The cut to 53

Wyld Stallyns

Tomorrow by 4 EST teams need to make the cut from 90 to 53. That includes placing players on PUP to start the season (as we are expecting for S Clayton Geathers). In order for a player to be placed on PUP they would've had to be on the preseason PUP list. As of now Luck and Geathers are the only players left on that list. 

I've also seen Mike Chappell retweet someone that has a source saying that RB Josh Ferguson was going to be waived/injured (essentially going to IR if he clears). 

12 noon EST is the deadline for waiver claims and from there teams can start signing players to their Practice Squad. 

I figured I would at the least get the topic up that way tomorrow I can just edit this post with the list and respond with tweets about cuts/IR/Trades/waiver claims etc

Cuts 

- ILB Sean Spence, QB Phillip Walker, WR Bug Howard, OLB Akeem Ayers 

Waived/Injured

- RB Josh Ferguson (ribs) 

Trades

- WR Phillip Dorsett to NE for QB Jacoby Brissett 

As I have said from the start of the PUP questions...if Luck will play at least a half of a game in week 6, he is going to be working with the team. 

As far as the trade....lol at the .com idiocy. Fans there have 95% trashed Dorsett and Grigs for picking him....and now 95% are whining that we got fleeced. Good god there are some idiots posting over there. Natson dropped the rock 3 times. In life, you make that mistake once in the most important exhibition of your career, you get it right and make sure you don't do that again. It happens a second time, you damned well make sure. 3rd time? 

I don't know why Dorsett was let go because he had potential, but it could be that he simply could not grasp and follow the play book. Perhaps some of those times he was open he did not even run the right route? We'll see how he develops with NE. 

I think this was Ayers last shot with us. Walker is likely headed for the CFL. 

http://m.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-Announce-Final-2017-Roster-Cuts/5dc30820-9391-401e-8bdd-40852df5769e

The following players were waived:
- CB Dante Blackmonicon-article-link.gif
- DT Josh Boydicon-article-link.gif
- WR Marvin Bracyicon-article-link.gif
- WR Fred Brownicon-article-link.gif
- T Fahn Coopericon-article-link.gif
- S Tyson Graham Jr.icon-article-link.gif
- S Lee Hightowericon-article-link.gif

- WR Bug Howardicon-article-link.gif
- TE Henry Krieger-Cobleicon-article-link.gif
- WR Justice Ligginsicon-article-link.gif
- RB De'Mard Llorens
- DT T.Y. McGillicon-article-link.gif
- WR JoJo Natsonicon-article-link.gif
- DT David Parryicon-article-link.gif
- RB Troymaine Popeicon-article-link.gif
- G Adam Redmondicon-article-link.gif
- WR Brian Rileyicon-article-link.gif

- ILB Darnell Sankeyicon-article-link.gif
- WR Valdez Showersicon-article-link.gif
- OLB Garrett Sickelsicon-article-link.gif
- DE Jhaustin Thomasicon-article-link.gif
- T Arturo Uzdavinisicon-article-link.gif
- G Terran Vaughnicon-article-link.gif
- QB Phillip Walkericon-article-link.gif
- S Andrew Williamsonicon-article-link.gif
- T Andrew Wylieicon-article-link.gif

The following players were waived with an injury designation. If they clear waivers, then they revert to the Colts' Injured Reserve list:
- RB Josh Fergusonicon-article-link.gif
- S Tyvis Powellicon-article-link.gif

The following vested veterans were released:
- OLB Akeem Ayersicon-article-link.gif
- OLB Lavar Edwardsicon-article-link.gif
- RB Daryl Richardsonicon-article-link.gif
- ILB Sean Spenceicon-article-link.gif
- CB Corey Whiteicon-article-link.gif

The following players were placed on Injured Reserve:
- CB Chris Cullivericon-article-link.gif
- ILB Edwin Jacksonicon-article-link.gif
- S Earl Wolff IV

PUP 

S Clayton Geathers

Kelly remaining looks good for short term outlook. Pope must not be able to pass protect...my guess? Parry was gone anyway, and Stewart may become  one of the better picks of that draft. McGill was serviceable, but Ballard is expecting more. Frankly...I like it. So far, signing Spence looks like the only oops....and it was a small oops. 

Archived