Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sapo28

Jets Hire GM Joe Douglas

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Douglas makes his first move.

Montrel Meander 6’2 Corner.

False.   Releasing TE Neal Sterling was his first move as Jet GM. lol.

 

Anyway,  one article suggests that Douglas will abuse waiver system.  It is about time that Jets actually claim someone for a needy position.  It gives me some hope about Jets would claim one of Saints' Center or Broncos'.  It isn't a dream anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JetsandI said:

False.   Releasing TE Neal Sterling was his first move as Jet GM. lol.

 

Anyway,  one article suggests that Douglas will abuse waiver system.  It is about time that Jets actually claim someone for a needy position.  It gives me some hope about Jets would claim one of Saints' Center or Broncos'.  It isn't a dream anymore.

I like the idea that we will use the waiver wire. I think up until about week 4 or 5 we get the third shot at anybody that was waived . That means that they will have less than 4 years and , unless they were former 1st or early 2nd round picks, will have very low salaries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect Douglas to be very busy with camp cuts and moves during July and Aug. I would keep my eye on Nelson A. and few others from Philly. I also have a feeling the John Sullivan and Crabtree will be going the team at camp. A lot of times these vets have verbal agreements but wait until camp is almost done because they don't want to go through the double days and the heat of camp. I don't blame them if they can get away with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dawg Pound Nation checking in - and I come in peace.

You guys may have gotten a really good football player here. I really wish the Browns could have found a way to hold on to him. I was really, really impressed with him in the training camp he was here. Was a victim of the numbers game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Dawg Pound Nation checking in - and I come in peace.

You guys may have gotten a really good football player here. I really wish the Browns could have found a way to hold on to him. I was really, really impressed with him in the training camp he was here. Was a victim of the numbers game.

He has a similar body type to that of Tru for us. So hopefully he can learn from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure where to put this but Gregg Williams was absolutely great in his presser today. Also stuck it to Cimini. Glad we got this guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Per reports, we’re hiring Champ Kelly as asst GM

That would be an amazing start to elite front office. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets took a snag at FO.  The pool of options has shrunk vastly.  I am still waiting for the official report on Champ Kelly.   Damn if he isn't coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those circus Jets man....its more apparent that the writers for this team might be the biggest amateur show in professional sports writing. There are adults here now, back to the kids table Manish and Cimini can go and honestly there are a few more that made ***** of themselves throughout this whole process and including the Gregg Williams presser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Those circus Jets man....its more apparent that the writers for this team might be the biggest amateur show in professional sports writing. There are adults here now, back to the kids table Manish and Cimini can go and honestly there are a few more that made ***** of themselves throughout this whole process and including the Gregg Williams presser. 

Manish has to be the worst sports writer in the nation. He lives with his foot in his mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 3:35 PM, Bianconero said:

I am soooooooo excited for this hire.

We went from having the worst GM in the league to the potential #1

On the basis that any new GM has a "shot" to be the best?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Those circus Jets man....its more apparent that the writers for this team might be the biggest amateur show in professional sports writing. There are adults here now, back to the kids table Manish and Cimini can go and honestly there are a few more that made ***** of themselves throughout this whole process and including the Gregg Williams presser. 

You can tell by the questions they ask that these press guys are trying hard to poke wholes in this organization. They're trying to create headlines. You can hear it in the questions they ask the players, coaches and front office staff. Nobody is budging.

Joe Douglas gets asked a questions about Woody coming back...doesn't create a headline.

Vitt on his relationship with Gregg...no headlines 

Gase on back stabbing Macc... no headlines

All players and coaches on Bell not showing up for voluntary practices...no headlines

Gregg gets asked about Vitt...no headlines.

 

Just on and on and the team keeps shutting it down. Love it. Reporters should now focus on reporting about football stuff. It's going to be a big change for them. 

Edited by SDotNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×