Official 2020 QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

Tua’s deep ball is so accurate.  His arm isn’t “elite” but he had some great balls including a drop by Jeudy.

I haven’t figured out Burrow as a prospect but I could see him being one of those guys we look back and say a team “over thunk it” by passing in him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Tua’s deep ball is so accurate.  His arm isn’t “elite” but he had some great balls including a drop by Jeudy.

I haven’t figured out Burrow as a prospect but I could see him being one of those guys we look back and say a team “over thunk it” by passing in him.

I haven't started evaluating players, but the glance test is telling me that Burrow is for real. The LSU offense is based around concepts that you'll see a lot of on Sundays in Sean Payton and McVay's offenses. He's absolutely shredding defenses. 

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I know people give all the credit to McVay, but the Rams hadn't made the playoffs since 2004 and hadn't had a winning record since 2003 when they selected Goff #1 overall in 2016. In his second year, they went 11-5 and to the playoffs. In his third year, they went 13-3 and to the Super Bowl.

and this year he looks below average and theres a decent chance they miss the playoffs. Whats your point?

On 10/11/2019 at 6:01 AM, GSUeagles14 said:

and this year he looks below average and theres a decent chance they miss the playoffs. Whats your point?

In fairness, a lot of QBs look average this year.

Goff has been bad, but the Rams as a whole have been bad. It goes much deeper than just Jared Goff.

The Bears may be in the market for a QB, they should be but who knows with GMs and failed 1st round picks.

Who are some 2nd round QBs worth looking at as possible developmental guys in 2020 while Trubisky and a veteran duke it out?

Fromm seems like he would fit Nagy's [Ried's] complex system that requires reads, timing, and accuracy over making incredible physical plays.

On 11/14/2019 at 2:41 PM, WindyCity said:

The Bears may be in the market for a QB, they should be but who knows with GMs and failed 1st round picks.

Who are some 2nd round QBs worth looking at as possible developmental guys in 2020 while Trubisky and a veteran duke it out?

Fromm seems like he would fit Nagy's [Ried's] complex system that requires reads, timing, and accuracy over making incredible physical plays.

Fromm would be a great get in the 2nd round and could beat out Trubisky in just QB intelligence but his arm talent is not great and is not near the athlete Trubisky is either.

If they want a 3rd QB to actually just sit and develop Khalil Tate would be interesting or Steven Montez but he is super raw.  Bryce Perkins could be a decent late round pick maybe as well.  Real project QB could be Jamie Newman if he comes out early, big time arm and is a solid athlete but many teams could want him if he comes out and the Vikings would be another one and or the Packers as well.  Jordan Love could fall a little in the draft outside of the 1st round and be a great developmental QB.

Really though the foolish thing the Bears did was get rid of Jordan Howard because of what?  He is not a good enough pass catcher?  Sure Montgomery is a solid rookie and Cohen has big play ability but to get rid of Howard for Mike Davis who they cut just because?  Yeah right, it was a stupid move to get rid of a power back like Howard who was proven and great for that Defense and burn the clock.  That OL needs to be address as well.

So Tua is basically done for the season.  Wow that looked bad, and they were taking him out of the game and he wanted to come back it looks like for one more series and this happened.  Damn, probably the last game he plays for Alabama if it is indeed a dislocated hip.

6 minutes ago, RandomCampBody said:

Have to seriously question if Tua will hold up in the NFL

True, but if he drops a little come draft time a team could get a total steal with him, especially if it is to an already solid organization in the NFL.  But yeah cannot remember a QB with this many injury issues, those two ankles are one thing a potential hip problem is another.  Still his accuracy is crazy impressive considering the health issues he has had lower body, and he still can throw dimes.