Official 2020 QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

I’m glad all the first round QBs went to good situations. 

I feel like Cinci and Miami are going to build around their guys. You see that already with Jackson. 

Chargers are already loaded. Love gets to sit. 

It all worked out for the QBs I’m encouraged in the future of the league 

The Dolphins should have taken Love. He was just sitting there for the double barrel thievery at 26.

Instead of making that visionary move they allowed idiotic conventional wisdom to dictate, trading back for a 4th simply because they had a gap between picks in that range. That is dullard stupidity. Another swing at a quarterback is worth tons more than a cornerback and a 4th.

9 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Herbert is a really book smart kid. He got a 4.0+ as a biology major. A 39 is a lot more believable than a 25. In fact, that's why some people think he's not as good. He thinks too much and is thorough and doesn't act as quickly.

I could believe a 25.  Myron Rolle is an old Titans player at safety.  He took the wonderlic and got a 30 something, which sounds impressive until you hear he was also a Rhodes Scholar and went to medical school at Harvard for neurosurgery after his NFL career was over.  If he tried, he probably could have gotten in the high 40's.

I think most players who know they're gonna get way above the threshold score that teams look for don't take it very seriously.

6 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

The Dolphins should have taken Love. He was just sitting there for the double barrel thievery at 26.

Instead of making that visionary move they allowed idiotic conventional wisdom to dictate, trading back for a 4th simply because they had a gap between picks in that range. That is dullard stupidity. Another swing at a quarterback is worth tons more than a cornerback and a 4th.

They took Tua...

20 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

For the people who actually like Herbert, what do you see in him?

I think he's got the best physical combination of any QB in this draft (combo of arm strength and athleticism). Also, when he's on he's pretty spectacular. 

The issue with him is consistency, which is really tough to overlook, but I think you can rationalize it based on the coaching staff changes and generally poor offensive system put into place by arroyo. He also had a pretty horrendous group of weapons at his disposal. 

I think he's head and shoulders above Eason from a nuance and pocket awareness perspective (he did improve a lot this season when it came to hanging in the pocket), and is a much more natural thrower than Hurts. One thing to keep in mind with him is that he was a 3 sport athlete in high school, so has only been fully focused on football for 4 years. He's likely to become more consistent the longer he is exclusively focused on football. He definitely disappointed at times this year but he definitely has all the tools and mental acumen to be successful.

His potential is sky high but his floor is super low. I think he ended up in a great situation in LA where he finally has solid weapons around him and what I think is a really solid coaching staff. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 8:06 AM, Da_Ducktator said:

When it comes to the people supporting Fromm; how many noodle-armed, college game-managers need to fail for you guys to figure out these guys aren't worth jack?

Jimmy Clausen, Brian Brohm, Matt Barkley, Chase Daniel, Christian Ponder, Luke Falk, Connor Cook, etc.

Some of these guys got drafted high (Ponder, Brohm, Clausen), the others didn't. No matter where Fromm goes though, he has the physical limitations that made these guys absolute nobodies in the NFL. 

The guy isn't starter quality, plain and simple. There is a reason teams take chances all the time on guys with big arms versus guys weak arms. Fromm completed something horrendous like 50% of his passes past the LOS. Miserable number. 

Tries to warn y'all. Fromm has no arm and teams are finally learning not to waste premium picks on that.

• Like 1

Light years the highlight of Day Two was Jake Fromm absolutely engulfed by that brown chair. I couldn't stop laughing. I freeze framed for several minutes at a time every time they cut to that shot.

Was this a middle school draft? That was all I could think about. Fromm was dwarfed by everyone in the room, including the woman sitting next to him. Was that his mom?

No shoulders whatsoever. And who told him to wrap his arms around his torso. That merely added to the insignificance. Jake Fromm should have had arms extended while standing in a room loaded with nothing but gnomes and baby furniture.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 12:45 AM, brownie man said:

I feel like Cinci and Miami are going to build around their guys. You see that already with Jackson. 

Yeah Burrow is going to have some weapons at his disposal with Green, Boyd, Higgins, and Mixon. I just wish that they would've been more aggressive addressing the offensive line. Getting Jonah Williams back will help a lot but overall they're still going to have one of the worst groups in the league. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah Burrow is going to have some weapons at his disposal with Green, Boyd, Higgins, and Mixon. I just wish that they would've been more aggressive addressing the offensive line. Getting Jonah Williams back will help a lot but overall they're still going to have one of the worst groups in the league. 

Those aren't great weapons tbh.

Green was great when healthy. Now, he's old and often injured.

Boyd is a good WR2 but that's it.

Higgins is unproven.

Mixon has been a disappointment. 

17 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Those aren't great weapons tbh.

Green was great when healthy. Now, he's old and often injured.

Boyd is a good WR2 but that's it.

Higgins is unproven.

Mixon has been a disappointment. 

If Green is healthy he should still be pretty solid for them. Boyd is a 1,000+ yard producer. Higgins is unproven but he was a high 2nd round pick and has the makings of a good WR. And Mixon has put up 1,400+ yards for them the last two seasons. Obviously it's not an All-Star supporting cast but it's still some solid pieces around him to lean on as a rookie. Other than Jonah Williams who will be a rookie LT the rest of their OL is abysmal.