Official 2020 QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Green is healthy he should still be pretty solid for them. Boyd is a 1,000+ yard producer. Higgins is unproven but he was a high 2nd round pick and has the makings of a good WR. And Mixon has put up 1,400+ yards for them the last two seasons. Obviously it's not an All-Star supporting cast but it's still some solid pieces around him to lean on as a rookie. Other than Jonah Williams who will be a rookie LT the rest of their OL is abysmal. 

Williams could still be abysmal also. We don’t really know yet.

Been watching quite a few video's on Ben DiNucci. How does this guy not have a draft profile or fly so low under the radar. I was scratching my head wondering how Dallas picked him at first now im scratching it wondering why he wasn't drafted sooner. Has anyone else seen alot of video on this guy? He runs alot like Manziel, throws picture perfect passes with a compact quick release, one of the most natural passers in this class IMO. I mean is he just really bad at reading defenses or something?

Edited by Calvert28

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. So they'll have a rookie LT and 4 other OL that probably wouldn't start on any other team in the league. 

Trey Hopkins is a good center. But yeah, there’s a lot of hope that Jonah Williams can step in and be that guy from day 1. Michael Jordan our 4th rounder started to play better at years end. They also claimed a huge RT in Fred Johnson last year and he looked pretty decent in the games he played. So definitely relying on a lot of progression with little contingency plans. 

25 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Been watching quite a few video's on Ben DiNucci. How does this guy not have a draft profile or fly so low under the radar. I was scratching my head wondering how Dallas picked him at first now im scratching it wondering why he wasn't drafted sooner. Has anyone else seen alot of video on this guy? He runs alot like Manziel, throws picture perfect passes with a compact quick release, one of the most natural passers in this class IMO. I mean is he just really bad at reading defenses or something?

Maybe he improved significant later in his career, but when I watched him with Pitt, he wasn't good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

He's no Broc Rutter

14 hours ago, kramxel said:

Why did Anthony Gordon go undrafted, is it just the Air Raid thing?

Guy looks like he has some pretty good core mechanics.

No idea. Thought for sure we were going to draft him, with his similar release mechanics to Jimmy G. 

He's a bit of a stare-and float QB and I guess coaches thought (knew) NFL DBs would eat him alive

On 4/27/2020 at 12:51 AM, Calvert28 said:

Watching him at Pitt I really didn't see anything that impressive about him. He even lives 20 minutes away from me (went to school with my cousin), and at high school they called him "Benny Football" (like Manziel) but I saw a very average college QB with no real future in the pros.

I'm shocked he made it honestly. I'll be rooting for him though.

Edited by SteelKing728

On 4/26/2020 at 10:01 PM, Counselor said:

Williams could still be abysmal also. We don’t really know yet.

Yeah I didn’t like Williams coming out of Bama. He was just very underwhelming to me and his physical traits left me wondering what kind up upside he had. I don’t think he’ll be horrible, but he was hella overrated last year.