Jets Hire GM Joe Douglas

Sapo28

Smart part on Champ Kelly.  He is still one of top GM potentials so no reason for him to come to Jets and be trapped there for 2-4 years depending on contract.

Chad Alexander sounds good to me. Rex Hogan? Was he hired by Mike Maccagnan some time ago?

Jets 2017 and 2018's drafts looked better than 2015 and 2016's that is because Hogan was hired by Colts after 2016.   lol.   He was our director of college scouting and now is about to be our assistant general manager.    I only need to know if Rex was against drafting Christian Hackenberg in 2 round?  That name never disappears.

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jets 2017 and 2018's drafts looked better than 2015 and 2016's that is because Hogan was hired by Colts after 2016.   lol.   He was our director of college scouting and now is about to be our assistant general manager.    I only need to know if Rex was against drafting Christian Hackenberg in 2 round?  That name never disappears.

Hack seems to be a 100% Macc pick. Macc/Hack/BOB/Houston, kinda all makes sense but who knows who pounded the table for the kid.

Colts drafted well with Hogan in the organization so who knows what role(s) he’s played in what both Indy and us have done.

12 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Ballard and now Douglas pouched him. That should tell you enough. 

21 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Smart part on Champ Kelly.  He is still one of top GM potentials so no reason for him to come to Jets and be trapped there for 2-4 years depending on contract.

Chad Alexander sounds good to me. Rex Hogan? Was he hired by Mike Maccagnan some time ago?

There’s no reason why Kelly couldn’t come and then leave for a GM job after a year. 

Either way, he would have been fine. 

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

There’s no reason why Kelly couldn’t come and then leave for a GM job after a year. 

Either way, he would have been fine. 

Do you think Jets will hire him for 2nd top position in FO and then let him go after one season?   Jets will block all permissions for interview.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Do you think Jets will hire him for 2nd top position in FO and then let him go after one season?   Jets will block all permissions for interview.

I’m not sure. I don’t know what’s customary. As a fan, I wouldn’t see a problem with it. These guys move around. Hogan was with Ballard for just two years. 

13 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I’m not sure. I don’t know what’s customary. As a fan, I wouldn’t see a problem with it. These guys move around. Hogan was with Ballard for just two years. 

And Douglas was only in Chicago for one year. 

I just don’t think we have the position available for Kelly at this point. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

And Douglas was only in Chicago for one year. 

I just don’t think we have the position available for Kelly at this point. 

Right. I don’t see it any more. 

I was looking at the Browns and Colts as recent examples of GMs who stacked their front office.

Dorsey hired 3 respected FO personnel: Wolf, Highsmith, and McCouglan

Ballard hired 5 Decker, Hogan, Dodds, Brien and Rogers.

We’re at three at the moment. 

41 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Because contracts for non GM are rarely unveiled to public I cant determine the logical of contract for each position in FO. However, I am pretty sure that a contract for director of college scouting is one year contract.  Douglas was Howie Roseman's right-handed man and Eagles did block the permission to interview Douglas for Texans' GM.   The "lock in" contract for upper level of FO should be at least 2 years. Mostly 3 years.

Rex Hogan was Bears' #3 man in FO so Chris Ballard didn't have any problem losing him. If it were Ed Dodds, Ballard may block this move. Like you, I don't know for sure but I hazard the guess that Douglas may hold Kelly for longer period.  To be clear, if Kelly was hired by Jets he would be number 2 in FO.

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 1