What's your "I was at that game!" game(s)?

MikeT14

I saw Teddy Bridgewater throw his first TD pass against Buffalo in 2014

I also saw William Gay look like a helpless child in an attempt to tackle Adrian Peterson when Minnesota played Pittsburgh in 09. Everyone in the whole stadium felt that hit. It was wild!

Took my new fiance and best friend (also big Packers fan) to the game in 2017 in Nashville against the Titans. Thought for sure that would be a great first game experience for my friend who had never been to a Packers game. Demarco Murray ripped off a 72 yd TD on the first play of the game and it went downhill from there. 21-0 by the end of the 1st quarter. Only redeeming moment was watching a guy swan dive down a flight of stairs to catch a thrown brat in his mouth. He did not catch it. 

That was also around the time we realized things were deteriorating quickly in GB

I'm dating myself but I was at the Snow Bowl at Lambeau against Tampa in 1985.  It was an absolute blast because of the blizzard there were only just under 20,000 folks in the stands.  Most of the fans ended up in the south end zone.   I had trouble keeping the snow from piling up in my beer cup.  ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Bowl_(1985)

https://www.google.com/search?q=blizzard+bowl+nfl++Packers+photo&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=UAfrIjMJJMit5M%3A%2CPnUYxLU_VybFqM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRoRIBdL5XmbPLkomUAKOi5zEruXA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwipgub84s7iAhUDWa0KHR7EBYgQ9QEwAXoECAYQBA#imgrc=UAfrIjMJJMit5M:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I was there when Roy Williams horse collar tackled T.O. and tore his ACL in Philly...

Was it an ACL or a broken ankle? I remember Owens managed to suit up for the Super Bowl that year, and all the media spoke about was how TO was coming back from a broken ankle...

50 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Was it an ACL or a broken ankle? I remember Owens managed to suit up for the Super Bowl that year, and all the media spoke about was how TO was coming back from a broken ankle...

I forget the exact injury but it was the game that spurred the horse collar tackle rule...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

I forget the exact injury but it was the game that spurred the horse collar tackle rule...

Yeah, I remember that part - it was a really nasty looking injury when it happened, Owens' leg just folded up underneath him.

So glad that they killed that sort of tackle, it was really bad.

• Like 1