Gerald McCoy to sign with Carolina Panthers

AFlaccoSeagulls

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I thought he wanted to sign with a good team?

Well, Carolina might be good this year. It is an odd year and they were really unlucky in close games last season (2-7). They are one of the most obvious positive regression candidates heading into 2019. 

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Not every QB can carry his team. Cam does.

That's not really true. He had one amazing year and has been an average NFL QB outside of that. I love Cam Newton to death, but he's not even as good as Baker Mayfield anymore. If finding a team whose QB can carry the team was a concern for him, why wouldn't he go to Cleveland?

Cleveland: Brightest future; Best QB, gets to play alongside Myles Garrett, Olivier Vernon, Larry Ogunjobi, and Sheldon Richardson.

Ravens: Historically dominant defenses; gets to play amongst other great defensive players. Would likely get the most PT here.

Panthers: ....not sure. Unless the Ravens and Browns supremely lowballed him on a contract, I can't imagine why he felt that Carolina offered him the best situation. I was under the assumption that they had 2 entrenched starters at DT already.

maybe he like Sam Mills more than Cullen.  By this deal you can tell that he was putting a lot more stock in money than what I thought he was going to.  I thought he would go to the Chiefs, Pats, Saints, boys etc for 4 or 5 mill, after making 100 mill already.  

Dang wish the Falcons would have offered him something like that.  He would help our D-line as lord knows it needs it and he would have paired well with Grady for a year or 2.  We would still have given him a chance to play the Bucs twice a year with some of his coaches he likes here as well in Raheem Morris and Dirk Koetter.   Also think he would get more playing time at DT compared to the Panthers who i think is better off there than we are.  Oh well though the front office didn't put much effort into getting him so nothing more to say about it now lol.

16 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Weren't the Panthers looking to move to a three-man front? How does McCoy fit in?

We're going to have multiple 3-4 and 4-3 fronts. In 3-4, I would think we would have KK - Poe - McCoy in the front 3 so he would be a 3-4 DE. In the past years, he has started to line up further from the interior so I don't think it would be a huge transition but still a transition. In 4-3, he'll be along KK.