Official 2020 QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

1 hour ago, Danger said:

It's definitely seeming like the lowest we'll see Love go at this point is 13 to the Colts.

God I hope so.

I'm doubtful that we see four QBs in the top half of round one though.  They'll fall a little bit as other prospects rise and holes get poked in them at the combine and after.

On 2/14/2020 at 11:49 AM, Danger said:

Setting the O/U on first round QBs this year at 4.5

Definitely under.  We've only had one class where we had 5+ QBs go in the first round since 2000.  Before that, you have to go back to 1999 the last time we saw 5+ QBs go in the first round.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Definitely under.  We've only had one class where we had 5+ QBs go in the first round since 2000.  Before that, you have to go back to 1999 the last time we saw 5+ QBs go in the first round.

Yeah, this hype will die down after the combine, when multiple day 2 prospects blow up the measurables and have teams push them up to the upper first round.

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, this hype will die down after the combine, when multiple day 2 prospects blow up the measurables and have teams push them up to the upper first round.

Exactly. There aren't that many QB starved teams and this draft looks like it'll have plenty of other first round talent to spring up. Never say never but I'd take the under.

On 2/14/2020 at 12:49 PM, Danger said:

It's definitely seeming like the lowest we'll see Love go at this point is 13 to the Colts.

Setting the O/U on first round QBs this year at 4.5

Well only two deserve it and arguably one based on the other's injury history especially when he said last night "give me a whole year to rest up" b/c that says a lot to me. QBs get overdrafted every year though so I anticipate this year will be no different

Edited by JTagg7754

Tua said his dream landing spot is the Dallas Cowboys, and that he'd "be willing to learn under [Dak Prescott]." This isn't a likely scenario by any means at this point, but man, it would be crazy if the Boys tagged Dak and then traded up for Tua to get healthy and learn for a year under Dak, allowing Prescott to walk to the highest bidder following the season. The Cowboys would gain a comp pick and much more desirable cap situation following the 2020 season, as well as a potential upgrade at QB.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102618/article/tua-tagovailoa-reveals-ideal-scenario-updates-rehab%3FnetworkId%3D4595%26site%3D.news%26zone%3Dstory%26zoneUrl%3Durl%3Dstory%26zoneKeys%3Ds1%3Dstory%26env%3D%26pageKeyValues%3Dprtnr%3Daround-the-league%3Bteam%3Ddal%3Bconf%3Dnfc%3Bdvsn%3Dnce%3Bplyr%3Drayne_prescott%26p.ct%3DAround%2Bthe%2BNFL%26p.adsm%3Dtrue%26p.tcm%3D%23fff%26p.bgc1m%3D%230964bf%26p.bgc2m%3D%23053a74%26sr%3Damp&ved=2ahUKEwjw4t6S4-LnAhVLhOAKHfn2AtkQ0PADegQIARAN&usg=AOvVaw05JLvrxgs9K3dTOmLn7zFn&ampcf=1

49 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Tua said his dream landing spot is the Dallas Cowboys, and that he'd "be willing to learn under [Dak Prescott]." This isn't a likely scenario by any means at this point, but man, it would be crazy if the Boys tagged Dak and then traded up for Tua to get healthy and learn for a year under Dak, allowing Prescott to walk to the highest bidder following the season. The Cowboys would gain a comp pick and much more desirable cap situation following the 2020 season, as well as a potential upgrade at QB.

Bama player and Cowboys fan? Terrible life choices.....

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This is extremely eye-opening. Jalen Hurts is a lot more accurate than many of us believed. Good against pressure and on critical downs, as well. Herbert's accuracy issues have been overblown. Eason is going to be a huge project. Love has big-time turnover issues, but we all knew that. Not very good against pressure, either. Jake Fromm... Yikes. Tua threw very few interceptable passes, but the rate at which he threw passes behind the line of scrimmage is also significantly higher than anyone else (64 of 232 passing attempts). He was super clutch, though. Burrow is fantastic across the board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

@BayRaider over here knocking Justin Herbert for being Josh Allen. Jordan Love and Jacob Eason are literally both Josh Allen prospect clones.

Love and Eason play absolutely nothing like Allen and do not have his skillset. I don’t box score scout. Just because I don’t think Herbert is a 1st Round talent doesn’t mean I hate him. I just think think he’s seriously over valued as a prospect. Like #6 to the Chargers is over-the-top ridiculous.