Official 2020 QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Orlovsky, JT O Sullivan, basically anyone who has two eyes likes Love more than Herbert. The Media Heads are the ones who like Herbert. 

FIFY.

I'm not as high on Love as others, but Herbert is fool's gold who consistently caved against top tier competition. 

I like Carr insofar as I WANT to see him return to his peak form. Whether he ever will is certainly debatable. That he isn't at peak form is not. At his best, he was certainly a bit flawed, but my gosh was he inspirational in 2016- 3rd down? Not resigning myself to a punt. 4th Quarter comeback needed? Not sweating it. Was it more Case Keenum in Minnesota than what Carr is capable of year in, year out if he's at peak form? Who knows, but he was on a pretty nice trajectory that year. 

I feel the polar opposite about Herbert in the worst possible way. Objectively dumb decision after dumb decision, on routine 3rds I've spent the last 2 1/2 years being surprised by a conversion against quality opponents. Down in the 4th? "Man, I hope their QB messes up a few times because we're going to need it....oh look, Justin took a sack fumble again. Welp...". I've never seen Herbert play and felt secure with him. 

If he does wind up being a successful NFL QB, good for him. But I wouldn't stake my professional reputation or franchise's next 5-7 years on him. I'd love to see the Chargers draft him, if that tells you anything. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

FIFY.

I'm not as high on Love as others, but Herbert is fool's gold who consistently caved against top tier competition. 

I like Carr insofar as I WANT to see him return to his peak form. Whether he ever will is certainly debatable. That he isn't at peak form is not. At his best, he was certainly a bit flawed, but my gosh was he inspirational in 2016- 3rd down? Not resigning myself to a punt. 4th Quarter comeback needed? Not sweating it. Was it more Case Keenum in Minnesota than what Carr is capable of year in, year out if he's at peak form? Who knows, but he was on a pretty nice trajectory that year. 

I feel the polar opposite about Herbert in the worst possible way. Objectively dumb decision after dumb decision, on routine 3rds I've spent the last 2 1/2 years being surprised by a conversion against quality opponents. Down in the 4th? "Man, I hope their QB messes up a few times because we're going to need it....oh look, Justin took a sack fumble again. Welp...". I've never seen Herbert play and felt secure with him. 

If he does wind up being a successful NFL QB, good for him. But I wouldn't stake my professional reputation or franchise's next 5-7 years on him. I'd love to see the Chargers draft him, if that tells you anything. 

From an Oregon fan himself gentlemen. 

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Dan Orlovsky on Loves INTs: 2 tips, 2 wrong routes, 3 hit WRs in the chest, 3 hail marrys at end of game down a billion scores. That’s 10 of his 17. And I believe he had 6 in 2018. 

As I’ve said a million times, his INTs have nothing to do with accuracy. He is one of the most accurate throwers in this class. Usually dead on the money and can deliver a laser or use touch. He’s much more accurate than Justin Herbert. 

The unique thing about Love is he can throw from a ridiculous number of arm slots similar to Mahomes. No one else in this class can do that. 

Don’t be shocked if Panthers nab their Franchise guy at 7. 

It’d also be very interesting if Love was on the board at 12 and the Raiders don’t sign Brady. Ahh the NFL Draft, full of non stop surprises. 1st Round is more enjoyable than a lot of the regular season. 

LOL Orlovsky has always been full of shhhh and just yells a bunch

Let's break them down:

First: Horrible accuracy. His fault

Second: Telegraphed throw. His fault

Third: Horrible accuracy: His fault

Fourth: Laaaaaazy throw: His fault

Fifth: Good defensive play. Still could've thrown it outside more since he had the entire sideline to work w/. Still, his fault.

Sixth: Underthrown. WR had him beat and Love left a TD on the field: His fault

Seventh: LOL: His fault

Eighth: Hail Mary. Sure, I guess we can take that away? I dunno. Lame excuse but for the sake of not making 90% of them on Love, let's do it. "Not his fault"??

Ninth: Excellent throw into double coverage. Maybe try not watching your target for less than 3-4 seconds before throwing it. His fault

Tenth: LOL. He was right in front of him. His fault

Eleventh: See above. Great field awareness.

