Official 2020 QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 2/1/2020 at 10:40 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

*Hot take* Ryan Stanley is an NFL caliber QB

I would have to watch more, but the tape I have watched of him vs UCF this year has been absolutely dreadful. His teammates are extremely overmatched which doesn’t help, but he has looked just as lost. 

21 hours ago, winitall said:

I would have to watch more, but the tape I have watched of him vs UCF this year has been absolutely dreadful. His teammates are extremely overmatched which doesn’t help, but he has looked just as lost. 

I wouldn't put much stock into one game,  FAMU was so far over matched, first game jitters, he obviously settled down and took to them to one of the best seasons they've ever had. He has some tools, I can see him being a guy coming into one of those preseason games and flashing.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

People that (for whatever inexplicable reason) like Jordan Love as a prospect.  What's a game of his from this season that I should watch a review of to show me why you think he's a good prospect?  I rewatched the WF game and came away liking him even less than I did before with that fresh in my mind, and want to do my due diligence if the Titans take him and I have to turn around and say I was wrong, and he's awesome and here's why.

On 2/10/2020 at 2:36 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

He can be cleared all he wants. Fact is, he's battled injuries his entire time at Bama and while his hip may be healed, a fractured hip isn't as good as  non-fractured hip. This dude is a huge risk. Has a ton of talent but if college kids are injuring him, gotta think of what the NFL will do to him.

17 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

He can be cleared all he wants. Fact is, he's battled injuries his entire time at Bama and while his hip may be healed, a fractured hip isn't as good as  non-fractured hip. This dude is a huge risk. Has a ton of talent but if college kids are injuring him, gotta think of what the NFL will do to him.

What is your QB Rankings? Sounds like you hate all of them not named Burrow. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

What is your QB Rankings? Sounds like you hate all of them not named Burrow. 

Yeah, that's about it. This class sucks. Tua would be a good prospect if he wasn't made of glass. Eason might be my number 2 by default? I dunno. If you like Love there's really nothing not to like about Eason. He's Love minus a little mobility but better upside who didn't look terrible one year he played.

If I'm ranking off the top of my head:

Burrow

Eason, Tua (strictly bc of injuries), Herbert, Fromm

Love, Gordon, Montez

Probably something like that. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Yeah, that's about it. This class sucks. Tua would be a good prospect if he wasn't made of glass. Eason might be my number 2 by default? I dunno. If you like Love there's really nothing not to like about Eason. He's Love minus a little mobility but better upside who didn't look terrible one year he played.

If I'm ranking off the top of my head:

Burrow

Eason, Tua (strictly bc of injuries), Herbert, Fromm

Love, Gordon, Montez

Probably something like that. 

Eason throws non stop fast balls, has little touch ability, panics under pressure, and has below average pocket presence. 

Love uses touch extremely well on passes when he needs to, great pocket presence, and he’s mobile. 

They are in completely different tiers to me. Love is a project. Eason is a hail marry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Eason throws non stop fast balls, has little touch ability, panics under pressure, and has below average pocket presence. 

Love uses touch extremely well on passes when he needs to, great pocket presence, and he’s mobile. 

They are in completely different tiers to me. Love is a project. Eason is a hail marry.

Does he use touch passes with all those INTs? You're really underselling Eason to make your guy sound better and that's fine. Bias does that. Eason is bigger, stronger, has a better arm, better vision, better mental state, performed substantially better against much better competition, and while not as mobile as Love, he's still mobile. Love has better touch yes, pocket presence isn't much better if at all. 

IMO, swap the descriptions and you are right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

On 2/10/2020 at 5:58 PM, Daniel said:

People that (for whatever inexplicable reason) like Jordan Love as a prospect.  What's a game of his from this season that I should watch a review of to show me why you think he's a good prospect?

!

20 hours ago, Daniel said:
22 hours ago, BayRaider said:

On 2/10/2020 at 4:58 PM, Daniel said:

People that (for whatever inexplicable reason) like Jordan Love as a prospect.  What's a game of his from this season that I should watch a review of to show me why you think he's a good prospect?

!

I like Jordan Love as a prospect. But I was very clear in some of my previous posts that I wouldn't take him in the 1st round. 

Many of his supporters are looking at the 2018 season and discounting the 2019 season due to his losing the entire coaching staff that offseason. If you are a stickler for this past season, he played well during the bowl game against Kent State. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Does he use touch passes with all those INTs? You're really underselling Eason to make your guy sound better and that's fine. Bias does that. Eason is bigger, stronger, has a better arm, better vision, better mental state, performed substantially better against much better competition, and while not as mobile as Love, he's still mobile. Love has better touch yes, pocket presence isn't much better if at all. 

IMO, swap the descriptions and you are right. 

Eason is no where close to Love in Pocket Presence. Eason is Carr to a T in the pocket. 

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Eason is no where close to Love in Pocket Presence. Eason is Carr to a T in the pocket. 

Hey, that's your opinion. I feel he's on par with Love but that's fine. Eason still checks more boxes IMO and I wouldn't consider him a first round pick at all

Edited by JTagg7754

20 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

I like Jordan Love as a prospect. But I was very clear in some of my previous posts that I wouldn't take him in the 1st round. 

Many of his supporters are looking at the 2018 season and discounting the 2019 season due to his losing the entire coaching staff that offseason. If you are a stickler for this past season, he played well during the bowl game against Kent State. 

No one with any logical ability to scout players would take him in the first but unfortunately (for someone hopefully not the Raiders) the market will make it happen. It's a terrible class and he's high on people's lists for some reason. Everyone has potential but most who pan out don't 💩 the bed against awful competition like Love did. 

The one thing I can't wrap my mind around is why people think a guy who couldn't read MWC defenses will be able to do it in the NFL. Reading defenses is one of the concepts of playing QB people learn from the very beginning. He should at least somewhat grasp it by now but looking at last year, it's clear as day that he hasn't

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 1