Official 2020 QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

7 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I've been trying to tell people this. It's not his accuracy that's the issue...

I know. It's just like Drew Lock last year, where people were acting like he's wildly inaccurate when, in reality, the data says his accuracy was average at worst, very good beyond 10 yards, and excellent under pressure. Herbert is similar where people say that he can't complete a forward pass, but in reality he throws a very catchable ball and does a lot of things better than the majority of prospects in this class.

19 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I've been trying to tell people this. It's not his accuracy that's the issue...

His problem is he's a 1 read QB who stares down his receivers, rarely going to his 2nd read, and almost never knowing when to take the checkdown or going beyond his 2nd read on the rare moments he looks at his 2nd read.

8 hours ago, Danger said:

His problem is he's a 1 read QB who stares down his receivers, rarely going to his 2nd read, and almost never knowing when to take the checkdown or going beyond his 2nd read on the rare moments he looks at his 2nd read.

He's no where near the 1-read QB people are making him out to be. He usually goes through progressions fine. His issue is not understanding defensive concepts and getting picked off by a zone. Easily correctable.

23 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

If people think this dude is worth a first round pick, they need to reevaluate their perception on everything. 3rd at best

Cool, you must be soooo much smarter than Daniel Jeremiah. DJ released a new Top 50 today with Love at 18. and Herbert at 22. And he said the combine, his Upper Tier Prospects end at 18 with Love and there is a noticeable drop off after that. So much smarter than DJ though! Not saying DJ is the holy grail, I disagree with quite a bit of his stuff, but Love is almost a universal 1st Round Prospect and you are preaching your opinion like it's above everyone else. "Need to reevaluate their perception". Phrases like this are garbage and trying to act like your opinion is King.

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Cool, you must be soooo much smarter than Daniel Jeremiah. DJ released a new Top 50 today with Love at 18. and Herbert at 22. And he said the combine, his Upper Tier Prospects end at 18 with Love and there is a noticeable drop off after that. So much smarter than DJ though! Not saying DJ is the holy grail, I disagree with quite a bit of his stuff, but Love is almost a universal 1st Round Prospect and you are preaching your opinion like it's above everyone else. "Need to reevaluate their perception". Phrases like this are garbage and trying to act like your opinion is King.

I've been right where he's been wrong many times and vice-versa. I don't act like my opinion is King either. I'm sorry you can't accept it's just an opinion. We go through this 💩 every year. 

Everyone: "OMG Manziel is amazing"

Me: "No, he's really not"

Everyone: "OMG you don't know anything"

You keep using people's opinions to validate yours. I'll keep watching him throw awful INTs against trash competition. Bias is a terrible thing

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

I've been right where he's been wrong many times and vice-versa. I don't act like my opinion is King either. I'm sorry you can't accept it's just an opinion. We go through this 💩 every year. 

Everyone: "OMG Manziel is amazing"

Me: "No, he's really not"

Everyone: "OMG you don't know anything"

You keep using people's opinions to validate yours. I'll keep watching him throw awful INTs against trash competition. Bias is a terrible thing

The difference here is I am not treating my opinion as it's above anyone else. You are constantly indirectly insulting everyone who has a high opinion on Love with your comments. If you have a negative opinion on Love, I'm totally fine with that! But you constantly make posts like "Anyone who likes Love..." and "People need to re-evaluate their opinion" etc etc. It's gross and trash. Your opinion is not king.

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The difference here is I am not treating my opinion as it's above anyone else. You are constantly indirectly insulting everyone who has a high opinion on Love with your comments. If you have a negative opinion on Love, I'm totally fine with that! But you constantly make posts like "Anyone who likes Love..." and "People need to re-evaluate their opinion" etc etc. It's gross and trash. Your opinion is not king.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Emotions are a tough thing to contain sometimes. Oh look, he threw another INT 🙂 must've been his teammates fault again

Edited by JTagg7754

Man Fromm made a terrible decision to declare early.   Ironically, Georgia getting Jamie Newman, probably got a blessing in disguise.   But that was a historically bad workout for a guy whose film clearly had major Q's, and whose tool/skill analysis said he was a marginal starter candidate.  Forget being the 4th-5th QB off the board now IMO.   He could easily be a Day 3 / UDFA guy now.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1