Official 2020 QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

Will the headliners live up to the hype and save some NFL franchises after a bad 2019 class?

Some of the best senior QB's: Justin Herbert, Oregon, Brian Lewerke, Michigan State, Riley Neal, Vandy, Bryce Perkins, Virginia, Nate Stanley, Iowa, Shea Patterson, Michigan, Khalil Tate, Arizona, D'Eriq King, Houston, Jake Bentley, South Carolina, Tyler Huntley, Utah, Joe Burrow, LSU, Steven Montez, Colorado, Mason Fine, North Texas, Blake Barnett, South Florida.

Some of the best junior QB's: Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama, Jake Fromm, Georgia, Jacob Eason, Washington, KJ Costello, Stanford,  Jarrett Guarantano, Tennessee,  Jordan Love, Utah State,  Feleipe Franks, Florida,  Cole McDonald, Hawaii,  Ian Book, Notre Dame,  Sam Ehlinger, Texas,  Kellen Mond, Texas A&M, 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QbJONz-aRK6WCaSUH4sGS1wAjN_lkg1j7Mrtp1lGJxw/edit?usp=sharing

Want to watch all availavle cuts, get up-to-date measurements, DOBs, etc, for all the 2020 QBs? Look here. 

Much better class than 2019 imo at least at the top. I'd take Tua and Herbert over anyone in the 19 class comfortably. I'm not big on Fromm but it seems he's developed some and gained supporters recently. Eason has all the potential in the world. If he kills he could go #1 or he could completely fall off the map and be a midround guy.

2 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

Think this class is severely overrated already.

I love Tua, but I would take Kyler over him by a little bit. 

Herbert is blah.

Fromm is AJ McCarron.

Easton hasn’t played meaningful ball in a minute.

Jordan Love is the 2nd best QB in this class imo.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

This take sucks. How is he at all like AJ McCarron other than the fact that they both played at Georgia?

- Average at best arm strength

- Mental processing is decent, but the average arm strength offsets any shortcomings in terms of velocity

- Lacks the ability to extend plays whatsoever

- Is guilty of some flat-footed throws and failure to generate throwing power from the waist down.

- His trail foot often lags and there is no rotation. The disappointing aspect of that note is that Fromm doesn't generate enough zip on some throws while there is an easily identifiable way to get more zip on his passes.

- The moments that Fromm does get in trouble and he exposes the football to turnovers is when he attempts to work the football between zones or on out-breaking routes and he doesn't put enough on his throws, leading to unnecessary contested situations.

He’s just so unbelievably....conservative. If his cast is equal to the cast he’s going against, he’s going to lose a game for you way before he’ll win one.

If he’s considered as the top QB in this class(he’s not in the slightest), then this class is atrocious. I don’t hate the guy because he seems like a good dude, but it’s absolutely mind-boggling that just because he Game-managed a team with elite RBs, good receiving corps, & very good OL, like McCarron, people make him out to be way bigger than what he actually is.

8 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

- Average at best arm strength

Mccarron had a whip. 

- Mental processing is decent, but the average arm strength offsets any shortcomings in terms of velocity

Decent? Fromm has elite mental processing for the college game dude. And his velocity is fine. His distance isn’t awesome, but he has plenty of zip. 

- Lacks the ability to extend plays whatsoever

Yes. 

- Is guilty of some flat-footed throws and failure to generate throwing power from the waist down.

I haven’t seen this with Fromm specifically, but isn’t this the case with every QB ever?

- His trail foot often lags and there is no rotation. The disappointing aspect of that note is that Fromm doesn't generate enough zip on some throws while there is an easily identifiable way to get more zip on his passes.

Never noticed this, but might be the case. Idk to be honest

He’s just so unbelievably....conservative. If his cast is equal to the cast he’s going against, he’s going to lose a game for you way before he’ll win one.

Not really. He doesn’t drive the football down the field all game long because that’s not what Georgia does. They’re a conservative offense and he plays very well within that scheme. What you call conservative I call efficient.

McCarron and Fromm are not alike other than they had great supporting casts in college. 

Hey folks, it's Mark Jarvis, the other guy running the database with Jesse. All the summer grades you've seen so far are mine, so I figured I'd throw all the QB notes together in an easy-to-read doc for ya. It doesn't include underclassmen, but I've watched a few of them already. Let me know what you think! 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WyNPYCK1zuXaOkOacdrnxsnHrQpK8zt4wu-tqUi2n6o/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 4

• 2 months later...