Prediction: QB Dwayne Haskins will shatter the rookie record with 30+ passing TD's.

aceinthehouse

(Knock on wood this time, for an injury free season)

As you know, I predicted RB D. Guice would rush for 2000 yards last season (2018) and that didn't quite work out. He tore his ACL in Pre Season & then we later signed HOF RB Adrian Peterson to be our starter. 

So the 2000 yards isn't gonna happen this season with Guice, with our RB committee now. Not only did we re-sign Peterson, but we drafted rookie RB Bryce Love out of Stanford University.

But let me tell you, what is gonna happen this 2019 Season.

Rookie QB Dwayne Haskins is gonna throw 30 passing TD's this season & shatter QB Baker Mayfield's record of 27 just done last season.

Now, as premature as this may all sound. Let me tell you the 3 main reasons why I'm even considering this as a possibility!

#1)Haskins pre snap reads are off the charts. He can dissect a defense before the snap in what coverage they are in, what blitzing packages they are using & can fool the Safeties on play fakes & mis direction.

#2)The Offensive Line was already good, when healthy. It's about to become even better. Haskins has a Dan Marino quick like release. Yes, he doesn't move around very much with his legs, so he's had to use his quick reads & anticipation to make up for that. His arm strength is excellent, but his quick release is crazy good. This will make what is a good Offensive Line, look even better. Some believe a good Offensive Line, makes a great QB. But others like myself, believe a great QB with quick release & ability to find the open target makes the Offensive Line look better than what it really is.

#3)The Redskins defense is about to become very special. What the Redskins have done in FA & draft over the last 3 seasons, is about to makes a name for itself. Now it did take a hit with the Rueben Foster injury, but not enough to make me believe it won't be crazy good this season. I say Defense because your about to witness one of the best turnover creating defenses, you've seen in years. I'm talking INT's, Sacks & caused fumbles. The ability to stop the run, etc. I believe this so much, that this is partly why I'm predicting what I am. That the Offense will simply have more opportunities to score, than what an average defense would give them.

And this is why I'm predicting Haskins to pass for 30 TD's or more in his rookie campaign. I also believe, that this will result in Redskins having an 11-5 season.

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

And this is why I'm predicting Haskins to pass for 30 TD's or more in his rookie campaign. I also believe, that this will result in Redskins having an 11-5 season.

Is there a reason you're sure that he's going to begin the season as the starter? 

20 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Is there a reason you're sure that he's going to begin the season as the starter? 

I believe he will , although the possibility of Case starting is possible.

I think Gruden is on the hot seat as coach & both QB's are learning the playbook in their 1st season here.

It will be interesting what decision they make, in that regard.

31 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Lol 🤩

Oops

Dwayne

Oh well, I got to leave it. No editing here.

Can a moderator?

34 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

There it is.

Can you change the title? 

10 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I believe he will , although the possibility of Case starting is possible.

I think Gruden is on the hot seat as coach & both QB's are learning the playbook in their 1st season here.

It will be interesting what decision they make, in that regard.

Gruden's seat may not be hot, but it's at least warm. I would think that would steer him more towards Keenum to begin with. Depends on how quickly Haskins adapts. As you pointed out, a big part of his game is his savvy--and that may take a while to get to a pro level (if it happens at all). 

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Can a moderator?

Can you change the title? 

Gruden's seat may not be hot, but it's at least warm. I would think that would steer him more towards Keenum to begin with. Depends on how quickly Haskins adapts. As you pointed out, a big part of his game is his savvy--and that may take a while to get to a pro level (if it happens at all). 

Ok

I fixed the error, in his name.

For some odd reason, I always felt there was an "e" after the "D". IE "DeWayne"

Anyways, I fixed it. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Ok

I fixed the error, in his name.

For some odd reason, I always felt there was an "e" after the "D". IE "DeWayne"

Anyways, I fixed it. 

Cool. Do you think Haskins will be the best of the first round guys? 

You're like the JLC (Jason La Canfora) of this Site. Throw enough Crap against the wall , something is bound to stick eventually! This way when I scream to the world who was right, you'll forget the Dozen egregious reports that needed toliet paper. 

Never change Ace, never change!

• Like 1