Jets Hire GM Joe Douglas

Sapo28

18 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’m glad we hired him but I’m upset we were turned down by him multiple times. 

I'm not upset, could be for a number of reasons. Wanted more money, him and his family are comfortable and like where they live, etc. If he truly didn't want the job he would never have interviewed. 

The Rams pushed hard for McVay, I'd say that worked out well for both parties. 

Edited by mattmanz91
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I'm not upset, could be for a number of reasons. Wanted more money, him and his family are comfortable and like where they live, etc. If he truly didn't want the job he would never have interviewed. 

The Rams pushed hard for McVay, I'd say that worked out well for both parties. 

Yeah, he def wouldn’t sign for 6 years. I’m just wondering what it was that made him reject at first. Short term?, no power?, penny pinching?

Glad we did whatever it took and glad it’s over now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah, he def wouldn’t sign for 6 years. I’m just wondering what it was that made him reject at first. Short term?, no power?, penny pinching?

Glad we did whatever it took and glad it’s over now. 

If I had to guess it was money, and it was more Sexton turning us down not Joe himself. 

• Like 1

Normally we have someone who isn't happy about a decision. So I'll pretend to be that guy for this thread. 

What? This franchise is going down the drain. Smh, we picked a guy who didn't come from a dynasty and he has no hair. *Burns jets jersey* 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Normally we have someone who isn't happy about a decision. So I'll pretend to be that guy for this thread. 

What? This franchise is going down the drain. Smh, we picked a guy who didn't come from a dynasty and he has no hair. *Burns jets jersey* 

horse-kick-ferrari.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Douglas got his start under Newsome who got his start under Belichick. 

Gase got his start under Saban who got his start under Belichick. 

Thanks Bill.

Wow... I thought Saban came from Parcells house but no.. BB appointed Saban as DC after resigned HC job at Toledo.   damn.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Wow... I thought Saban came from Parcells house but no.. BB appointed Saban as DC after resigned HC job at Toledo.   damn.

Well technically Belichick is under Parcells so Saban is too just not directly. It’s why I’m not mad about Gase being a psychopath. It’s needed at times.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

lol... it has been nasty outside.

We've been pretty lucky on the weekends so far.

And I'm happy that everyone else is happy. I checked out on the whole Manager deal because I know in 3 years I'm going to be asking for his head.