Official 2020 QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's certainly an interesting take.

Yep and not saying I’ll be right or that I’m some great guru because I’ve clearly been wrong and unlike some others I can admit when I am and not come up with a list of excuses. But based on my evaluations of the QBs in this draft so far this is where I have him.

Just now, Counselor said:

Yep and not saying I’ll be right or that I’m some great guru because I’ve clearly been wrong and unlike some others I can admit when I am and not come up with a list of excuses. But based on my evaluations of the QBs in this draft so far this is where I have him.

Are you that high on him or that low on everyone else?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Are you that high on him or that low on everyone else?

I’d say a little mix of both. I think he has potential. I see some Watson elements to his game. Obviously didn’t come close to producing like Watson or have the accolades of him but I see some real moldable traits. At the same time I do not really see anything special in the QBs in this class outside of Burrow and Tua. Hurts has the leadership and the IT factor to possibly be something. And he may end up my number 3. Im still watching film constantly and we still have some bowl games to play and the combine and all that. So I’ll be adjusting rankings accordingly. 

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’d say a little mix of both. I think he has potential. I see some Watson elements to his game. Obviously didn’t come close to producing like Watson or have the accolades of him but I see some real moldable traits. At the same time I do not really see anything special in the QBs in this class outside of Burrow and Tua. Hurts has the leadership and the IT factor to possibly be something. And he may end up my number 3. Im still watching film constantly and we still have some bowl games to play and the combine and all that. So I’ll be adjusting rankings accordingly. 

Not sure I see the Deshaun Watson.  Deshaun Watson was Clemson's offense, where as Huntley played within the Utah offense.  I'm not sure there's much more a quality backup in Huntley.  He's never been the focal point of an offense, and if we're being honest Zack Moss is the reason why Utah's offense is successful.  I get being lukewarm on the QBs not named Tua or Burrow, but not sure Huntley is the way I'd go.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Not sure I see the Deshaun Watson.  Deshaun Watson was Clemson's offense, where as Huntley played within the Utah offense.  I'm not sure there's much more a quality backup in Huntley.  He's never been the focal point of an offense, and if we're being honest Zack Moss is the reason why Utah's offense is successful.  I get being lukewarm on the QBs not named Tua or Burrow, but not sure Huntley is the way I'd go.

We will see

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

I have Tyler Huntley as QB3 this coming from the guy who had Baker as QB1 and Haskins QB1 so take it for what you will...

Whoa now, this is a take I absolutely do not like.  Athletic ability out the wazoo, but I don't think there's much to like about his arm.

And this is coming from a guy who had...*checks notes*...Rosen and Haskins as QB1.  Oh God.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Whoa now, this is a take I absolutely do not like.  Athletic ability out the wazoo, but I don't think there's much to like about his arm.

And this is coming from a guy who had...*checks notes*...Rosen and Haskins as QB1.  Oh God.

It’s not for others to like. 

I think Eason declares. The team around him at Washington is going to lose two valuable, important starting OL at LT and C, WRs were a mess this year and at least one is a senior, as well as his TE leaving. He’s already shown he can still make plays with limited talent around him and the raw talent at QB is there. Not sure what else he’d prove by going back. He’s already 22 and will finish his rookie year 23 as a QB who is I assume is widely regarded as QB who needs to sit, learn and be coached up for at least a year. Beyond all that, for me personally, the QB 3 spot in this draft is up in the air, with a good pre-draft season he could claim that spot and likely a place in the 1st.