Twelfth: Took a hit but oh well, that's part of the game. His fault. Ball wasn't making it to the WR even if it was a clean throw.

Thirteenth: Gotta get that ball over the defender. His fault. 100% 

Fourteenth: Tipped pass but how is that not his fault? He, again, didn't see a defender right in front of his target lol He stared the guy down, that's why. As I've said many, many, many times: Can't. Read. Defenses. He's absolutely awful at it.

Fifteenth (this is getting exhausting.....): Telegraphed. His fault.

Sixteenth: LOL WTF was that? A lob into triple coverage? You're up big. What a stupid throw to make. Yeah, might be a hail mary but you don't throw that when you're up 19 points.

Seventeenth: Not his fault at all. WR needs to hold onto the ball

Yeah, Dan Orlovsky is an idiot. His breakdown:

"2 tips, 2 wrong routes, 3 hit WRs in the chest, 3 hail marrys at end of game down a billion scores"

2 tips... maybe but sure, we'll give it to you. 2 wrong routes?? Prove it. 3 hit WR in the chest? No. One did. "Down a billion scores?" Only one.

Looks to me like this dude is a pick six machine waiting to happen.

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 1

I get the Mahomes comparisons for Love.  It makes sense.  

Not sure it’s as much of an accuracy issue, as field vision.  Imo that’s where Mahomes really shines, is his ability to see the whole field and know what the key on.    Mahomes still struggles with accuracy as well,   But mainly when he misreads the defense.   If Love goes to a coach that really takes the time to teach Love what to look for,  he can be a special player.

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

LOL Orlovsky has always been full of shhhh and just yells a bunch

Let's break them down:

First: Horrible accuracy. His fault

Second: Telegraphed throw. His fault

Third: Horrible accuracy: His fault

Fourth: Laaaaaazy throw: His fault

Fifth: Good defensive play. Still could've thrown it outside more since he had the entire sideline to work w/. Still, his fault.

Sixth: Underthrown. WR had him beat and Love left a TD on the field: His fault

Seventh: LOL: His fault

Eighth: Hail Mary. Sure, I guess we can take that away? I dunno. Lame excuse but for the sake of not making 90% of them on Love, let's do it. "Not his fault"??

Ninth: Excellent throw into double coverage. Maybe try not watching your target for less than 3-4 seconds before throwing it. His fault

Tenth: LOL. He was right in front of him. His fault

Eleventh: See above. Great field awareness.

Twelfth: Took a hit but oh well, that's part of the game. His fault. Ball wasn't making it to the WR even if it was a clean throw.

Thirteenth: Gotta get that ball over the defender. His fault. 100% 

Fourteenth: Tipped pass but how is that not his fault? He, again, didn't see a defender right in front of his target lol He stared the guy down, that's why. As I've said many, many, many times: Can't. Read. Defenses. He's absolutely awful at it.

Fifteenth (this is getting exhausting.....): Telegraphed. His fault.

Sixteenth: LOL WTF was that? A lob into triple coverage? You're up big. What a stupid throw to make. Yeah, might be a hail mary but you don't throw that when you're up 19 points.

Seventeenth: Not his fault at all. WR needs to hold onto the ball

Yeah, Dan Orlovsky is an idiot. His breakdown:

"2 tips, 2 wrong routes, 3 hit WRs in the chest, 3 hail marrys at end of game down a billion scores"

2 tips... maybe but sure, we'll give it to you. 2 wrong routes?? Prove it. 3 hit WR in the chest? No. One did. "Down a billion scores?" Only one.

Looks to me like this dude is a pick six machine waiting to happen.

You claim I’m a Love homer but I’m not. You are an over-the-top Love hater. Like this post is incredible. Do you realize how massively you are reaching?

Even JT O Sullivan (QB School) said Loves INTs are overblown by 1. Fans 2. Media. 

All former QBs prefer Love over Herbert: Daniel Jeremiah, Dan Orlovsky, JT O Sullivan, and probably a lot more. 

Only ones who prefer Herbert are fans who scream INTs and media heads with zero knowledge.  

