Official 2020 QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

Is Jordan Love worth a top 20 draft pick? I could honestly see the Raiders pulling a similar move to what KC did a few years back. Drafting Mahomes with Smith already on the roster. If Mayock/Gruden like Love I could see us selecting him despite having Carr on the roster. 

17 hours ago, Drained said:

So Tua declaring means he probably gets the impression he's gonna go top 15? I remember reading hes still gonna declare if he finds out that's the plan.

He's going to Miami or a team will trade up with the Giants/Lions to leapfrog him. He's going top 5.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

Can’t wait for Fromm to prove everyone wrong 

He has a lot of explaining to do about that Auburn game, the Texas A&M game and especially the Kentucky game not to mention the LSU game as well was nothing great.  Sure his receivers at times were not very good but his OL is very good and he has a stack of RBs always helping out.  The kid could be a fine 2nd round pick, if anyone takes him top 10 it is a mistake just like taking Jalen Hurts top 10 would be.  He simply does not have that kind of arm talent but if given time to be a backup and develop he could maybe become something down the road.  

A lot of things to like about his character and leadership ability, but a ton of things to dislike about his overall arm talent in general.  I thought he was going to return to Georgia honestly and maybe try to actually accomplish something in terms of getting into the playoff and or win a SEC title but I guess not, especially after having such a so so year like he has had this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

He has a lot of explaining to do about that Auburn game, the Texas A&M game and especially the Kentucky game not to mention the LSU game as well was nothing great.  Sure his receivers at times were not very good but his OL is very good and he has a stack of RBs always helping out.  The kid could be a fine 2nd round pick, if anyone takes him top 10 it is a mistake just like taking Jalen Hurts top 10 would be.  He simply does not have that kind of arm talent but if given time to be a backup and develop he could maybe become something down the road.  

A lot of things to like about his character and leadership ability, but a ton of things to dislike about his overall arm talent in general.  I thought he was going to return to Georgia honestly and maybe try to actually accomplish something in terms of getting into the playoff and or win a SEC title but I guess not, especially after having such a so so year like he has had this season.

And the SC game...

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 1:18 AM, NYRaider said:

Is Jordan Love worth a top 20 draft pick? I could honestly see the Raiders pulling a similar move to what KC did a few years back. Drafting Mahomes with Smith already on the roster. If Mayock/Gruden like Love I could see us selecting him despite having Carr on the roster. 

Nope. Not worth a top-20 pick unless he proves otherwise. I watched a lot of his games this year and came back underwhelmed. He can make a splashy throw every once in a while, but Love seems to be much more Paxton Lynch than Patrick Mahomes in my book.

Mahomes was a first-round prospect all the way. Unreal production, unreal tools, and QB character. Not sure about Love's QB character, he didn't seem like a ra-ra leader guy or a smoldering intensity on the field type either. He has above average tools, possibly top-10 starting QB tools. But he doesn't read the field at all. And he has Josh Allen moments with his accuracy, where it's more shotgun than rifle. Not as mobile as Allen to make up for it, either.

However, we may learn a lot more on Love as the draft process continues. If he aces interviews and I hear glowing reports about his work ethic/character, then I'll believe. Because for me, I avoid looking at tools-guys as first-round prospects unless they either have good production against good competition, fantastic production against mediocre competition, or the character and intelligence that makes me believe they will work hard enough to develop and understand enough to actually do so.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

As of right now, with the scouting I've done, my rankings are:

1: Burrow

2: Tua

3: Herbert

4: Eason

5: Hurts

6: Fromm

7: Love

8: Newman

9: Montez

Jamie Newman?  He is in the transfer portal so pretty sure that is a sign he is not declaring early for the draft.  Also Love is a much better long term talent and has far superior arm talent than Jalen Hurts, Jalen has him in terms of toughness and leadership sure but Love could throw circles around Jalen Hurts.  Shea Patterson is pretty damn good and arguably the best passer on the run in motion of anyone on this list.  

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Where will Jacob Eason be selected? 

Somewhere between the 1st pick and the 256th pick.  But realistically, his range is anywhere from the back end of the top 10 to the end of Day 2.  There's no real consensus on him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Somewhere between the 1st pick and the 256th pick.  But realistically, his range is anywhere from the back end of the top 10 to the end of Day 2.  There's no real consensus on him.

There's a chance that he could go top 10? I've only seen one game and some highlights but he seems to have a cannon arm. Who would you take? Jordan Love or Eason? For the Raiders who need a developmental QB behind Carr.

Just now, NYRaider said:

There's a chance that he could go top 10? I've only seen one game and some highlights but he seems to have a cannon arm. Who would you take? Jordan Love or Eason? For the Raiders who need a developmental QB behind Carr.

I mean, in theory anyone can go top 10.  Right now, Joe Burrow and Tua (assuming medicals are clean) are clearly cemented ahead of him.  You can probably put Justin Herbert ahead of him to if you're going with the consensus, but beyond that there isn't any real consensus on how that next tier breaks out.  You've got people who are firmly in Jalen Hurts' camp, you've got those that like Jordan Love, etc.  Personally, I think Jacob Eason is the next best of that tier, but he's not someone who is a plug 'n play starter.  Really think he needs at least a year on the bench, but I like his arm talent.

• Like 2