What to do about the S&C team? Fire them?

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Didn’t the Steelers just do that with Leveon last year?  He will lose gamechecks, I think he gets whatever annual bonus he’s due regardless.  Also this only impacts actually money Snyder doesn’t pay, it won’t help our cap at all.  Honestly I’d rather Trent just get his money cause screw Dan Snyder.

Well, I understand the sentiment about Snyder so I'm okay if we just pay him. And I also know about it not lowering our cap. I'm just speaking of the precedent. If I'm Dan, I'm not paying him to sit out all season. I'll put him on the list ad not pay him his game checks. Most of this season is game checks ($11m). Only $3m is bonus money. 

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They don’t have to do a thing. He has two years on his deal left and there’s absolutely no way he’s going to sit at home and forfeit like $25M not playing for two seasons. He’s not getting any younger and simply cannot afford to miss two years and think he’s going to come back to a huge pay day. Love the guy and he’s my favorite player on the team but he has no leg to stand on here. I’d just bump his pay a bit over the next two years and see where we stand when his contract is up. This whole thing is ridiculous. 

This is where I'm at too. Oh...and fire the medical staff.

• Like 1

The guy vows not to play in burgundy and gold. Worst case; Desmond Harrison just got cut by the Browns. He has a ton of talent but has motivation issues. Bring him in see if he can beat Geron and/or Flowers. Trade Trent for the best WR you can find. 

I mean, a vow is a vow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I would make that trade even if he wanted to stay!

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone is going to take his cap hit and give us a 1st round pick, plus a good player.  Also, we are in a weak bargaining position so unless we find a trading partner who has zero solution at left tackle, like their left tackle just got an acl tear in camp, then whoever we trade with is going to get the better end of the deal.

Now maybe Trent -> Bills for Nsekhe and a 4th?  

The Houston Texans have super bowl expectations and zippy at LT except their rookie they drafted from Alabama State.

They may do a trade with us and give us a 1st round pick plus a player.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

He was not good at LT. I watched him get destroyed by Dadi Nicholas and others for years. 

Ok, honestly I don't think ever watched a game of his in college bc watching Virginia suck at football is not high on my radar on Saturday games to watch.

The way I see it currently though is that  he's clearly improved in the pros thanks to Callahan and Moses’ own hard work, at least at RT.

I think it's pretty clear if Trent doesn't play that while it isn't ideal, our best option at LT would be to flip Moses over to LT and have Scherff, Christian, Flowers or someone else we acquire play RT.

Sadly, if Trent won't play or if he's traded, I wouldn't be surprised if Lauvao isn't re-signed eventually as well to compete for the starting LG job, especially if Moses ends up playing LT and then Scherff is bumped out to RT.

46 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

dont trade him send a signal

get his signing bonus back and dont pay him his salary

The issue with this is that it hurts the franchise. The Steelers look pretty foolish now for not trading Le’Veon Bell to someone in need of a running back and at worst getting back a 2nd round pick.

Another example is Cousins. The Redskins should have done the same with Cousins in 2016 or 17 if they thought he would never sign a team friendly deal with them.

We could have gotten back at worst a 2nd round pick for Kirk in 16 or 17 instead of just a 3rd round comp pick.

We definitely could've gotten more than what the Pats got for Jimmy G from the 49ers for Kirk.

Edited by turtle28

Another team that could use Trent is the Browns. Their projected starting LT is expected to be Greg Robinson, obviously that's not good for a team with playoff aspirations.

I'd trade for their RT Chris Hubbard - who is pretty good - and a 1st or 2nd round pick then move Moses to LT.

Then, we can also sign Desmond Harrison who was the Browns former starting LT before they cut him this week after he missed his flight to get to mini-camp.

If we do those things, then we’re looking pretty set with good competition for the two starting OT spots.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

It's your consistent medical procedure issues he wants out right? Why not get rid of the current medical staff and hire a more up to date staff. Than pay the man a little extra money up front. It's a bussiness right? Admitt your fault Skins and be professionals. Trading Trent basically is sending him to another team (with better physicians) where he can get back to being a top 5 LT for the next 3 years (maybe more) somewhere else leaving Keenum or Haskins blindside not safe. If this is truly the reason he wants out he's gonna want to know the history of surgeries and medical things of his new team. Take responsibility for your failure of mistreating him/other guys injuries and fix this issue. 

What type of message is this sending other player's? How does this make your Franchise look? Trading or releasing a guy becuase your Medical Staff misdiagnosed him! Keep in mind the Medical Staff and some of it's work has been in question for some time. You don't care about your player's just trading or releasing Trent William's in this situation! Bad look💯