Jets Hire GM Joe Douglas

Sapo28

Great hire. I'm really interested in seeing how he handles the LT situation now. If he doesn't believe in Beachum, he could trade for Trent Williams or wait until the draft and try to get in position for a top LT. A lot could happen with other positions now, but that's the one I'm the most interested in. There are some really good prospects in next year's potential draft class. 

If I had to guess what his first move would be, I'm willing to bet he'll bring in a center. 

One of new Jets GM Joe Douglas’ plusses is his connections. He brought Andy Weidl and Ian Cunningham to Philly as directors, and it’ll be interesting to see if they go with him.

For the Eagles, may be a matter of letting them go now, or having them walk in a year.

Albert breer

Edited by NYJets4716

We went from the laughing stock of the league, to now being like well maybe they made a good move. Feels good to get our man for once over being passed up and having to settle for some nobody. 

Lets be honest, John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan were guys we got cause no one that had options wanted the job.

Our coaching staff and front office should be filled with talented guys now. Along with having a franchise QB, the Jets may finally become relevant again. 

5 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

We went from the laughing stock of the league, to now being like well maybe they made a good move. Feels good to get our man for once over being passed up and having to settle for some nobody. 

Lets be honest, John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan were guys we got cause no one that had options wanted the job.

Our coaching staff and front office should be filled with talented guys now. Along with having a franchise QB, the Jets may finally become relevant again. 

I thought Maccagnan was a good hire that time.  However, once he was too stubborn to ignore Christian Hackenberg's struggle he was done. 

Right after the power was restored I surfed on the internet and found out that Todd McShay was one of options to fill out some FO capacity.  I am down on him but I still prefer Phil Savage because of his FO experience.

I don't know if Douglas can take his men from Philly but I have no problem if that is allowable. 

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Right after the power was restored I surfed on the internet and found out that Todd McShay was one of options to fill out some FO capacity.  I am down on him but I still prefer Phil Savage because of his FO experience.

I don't know if Douglas can take his men from Philly but I have no problem if that is allowable. 

Any other news on guys currently being considered?

So far, I'm seeing Todd McShay, Phil Savage, Andy Weidl, Ian Cunningham, TJ McCreight. 

Aside from his staff, as a imagine he has somethings lined up, what is the first thing in regards to improving the team do you want to see Big Joe address?

My biggest concern is the 2nd CB position opposite Tru.  Two potential options that come to mind is re-signing Mo or seeing what the trade market for Slay might be at this point.  But either way this is my biggest concern going into the year and something I am hoping Douglas addresses immediately.

What's yours?

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/front-office/2018/05/02/dan-hatmans-2018-nfl-scout-movement-tracker/

I wish it includes date but only Greg Nejmeh who just got promoted as far as I know of.

Jets    
Title Moving On Moving In
Director of College Scouting Matt Bazirgan (HST) Jon Carr (HST)
Senior Manager, Football Research & Analytics None Brian Shields (Promoted)
National Scout (West Coast) Jim Jauch None
National Scout Lee Gissendaner (GB) Dom Green (Promoted)
Coordinator, Pro Scouting None Greg Nejmeh (Promoted)
College Scout Brian Shields (Promoted) Alonzo Dotson (GB)
College Scout None Drew Morris (Promoted)
College Scout Dom Green (Promoted) None
Pro Scout Greg Nejmeh (Promoted) None
Pro Scout Tom Gibbons Kevin Murphy (BUF – 2017)
Manager, Football Analytics None
Jason Mulholland (Promoted – Finance)
Scouting Intern Drew Morris (Promoted) Andrew Dollack (TXAM)
Scouting Intern None Tyler Tettleton (OKUN)
Scouting Intern None Eric Ellingworth (FLUN)
Player Personnel/Operations Intern Brian Clay None
Analytics Seasonal Intern None

Jason Feldman (CAR)

2019 part is incomplete but

Jets    
Title Moving On Moving In
General Manager Mike Maccagnan  
Vice President, Player Personnel Brian Heimerdinger  
Manager, Football Administration None Nick Sabella (CHI)
Scouting Intern Tyler Tettleton (CLE – Coaching)  

I was confused about Greg Nejmeh part myself but I got it.  Nejmeh is just promoted from coordinator of college scouting to director of pro personnel.  He was promoted twice in Jets organization.  I don't know if Douglas keeps him.

So the eagles (with Douglas) resigned Wentz last week to a 4 year extension at 128m or 32 per year. But by doing it now, they are able to spread it over six years. So with his 4th and 5th year salaries included it only(😚) comes out to a little over 26m.  I think it’s smart because surely the salaries will only go up in the next two years.  Hopefully Sam can develop  over the next two years and get the same treatment.

• Like 1