This take is just hate and honestly if Love is a Top 10 QB in a few years you should probably leave the forum. Not because of a wrong opinion, but because of how online-violent and posting utter non sense garbage to deface Love. 

Edited by BayRaider

Don't care what they think. Yes, you're a Love homer. You didn't even try to refute my analysis which is very reasonable IMO. It's not hating, you just can't handle anything that shows him in a negative light. Again, bias. It's ok though, I'm done as I've proven the incorrect claims by the great Dan Orlovsky (lol) so you can continue to deny it

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Don't care what they think. Yes, you're a Love homer. You didn't even try to refute my analysis which is very reasonable IMO. It's not hating, you just can't handle anything that shows him in a negative light. Again, bias. It's ok though, I'm done as I've proven the incorrect claims by the great Dan Orlovsky (lol) so you can continue to deny it

You literally didn’t prove anything. You made every INT fit a narrative. Your narrative. Orlovsky and JT share the same sentiment in his INTs. Why would I care about what you say about them when you are clearing twisting them in your favor? Why would I take that bait? Literally not worth replying to.

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

Hey, to each their own. I disagree but that's fine. I've found him to be ignorant and annoying but just an opinion

The guy who spent over a decade in the NFL as a backup QB is ignorant? Come on, dude. That's a mighty egotistical thing to say. I enjoy his explanations of scheming.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The guy who spent over a decade in the NFL as a backup QB is ignorant? Come on, dude. That's a mighty egotistical thing to say. I enjoy his explanations of scheming.

I can't say someone who played is ignorant? You see Booger McFarland this past year??

You know what Dan said about Love and I made my observations above. Feel free to show me where he's not an idiot. It'll go further, to me, than "he was a backup for X number of years" bc that doesn't mean a whole lot to me. 

Edited by JTagg7754

9 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I can't say someone who played is ignorant? You see Booger McFarland this past year??

You know what Dan said about Love and I made my observations above. Feel free to show me where he's not an idiot. It'll go further, to me, than "he was a backup for X number of years" bc that doesn't mean a whole lot to me. 

Booger wasn't a QB. Two types of backups stick around:

1. Fringe starters who can step in and provide starting caliber play or act as a bridge; or

2. Intelligent players who are positive locker room influences, have a strong understanding of the game/system, and are capable of helping the coaches and other players on the roster with their knowledge of the game.

We both know that Orlovsky didn't stick around because of his play. I don't care enough about Love to fight this battle with you. I simply am going to point out that attempting to attack Orlovsky's credibility/knowledge isn't going to sway people to your side. Have a good evening.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Booger wasn't a QB. Two types of backups stick around:

1. Fringe starters who can step in and provide starting caliber play or act as a bridge; or

2. Intelligent players who are positive locker room influences, have a strong understanding of the game/system, and are capable of helping the coaches and other players on the roster with their knowledge of the game.

We both know that Orlovsky didn't stick around because of his play. I don't care enough about Love to fight this battle with you. I simply am going to point out that attempting to attack Orlovsky's credibility/knowledge isn't going to sway people to your side. Have a good evening.

It's not a battle. It's me asking you to prove me wrong. I enjoy being wrong bc you learn. If you don't want to but still want to make the claims, that's fine. No one is stopping you. 

On 3/9/2020 at 2:41 AM, thebestever6 said:

Lock Led all rookie QBS with a 57.7 qbr. He led a 4th quarter comeback and two game winning drives. He torched a playoff caliber Texans defense.

64 percent completion 7 tds 3 ints. 

If he didn't deserve a first round grade idk what you're neglecting to see. I thought he was a tremendous steal at the time and nothing has changed my mind.

Daniel Jones minus the fumbling issues 

24 tds 12 ints 55 qbr.

Kyler had 4 less tds in 16 games. 

I don't know what you're seeing to omit these guys as first round talents.

As far as Jordan Love goes he has way more question marks than either of those prospects starting with competition. I don't get it.

Lock was my Number 1 QB on draft day, I hated D. Jones but he did do better than I expected. I am also on an island having Herbert as my Number 1 QB this year. Of course in both cases I'm trying to predict their career not just the rookie or sophomore season. 

• Like 1