Official 2020 CB/S Thread

CalhounLambeau

This guy needs to be getting more talk.  Kid is arguably the best hitter at safety in the draft, very athletic in coverage, but watching him chase down the ball from distance and arriving with force is really impressive.  The guy freaking brings it.  Worst case scenario he would become the best special teams player on the roster.  

5 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

1. Amik Roberston

2. Camryn Bynum

3. Shaun Wade

4. John Reid

5. Kobe Williams

6. Josiah Scott

I agree with Robertson #1, not sure Bynum is at his best in the slot but could do it if asked.  Wade is probably #2 but even he I would ideally want as a outside corner but his versatility makes him interesting in the slot or even at safety.  

I would put CJ Henderson in there because he could do it quite well if asked.  You are missing Essang Bassey, he is a forceful tackler, good athlete and super quick.  Trajan Bandy is one who could be great at it along with Myles Bryant.  Lavert Hill I think could do it also if asked to.

Amik Robertson
Shaun Wade
Myles Bryant
CJ Henderson
Essang Bassey
Trajan Bandy
Lavert Hill
John Reid

38 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I would put CJ Henderson in there because he could do it quite well if asked.

That's like playing Aaron Donald as a 5-Tech. Could Donald play it quite well if asked? Sure. But you don't take a guy away from where he's at his best. Henderson is long and very fast. Leave him outside.

On 3.1.2020 at 5:02 PM, BrownLeader said:

Tackling is highly coachable. More important is how fast and often a guy gets there.

Tackling is coachable, but there was not much for me to like about what I saw from him. I hoped to see a Robey-Coleman type of player, but he just has very little affect when his physique come into play

20 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That's like playing Aaron Donald as a 5-Tech. Could Donald play it quite well if asked? Sure. But you don't take a guy away from where he's at his best. Henderson is long and very fast. Leave him outside.

Unrelated, but how did David Long end up doing as a rook?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Unrelated, but how did David Long end up doing as a rook?

He didn't play much because we have a ton of CB depth. When he did play, he stayed in the hip pocket of the WR, but he got beat by some good throws against Arizona. I think he'll be a good one. Can play slot and outside.

Just a few thoughts today:

1. Levonta Taylor CB FSU - Great feet, fluid hips, and natural cover skills. Think his speed is adequate. However, he's very small and struggles with big and/or physical WRs. Think he's tailor-made for the slot. My only concern there is that he's a pile-watcher who only tackles when he's forced. But he's very good in coverage, especially M2M.

2. Shyheim Carter S Alabama - He's intriguing as a cheese piece of sorts. Not much film of him in deep coverage, so I can't assume he can do that. But he's a guy who will match up well with big slot WRs and athletic TEs. His hips are too tight to stick with shifty slot WRs in M2M. But his tackling technique is sound (needs to take better angles, though) and his coverage skills are solid.

3. Nigel Warrior S Tennessee - Can somebody get some cut-ups on him? Whenever I watch him in games against other players, he impresses.