Official 2020 QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 10/18/2019 at 10:27 PM, YogiBiz said:

I mean. He hasn’t been bad against anyone not named named LSU

What? He was bad against Nevada, Wake and Colorado State. He's just another overhyped prospect at this point and I loved him coming into the year. 

Edited by Scalamania

On 10/18/2019 at 9:27 PM, YogiBiz said:

I mean. He hasn’t been bad against anyone not named named LSU

He hasn't been great.  Even if you're throwing out that LSU game, he's completing 61% of his passes with 7 TD passes and 6 interceptions.  You watch him and he has a bad habit of staring down his receivers, and when they're not initially open you see a double-clutch.  The tools are interesting, but you're wanting to see more production especially coming out of a non-P5 conference.  Kinda weirdly reminds me of Tarvaris Jackson.

48 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

What? He was bad against Nevada, Wake and Colorado State. He's just another overhyped prospect at this point and I loved him coming into the year. 

You're drafting the tools.  If you thought he was a Day 1 pick, you were doing that based on the tools and and hoping that the production matched.  He'll get overdrafted like QBs do every year, but that's a Day 2 pick at it's earliest.

11 hours ago, -Hope- said:

what do folks think of eason? clearly some impressive arm talent but i don't have a grasp on the rest of his game

He has great arm and good mobility too. I don't know if he is a rah-rah type of a leader but he is a little aloof ala Cutler like. Some teams could not like that during interviews at combine.

On 10/20/2019 at 11:36 PM, CWood21 said:

He hasn't been great.  Even if you're throwing out that LSU game, he's completing 61% of his passes with 7 TD passes and 6 interceptions.  You watch him and he has a bad habit of staring down his receivers, and when they're not initially open you see a double-clutch.  The tools are interesting, but you're wanting to see more production especially coming out of a non-P5 conference.  Kinda weirdly reminds me of Tarvaris Jackson.

I kind of get that vibe too. Love might be a little more accurate though. The lack of talent doesn't help though.

He needs to sit a year I think. I doubt he'd be ready to open the season as a starter being a rookie.

7 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Why would he stay? Bush Hamadan has not proven to develop any QBs. He’s likely a top 15 pick if he leaves.

I doubt it but we say that every year and a QB always seems to inexplicably go too high.  If he puts it together for another season he could be a top-3 pick.  

9 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

I doubt it but we say that every year and a QB always seems to inexplicably go too high.  If he puts it together for another season he could be a top-3 pick.  

Yeah, I'm not feeling the Eason love either.  I'd be cool taking him bottom of the first or early second, but no sooner.