Woz

Jay Gruden: Should he stay or should he go?

11 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Jay literally just said last week that he’s coaching for his job this year. He will be fired if we don’t make the playoffs. I’m fairly confident in that. 

When it comes to continuity with Haskins, I’m hoping they promote KOC, and give him a shot. 

He was joking and laughing when he said that and so were all of the reporters bc taking heads, beat reporters and sports writers have segments on the topic daily so, it was just a funny.

Again, if Haskins plays this year I think that buys Jay more time no matter what the record is unless it’s like 4 wins or less.

Now, if Jay goes with Case or Colt and they lose double digit games and he refuses to play Haskins inspite of them being out of the playoffs in December then, I think he’ll get fired.

Just now, turtle28 said:

He was joking and laughing when he said that and so were all of the reporters bc taking heads, beat reporters and sports writers have segments on the topic daily so, it was just a funny.

Again, if Haskins plays this year I think that buys Jay more time no matter what the record is unless it’s like 4 wins or less.

Now, if Jay goes with Case or Colt and they lose double digit games and he refuses to play Haskins inspite of them being out of the playoffs in December then, I think he’ll get fired.

They were all joking and laughing because they all knew it was true. Keim and Finlay even said as much after. 

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

They were all joking and laughing because they all knew it was true. Keim and Finlay even said as much after. 

Maybe, hopefully we don’t have to find that out and they actually have a good season but I think those are long odds.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe, hopefully we don’t have to find that out and they actually have a good season but I think those are long odds.

As long as the next HC is a WCO guy or hires a WCO OC, I wouldn’t mind too much. Haskins’ development in the same or similar system is key. 

My preference is for Gruden to step up and be better than he has been at in-game adjustments and the like or for KOC to take over if he gets the axe. 

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

As long as the next HC is a WCO guy or hires a WCO OC, I wouldn’t mind too much. Haskins’ development in the same or similar system is key. 

My preference is for Gruden to step up and be better than he has been at in-game adjustments and the like or for KOC to take over if he gets the axe. 

I definitely agree. 

On Thursday, June 06, 2019 at 5:49 AM, turtle28 said:

I think the drafting of Haskins gets Gruden at least this season and next. This is the first time he’s had a rookie high drafted QB to work with and develop. I think he gets time to develop him.

This would be the best long term solution if Snyder and Allenwood have half a brain cells between them.  However when it comes to football matters that is questionable.   :(