. Would not be surprised to see him go in the top 25, but certainly the top 40 picks. The NFL loves DBs that can be versatile. He is the type of guy that could honestly excel in the slot, outside, or in a safety role. A physical and sound tackler to go along with good coverage skills and plus athleticism.

After the draft it's nice to see our 4th rounders getting so much love in these pages but our 1st hardly being mentioned...