Official 2020 QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m not really high on Baker but that’s hardly a stretch with his new coach and possibility of adding an OT. We don’t know if Lamar will regress and teams will figure out how to massively slow him down. We also don’t know how Ben will play after his injury. 

I don’t agree with his assessment but seems you are incapable of thinking outside the box. Stuff like this happens all the time. Cam Newton was the worst QB in his division after his MVP year. Matt Ryan was the 3rd best QB in his division the following year after his MVP. 

I'm incapable of thinking outside the box b/c we think a guy going into a new system, w/ a limited off-season (or it's looking like it will be one), will supplant a guy who had an MVP year?  Yeah, b/c that's logical...... Sounds like you're trying to back up your boy who excused your other boy's INTs during his abysmal year. That's what this sounds like to me.

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

I'm incapable of thinking outside the box b/c we think a guy going into a new system, w/ a limited off-season (or it's looking like it will be one), will supplant a guy who had an MVP year?  Yeah, b/c that's logical...... Sounds like you're trying to back up your boy who excused your other boy's INTs during his abysmal year. That's what this sounds like to me.

It can sound like whatever you want. You’re one of the biggest players of recency bias I’ve seen on here. Probably have like 7 of 8 teams from last year winning the division again, when that never ever happens.

36 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It can sound like whatever you want. You’re one of the biggest players of recency bias I’ve seen on here. Probably have like 7 of 8 teams from last year winning the division again, when that never ever happens.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to discredit what I posted. You keep Loving those INTs!!

This is pointless, again. Baker Mayfield, MVP

See ya!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VanS said:

Tyrod is a decent QB.  Give him elite talent like Dak has and he could be effective.  Look how bad Dak was before Amari then how he suddenly became good overnight.  I'll be interested to see how the Chargers do this season if they really plan on Tyrod being the starter.  They could be better than most think.

With that said, I like Hurts but I'm not super high on him.  He won't be a star QB.  He'll be at best a Dak level QB.  A guy who can perform well with the right pieces around him but will struggle if put in a not so great situation.  He'll be a game manager type who won't lose you games but can't really carry a team on his shoulders to victory. 

So the crux of your argument is that you want a QB whose only going to be successful if they put together elite talent around him?  That's the last type of QB I'm taking.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

So the crux of your argument is that you want a QB whose only going to be successful if they put together elite talent around him?  That's the last type of QB I'm taking.

IMO this is a weak QB class so the pickings are slim.   

17 hours ago, CWood21 said:

So if you believe that you're punting on this year's QB class then.  Not take some terribly flawed QB.

Absolutely.  If I was a team in need of a QB this year I would definitely pass on this year's QB class.  Next year's class will be significantly better.

16 hours ago, VanS said:

Absolutely.  If I was a team in need of a QB this year I would definitely pass on this year's QB class.  Next year's class will be significantly better.

This is terrible logic that can get GMs fired. For all you know you might have a fluky season that knocks you out of the race for a blue-chip QB in 2021.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Elky said:

This is terrible logic that can get GMs fired. For all you know you might have a fluky season that knocks you out of the race for a blue-chip QB.

Then so be it.  That's better than taking a guy who you don't think will be that good and being stuck with him for 4-5 years on a rookie deal.

11 hours ago, VanS said:

Then so be it.  That's better than taking a guy who you don't think will be that good and being stuck with him for 4-5 years on a rookie deal.

No it's not better. Being perpetually stuck in 7-9/8-8 purgatory without a franchise quarterback is the absolute worst thing that can happen to a franchise.

You have no idea if next year's class will be better. For all you know it could easily end up as bad as 2007. It makes far better sense for Cincinnati to draft Burrow and hope for the best in the next four years.

If he doesn't work out, then so be it. Cincinnati will just have to decline his fifth year option and try again. It happens.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, VanS said:

Has Josh Dobbs found a way to enter next years draft?

On your actual point, Burrow and Tua are as good of prospects at the QB position as you will find. Opting not to draft him because maybe Trevor Lawrence grades out 1% better on your board next year is just madness. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

For real? In comparison to what class exactly?  Burrow and Tua are as good of qb prospects that I’ve seen since Luck, both of them.  

Agreed. I’d throw Wentz in there too. 

For me since 2012 (purely prospects, no NFL hindsight) it’s:

1) Lawrence

2) Luck

3) Burrow

4) Tua

5) RGIII

6) Wentz

These are the six I would label “Generational Prospects”. I don’t give that title lightly, and they are super super rare. 

Yes RGIII was a massive whiff, but not even Generational Prospects are a certain endeavor.