Official 2020 QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

4 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

If John Robinson stays in Tennessee and they don't get an upgrade in free agency I'd be SHOCKED if they didn't go Hurts. 

He most likely thinks like Josh McDaniels and they got their Powerback bruiser. 

god, just kill me now. going on 20 years of this watching this franchise draft quarterbacks that can't throw a goddamn pass

37 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

god, just kill me now. going on 20 years of this watching this franchise draft quarterbacks that can't throw a goddamn pass

McDaniels went Tebow lol if it takes you on 3 playoff runs it's worth the pick. QBs pick 20 on that's all you're looking for. 

And McNair left in 05 no? hes my favorite qb of all time. 

On 11/6/2019 at 8:23 AM, thebestever6 said:

There's a trend going on in the NFL that started in 2010 with TIM TEBOW. Josh McDaniels was a trend setter if that makes sense.

-He was a bust but he opened the leagues eyes of how to view the qb position which is disposable after 6 years ala rb.

- 2011 Cam Newton followed that trend Colin Kaepernick same thing.

- 2012 Luck and Russell Wilson followed that trend Wilson is just a miracle worker.

-2015 Marcus Mariota bust but same premise just at #2 gooo.

-2016 Carson Wentz Fitz that playstyle so does DaK Prescott.  Lynch was supposed to be that but he was a bussssttt. 

- 2017 Watson has this same mold hes MJ esque though.

- 2018 Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen fit this mold. Baker does to an extent.

Like it or not QB is becoming the rb position when taking the long game approach.  The days of a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady like career look to have fallen by the Wayside. 

Unless,,, you're a true #1 pick Patrick Mahomes in 2017 bas a case.

The goal Of winning organizations is never to get a franchise qb that's a fan myth.  The goal of a team is to have a top 10 game manager ability at the position for a minimum of 6 years.

Why shouldn't teams go this route? Finding a Manning or Brady are next to impossible. It's better for teams to have QB who gives them a window to win on rookie contract than a guy who will never develop to a Elite QB

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Classic said:

Why shouldn't teams go this route? Finding a Manning or Brady are next to impossible. It's better for teams to have QB who gives them a window to win on rookie contract than a guy who will never develop to a Elite QB

I agree lol all I'm doing is pointing out a trend.

QB is being more devalued than RB in the draft. But.... they hold their value more second contract time.

Like if Dak was tagged and traded for 2 seconds it wouldn't surprise me. Dallas might go round 2 QB, And go Tackle, or Zekes replacement franchise rb because Pollard is more change of pace.

On 11/6/2019 at 1:47 PM, CWood21 said:

There's a reason why Lock fell to the 2nd round...

Just looking at his game against Cal this year. Definitely has not looked like a first round pick so far in this game.Saw maybe 2 good throws in the first half.

On 11/6/2019 at 1:47 PM, CWood21 said:

There's a reason why Lock fell to the 2nd round...

And there's a reason Kaepernick fell, Carr fell, Andy Dalton fell, Bridgewater fell, Lamar Jackson Fell, Dak Prescott fell, Tom Brady Fell, Brett Favre Fell, Russell Wilson fell, Kirk Cousin fell, Joe Montana Fell, Jimmy Garoppolo fell. 

My fingers are getting tired. Teams value a guy who can become a top 15 game manager in an offense there's no reason Locks floor is a Jake Plummers in this offense. 

Edited by thebestever6

55 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Serious question to everyone in this thread what number 1 pick, or top 3 since Peyton Manning that plays quarterback have saved a Franchise?

I can name like 5 or 6 Eli had a crappy tail to his career so I'm borderline on him. 2 superbowls are two superbowls though.

Luck in 2012, Stafford in 2009(He was the best QB in that draft), Cam Newton. All I would say were a successful for their rookie contract and into their 2nd. Stafford issues are more to due with the Lions ineptitude. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Classic said:

Luck in 2012, Stafford in 2009(He was the best QB in that draft), Cam Newton. All I would say were a successful for their rookie contract and into their 2nd. Stafford issues are more to due with the Lions ineptitude. 

I agree withhhhh all your options. It's a shame Luck had such a poop gm.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Serious question to everyone in this thread what number 1 pick, or top 3 since Peyton Manning that plays quarterback have saved a Franchise?

I can name like 5 or 6 Eli had a crappy tail to his career so I'm borderline on him. 2 superbowls are two superbowls though.

I know people give all the credit to McVay, but the Rams hadn't made the playoffs since 2004 and hadn't had a winning record since 2003 when they selected Goff #1 overall in 2016. In his second year, they went 11-5 and to the playoffs. In his third year, they went 13-3 and to the Super Bowl.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

know people give all the credit to McVay

Goff and Wentz have legitimate cases.  

Aaron Donald And Fletcher Cox have just as big as a role as saving those organizations. Though.

As well as Jason Kelce the Center guy has been top 3 in the league a majority of his contract. 

Edited by thebestever6

29 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Goff and Wentz have legitimate cases.  

Aaron Donald And Fletcher Cox have just as big as a role as saving those organizations. Though.

As well as Jason Kelce the Center guy has been top 3 in the league a majority of his contract. 

I love AD as much as the next guy, but we drafted him in 2014.