Jets Hire GM Joe Douglas

Sapo28

My hope is Douglas as GM, Kelly as Director of Player Personnel and Jeremiah as Director of College Scouting. Then I hope Douglas expands our analytics department to not only beef up its use for player acquisition but also to help coaches make decisions on gameday.

• Like 3

Interesting.  there is a reason why Champ Kelly was being set for Jets' final interview.  Kelly could join with Jets for either spot in front office.  GM or VPPP.

No matter who takes what job Jets are primed to be having vastly improved front office.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SDotNova said:

My hope is Douglas as GM, Kelly as Director of Player Personnel and Jeremiah as Director of College Scouting. Then I hope Douglas expands our analytics department to not only beef up its use for player acquisition but also to help coaches make decisions on gameday.

This

Sounds like we're all in agreement with the Douglas/Kelly pairing.  I love the idea of beefing up the analytical department as well.  If you are not at the front of this movement you are missing out.  Not sure how seriously the Jets take analytics but they should.

I honestly don't see us attached to a name I wouldn't be happy with. Kelly is very interesting to me. I believe if the Bears would have made the FG and had a nice run, it would have made Kelly look better. From the outside, we really like guys who come from winning teams.